PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

February 2017 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• i've still over a week to go on January's budget :(

have decided, rather than beat myself up every month (I do enough of that in general in winter months) I'm going to go back up to £160for the month with the view to trying to drop it again in march or so when things are more settled.

good luck all :)
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Still on January till the weekend but please put me down for £80 again.

Just cant seem to make it big and red anymore, any suggestions,?
    Slimming World at target
  • medsdemon
    medsdemon Posts: 761 Forumite
    I'm still on January for over another week, but please put me down for £200please this month which will run the 1st to the 28th of February. So that will make it a budget of just £50 a week for 2 adults and a fussy cat. I think that will be a challenge, but it'll be good to be on top of it. That will be cutting me down quite a lot.

( my name wasn't added to the list last month so if you could add me for Feb that would be great, thank you ( still participated anyway😬).
    Grocery challenge October: £228.28/£250.00 NSD 4 ( not completed)
    Grocery challenge November : £291.65/300.00 NSD 10
    Grocery challenge December : £0/240.00 NSD
  • medsdemon
    medsdemon Posts: 761 Forumite
    Meg72 You need to go into advanced not quick reply. Well that's how I did it ;)
    Grocery challenge October: £228.28/£250.00 NSD 4 ( not completed)
    Grocery challenge November : £291.65/300.00 NSD 10
    Grocery challenge December : £0/240.00 NSD
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    £200 for Feb please, only 4 weeks, but I don't have the stocks I had in Jan, and youngest is back from Uni for a week of that, so Loo Roll and shower gel costs alone will spiral :rotfl:
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    £80 having another try.
    Slimming World at target
  • peony40
    peony40 Posts: 645 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello All,

Please can you put me down for £200.. This is to cover all groceries/household/toiletries for two adults from 27th Jan to 24th Feb.

This year I need to concentrate on grocery expenditure/menu planning. I just find it really hard to get my head around it, goodness knows why. One plan is to try and get by with a couple of internet shops, and the rest by buying as and when needed from the local supermarket. Hopefully, I can then make use of reduced offers, reduce food wastage by buying only what I can manage to carry home.

Good Luck All.
    Sealed Pot Challenge # 003
    August 2023 Grocery Challenge: Wk 2 £31.39/40 Wk 3 £35.18/40 (savings: £13.43)
  • Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    My Feb starts tomorrow until the 17th. I'm going for £240 for 2 adults and 2 teens for all food and cleaning and toiletries.

It will be tight as I used up almost everything this month.

Thanks for the thread Zippy, Coxy and Lynne :A
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
  • Hi can I join from 1st February please and will you put me down for £200 this will include food and all household toiletries cleaning etc. I will be budgeting for 3 adults and sunday lunches for 4 adults and 1 child thank you
  • I'm in again. Still aiming to keep to £5200.0 for the year so this month I'll be trying for £400.
    We are away for a week at mid-term so I might even get a bit of slush to go towards bulk buys and store cupboard items.
    Thanks for the thread and keeping us in line.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure