First Utility

After being with them a few year without any issues I now find their customer service is probably one of the worst Ive come across
I moved house in August,I had built up a credit of over £200 which they sent to me when I moved.The house I moved to was similar so the agreed to maintain my Monthly DD at £64.I have since since already built up a credit of over £100.A few weeks ago they sent me an email saying they were going to increase my DD to £106 per month
I rang them to ask why,they checked through and said they were wrong and said the correct figure should be £54/mth...Yesterday they took £106 from my bank...I rang them and said why,she said someone had reset my back to £106 after it had been changed to £54...I asked whoand why and she couldn't tell me.I asked for a refund of the £52 and I was told it will take 10 days.Im not desperate for this money but I bet some people would have to go without food if someone had take extra £50 from their bank.They are just not interested in how the problem has happened,why the re assessed the DD.
Please be aware of this company...Trustpilot shows a lot of upset customers over the past few weeks
Avoid this company

Comments

• *j*
    *j* Posts: 319 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    To avoid waiting on the phone for them to answer (no 0800 number) send them a message from your account on their website, and they will get back to you in a few days. Tell them clearly what money you want returned, and what your monthly DD should be.

When they agree to the refunds you will be told it takes "up to" 28 days to reach your bank account!

I stick with them because I have a very good deal until the end of 2019.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 16 January 2018 at 6:24PM
    mackemdave wrote: »
    After being with them a few year without any issues I now find their customer service is probably one of the worst Ive come across
    I moved house in August,I had built up a credit of over £200 which they sent to me when I moved.The house I moved to was similar so the agreed to maintain my Monthly DD at £64.I have since since already built up a credit of over £100.A few weeks ago they sent me an email saying they were going to increase my DD to £106 per month
    I rang them to ask why,they checked through and said they were wrong and said the correct figure should be £54/mth...Yesterday they took £106 from my bank...I rang them and said why,she said someone had reset my back to £106 after it had been changed to £54...I asked whoand why and she couldn't tell me.I asked for a refund of the £52 and I was told it will take 10 days.Im not desperate for this money but I bet some people would have to go without food if someone had take extra £50 from their bank.They are just not interested in how the problem has happened,why the re assessed the DD.
    Please be aware of this company...Trustpilot shows a lot of upset customers over the past few weeks
    Avoid this company

Whilst I'm not sure I would use this supplier again, it is because of a bad previous experience with them (see my post in the First Utility feedback thread).

As for TrustPilot - I think we all know you cannot trust Trustpilot

Don't forget that according to the rules of the Direct Debit Scheme, you are entitled to advance notice of the amount, date and freqency of any collection. Failure to provide that would entitle you to make a valid claim under the terms of the Direct Debit Guarantee direct to your bank for an immediate refund of the money collected
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure