Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• jessnat995
    jessnat995 Posts: 108 Forumite
    Options
    thats bad i feel for you, Are you sure there is nothing on anyone of your records? i only mention it as we gor accepted and was in a far worse possition
  • fairygoodgirl
    Options
    KTaneva wrote: »
    Bad bad news for me .
    My application was declined without any explanation from the head office in NationWide .
    Credit score 999 ,salary 42k,no credit cards no loans nothing .
    I can't believe this .
    I don't know where I am now and I had so many plans already even for my new furnitures in the house .
    Now we will make alllication with Halifax ,I am banking with them for 5 years already ,hope they will consider to give me green light .

Now I'm nervous....we are in the same position. Noticed many people get their offer not long after the valuation. :/
  • Blade200
    Blade200 Posts: 47 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    jessnat995 wrote: »
    thats bad i feel for you, Are you sure there is nothing on anyone of your records? i only mention it as we gor accepted and was in a far worse possition

Absolutely sure I've a clean record. At a complete loss. Broker is so annoyed he will refund full fees. Normally only half gets refunded.
  • vics007
    vics007 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Bad bad news for me .
    My application was declined without any explanation from the head office in NationWide .
    Credit score 999 ,salary 42k,no credit cards no loans nothing .
    I can't believe this .
    I don't know where I am now and I had so many plans already even for my new furnitures in the house .
    Now we will make alllication with Halifax ,I am banking with them for 5 years already ,hope they will consider to give me green light .

I'm so sorry - I feel totally gutted for you :( x
  • Futuristic
    Futuristic Posts: 1,131 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 14 March 2017 at 3:58PM
    Options
    MA submitted to Natwest today and valuation fee taken, I have complex self employed accounts so here hoping all goes well.
  • Rosy_Apple
    Rosy_Apple Posts: 152 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Futuristic wrote: »
    MA submitted to Natwest today and valuation fee taken, I have complex self employed accounts so here's hoping all goes well.

Good luck :)
  • KTaneva
    KTaneva Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Update from me .
    My broker made application today with Halifax .
    Valuation fee taken out of my account . Valuation booked (don't know dates yet).
    Hopefully everything will go smooth with Halifax after my bad experience with NationWide. Prayers.
  • fairygoodgirl
    Options
    Update from me .
    My broker made application today with Halifax .
    Valuation fee taken out of my account . Valuation booked (don't know dates yet).
    Hopefully everything will go smooth with Halifax after my bad experience with NationWide. Prayers.

Good luck! I might be joining you at this rate!
  • ScotsLad5818
    Options
    I could have exploded today. I work shifts, have been off for the last three weeks however and been dealing with mortgage advisor and lender over that time. They've got most documents within 24hrs from me. Today; the last day of my holiday they've requested a lot of documentation relating to proof of deposit. The majority is coming from our own savings and the remainder being gifted by a grandparent. In preparation for this having read about gifting letters elsewhere on MSE I already had one written up and signed.

However, along with that they have requested bank statements showing the money leaving the grandparents account and coming to us. Should be easy right... Unfortunately the money was transfered via my parents account as my grandparent doesn't use online banking and had a transfer already set up on her telephone banking account to my mum.

Now they want a letter and a statement from everyone involved, so it's like a gift from Gran > Mum > Me.

Frustrating thing is, ask me for this last week I'd have it done in a day even if I had to drive to everyone involved. Now, it's going to take til next week to get sorted.

Is this a normal process? I've got friends who have had the whole deposit paid by parents and haven't had this scrutiny put on them.

Plus side: valuation instructed today.
  • drsquirrel
    drsquirrel Posts: 283 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's very common to fill out a gift declaration - this is so they sign away any possible claim of equity in the property.

Your conveyancer may have a pre-written form for you to sign.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback