Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Comments

• Got the valuation report through today (valuation survey took place on 1st April) and that's all ok. Desperate to hear back from Halifax now.
  • jagger86
    jagger86 Posts: 124 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Santander have told our MA that the survey has been instructed. Spoke to EA today who haven't heard anything yet - but the number I had was not in use as that particular EA has now 'left' the new person dealing with it sounds on the ball though so will see.

Can't believe how long it is taking!

Once a survey has been instructed how long does it take them to book it??
    tackling credit card debt starting Feb 2020
    HSBC £3400 £3251
    Santander £4400 £4188
    Fluid £650 £330

Emergency fund £580/£1000
  • dats
    dats Posts: 78 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    We paid the fee on the Weds and the surveyor called the following Tues to say that it was booked for the Friday. But this is with Easter in between so hopefully yours will be quicker!
  • Lilhobo
    Lilhobo Posts: 102 Forumite
    My MA was advised that valuation had been instructed yesterday, valuation taking place today with e-serv.
  • Bellerina
    Bellerina Posts: 11 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Nervously waiting on updates from L&C for our mortgage offer from Santander and the refresh button is going to be worn out soon! I'm hoping joining in here might be a good distraction for me!

Timeline so far:

23/02 DIP obtained from L&C brokers, 90% LTV
    24/02 Offer accepted on purchase STC (buying from a family member)
    10/03 EA instructed, photos taken
    11/03 House on market
    14/03 Viewings
    19/03 Sale agreed STC, instructed broker to prepare full application
    24/03 Further docs provided to broker, solicitor instructed
    26/03 MA submitted to Santander
    26/03 Broker confirmed credit check and affordability passed
    30/03 Buyer's valuation carried out (Halifax)
    31/03 P60 requested by Santander
    01/04 P60 uploaded

nothing since.... Looking at some of your posts we should be expecting either confirmation of the valuation instruction or a further request for docs today or tomorrow. Fingers crossed its the former!
  • Lilhobo
    I've found this a helpful page to look at when caculating where we should be in the process.

https://www.santanderforintermediaries.co.uk/content/submit-and-track-business/service-levels
  • djedga
    djedga Posts: 110 Forumite
    Our valuation was received by Narionwide Thursday, not looked at till today due to the bank hols and will be passed for final checks tomorrow probably hear tomorrow or Friday but 'all looks ok'....

It's a paper application due to porting so taking a little longer as a result
  • Vok_2
    Vok_2 Posts: 84 Forumite
    Hi all,
    Why me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

07/03/15 - Got my mortgage with Natwest approved subject to valuation.

Both we both pulled out a day before Mortgage valuation. Basically I also wanted a HBS done and he refused due to work commitments and also wouldn’t let the EA have the keys because of her pets.I even suggested weekend and it was a NO AM BUSY. He is happy to give 30mins of his time for the valuation to be done but not the HBS. He is not happy to take the time off work for a 2-3hrs HBS.
    I said if I can’t do my HBS then am not happy to proceed and he said fine. The EA also told him that they not happy to continue marketing the property because of what has happened.
    Am happy to spend my money to carry out the HBS on the property so the least I expect is access.
    So am back to square one L
  • Lilhobo
    So valuation has been done, as Santander underwrite prior to valuation are we literally just waiting for mortgage offer to be sent out assuming the value is acceptable? How long have others had to wait for Santander offers following valuation?
  • Received a phone call today saying the Halifax mortgage offer is in the post! What a relief. So from applying it was 16 days or 10 working days due to the 4 day bank holiday weekend.

11/3 Met with Broker and got AIP with Halifax, they ask for 15% deposit rather than 10%, ok.
    17/3 Offer Made
    18/3 Offer Accepted
    24/3 Back to Broker for mortgage application to Halifax (+ 3 mths bank statements, 3 mths pay slips) also paid valuation fee there and then.
    01/4 Valuation Survey
    *Easter Bank Holiday Weekend*
    07/4 Received Valuation Survey in post.
    08/4 Phone call to say all is well and mortgage offer is in the post
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills