anyone heard/used waeplus.co.uk (wae+) at all?

Comments

• I have used WAE+ on the 1st October 2012 for an external hard drive. There was a little wait for the item but nothing to worry about.
    All in all I did not have a problem and I am now concidering purchasing a sat nav from them.

Kev:T
  • Basil1234
    Basil1234 Posts: 1,146 Forumite
    siptec wrote: »
    Just look at the negative reviews on this firm they even have Trust Pilot remove negative reviews under the pretence that it contravenes their guidelines, THIS HAPPENED TO ME.
    Trust Pilot cannot be trusted either:mad:

trustpilot also took my review down kept getting emails wanting me to give my personal details so trustpilot could pass on to give to waeplus so they could confirm who i was as a customer!

bearing in mind the uk data protection laws they would be breaking and i had no intention of confirming who i was, as who knows what hassle i would receive from waeplus after that!

and trustpilot i will never deal with again and have since deleted my account and all reviews as its not a true review site at all as there way dealing with it is to confirm who you are and confirm to the complaining company and pass back information to them, in my honest opinion i feel this breaks the law (data protection act) and also the issue of trust which trustpilot reckons its based on!

it came down to was told by trustpilot who i was to pass back info to them so the could pass to waeplus so could confirm i was customer or review would go down (see the issue yet) told them take down review and i will delete my account as they are not trustworthy or consumer backed/conscious its a shame others don't do the same if they have had other true reviews removed as well.

perhaps would make trustpilot think on about its rules because i would always expect to find negative reviews i would be interested to know how many reviews trustpilot has deleted on waeplus in this year alone and also % wise how many it deletes in a year on all the other companies? my bet is alot

my review of trustpilot in my own free words here:
    Not to be trusted its too flawed with there own rules backing up companies rather than consumers poor experiences and there way of dealing with breaks all form of trust and i suspect uk data protection laws but i let people make up there own minds here from their own thoughts but you now know mine all i can say is i hope this has helped and opened a few peoples eyes to the truth of the flawed system trustpilot use!
    my one piece of advice with trustpilot avoid complete waste of time!

basil
  • Lordsnooty wrote: »
    Guys can you believe this, one day on this forum and I have received this from Wae+ (Gangsters Ltd)

[FONT=&quot]Please accept our deepest and sincere apologies with regards to your refund as you were not happy with the service we provided.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I can now confirm you have been refunded in full and we can now close your investigation.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Your refund has been processed today and will be credited back to the debit card originally used. This will show in your account within the next 3-5 working days depending on who you bank with.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We would also like to take this opportunity to express our regrets and to assure you that we will do our best to avoid a repeat of what happened.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We really do value our customers and your custom and look forward to continuing our relationship in the near future.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thank you for your kind understanding.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Yours sincerely,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Gary Prestell[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Complaints Controller [/FONT]

Do you believe it? We will wait and see. Does anyone know this guys Email address (Gary Prestell) so that I can thank him and ask him for proof that he has sent it? I will believe it when I see the money credited to my account.

That is an exact cut and paste reply I had after chasing my printer nightmare - never arrrived, told damaged in post, told damaged in warehouse, given false tracking number then hanging up on me when I said I was typing in the tracking number and could see it was false (was told perhaps the customer advisor got it wrong - strange as it is was a completely different courier company they told me the following day) - they then sent out an opened battered printer box that we refused delivery of, as we could see bits sticking out - after threatening Section 75 chargeback we finally got a refund - and this email:

When I questioned their dodgy reputation online they said bad people make things up and they are not scams, they just dont know when items will arrive from their Europe warehouse - Strange as I paid for faster delivery as I had wanted the printer from Birmingham which their address shows.
    Dear Colin ,

Please accept our deepest and sincere apologies with regards to your refund as you were not happy with the service we provided.

I can now confirm you have been refunded in full and we can now close your investigation.

Your refund has been processed today and will be credited back to the debit card originally used. This will show in your account within the next 3-5 working days depending on who you bank with.

We would also like to take this opportunity to express our regrets and to assure you that we will do our best to avoid a repeat of what happened.

We really do value our customers and your custom and look forward to continuing our relationship in the near future.

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Yours sincerely,

Gary Prestell
    Complaints Controller
  • COLIN 2511.
    THIS IS TYPICAL OF THE WAY THEY CONDUCT THEIR BUSINESS I HAVE NOW MADE A COMPLAINT TO TRADING STANDARDS.
    I had the unit examined ( router ) by an expert they discovered it had been used prior to shipment to me It had all the details of another disgruntled buyer. This is Fraud selling used goods as new, it was not sold as a refubished item.
    They should be prosecuted and shut down, I feel realy sorry for all the people who bought Xmas presents for children and got scammed, in some cases losing all their money.
    M& S money told me they were inundated by complaints and charge backs from WAE+

LEAVE WELL ALONE, if you have problems my advice is to make an official complaint to Birmingham Trading Standards.
  • BB34
    BB34 Posts: 316 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    biggydoug wrote: »
    hi i just looked on nat west web site and i can use charge back. if your bank issues visa debit cards you are given the same protetion as if it was a cridit card only diffence is theres no limit on amount

Hi, You can def use chargeback, as I Had to in order to get my money back after waiting 2 months for delivery! I paid by debit card and once I registered a chargeback I received my money back from the bank within 3 days!!!!!!
  • got this email today lets just wait and see plus i have set the wheels in motaion for visa debit charge back.

Dear Mr. Abel,

We are sorry you were not satisfied with your order, and requested us to
    cancel which was already processed. We will be more than happy to provide
    you with a full refund.

Due to busy Christmas period the refund was a little delayed and will be
    looking into the matter to speed up the process. We apologize for any
    inconvenience this may have caused.
    The refund will be processed and back into your account within the next
    3-5 working days.

We aim to resolve this as quickly and efficiently as possible.Thank you
    for your time and cooperation.

Warm Regards.
    WAE+
  • Alias_Omega
    Alias_Omega Posts: 7,912 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Was looking to pick up a Samsung TV from this company.

Not now..

Thanks All..
  • I tried to buy something from these guys and waited since around October until after Christmas for the item to come. After sending two complaints I finally received this two weeks ago : -

Dear customer,
    thank you for you\'re query i have checked with dispatch and we can get the item with you within the next 3-5 working days. if you are happy to hold we will proceed.

kind regards

customer service

Unfortunatly the item never came I have now received this : -

Dear Customer,

We are contacting you in regards to complications that have arisen with your order therefore your order has been cancelled. This has affected our ability to process a full refund due to problems with our previous payment merchant.

As a result, we must unfortunately notify you that you will need to file a dispute with your bank for the transaction, as we are unable to complete the refund now from our side. In many cases this should be straight forward, and quick. Chargebacks are there to protect the consumer in situations where they are unable to receive their funds back via normal methods.

We realise that this is asking more of you than is normally expected, and we can only apologise for this, and any inconvenience this may cause you.

Should you have any issue regarding this, let us know and we will see what we can do to try to help further. We regret that we are unable to refund your transaction and hope that your bank can assist you with a swift conclusion.

Kind Regards
    customer service team

Surely expecting me to go to my bank in order to get my money back is not legal! If I bought the item from them they should surely either provide me with a refund, or with the item itself.
  • Basil1234 wrote: »
    trustpilot also took my review down kept getting emails wanting me to give my personal details so trustpilot could pass on to give to waeplus so they could confirm who i was as a customer!

bearing in mind the uk data protection laws they would be breaking and i had no intention of confirming who i was, as who knows what hassle i would receive from waeplus after that!

and trustpilot i will never deal with again and have since deleted my account and all reviews as its not a true review site at all as there way dealing with it is to confirm who you are and confirm to the complaining company and pass back information to them, in my honest opinion i feel this breaks the law (data protection act) and also the issue of trust which trustpilot reckons its based on!

it came down to was told by trustpilot who i was to pass back info to them so the could pass to waeplus so could confirm i was customer or review would go down (see the issue yet) told them take down review and i will delete my account as they are not trustworthy or consumer backed/conscious its a shame others don't do the same if they have had other true reviews removed as well.

perhaps would make trustpilot think on about its rules because i would always expect to find negative reviews i would be interested to know how many reviews trustpilot has deleted on waeplus in this year alone and also % wise how many it deletes in a year on all the other companies? my bet is alot

my review of trustpilot in my own free words here:
    Not to be trusted its too flawed with there own rules backing up companies rather than consumers poor experiences and there way of dealing with breaks all form of trust and i suspect uk data protection laws but i let people make up there own minds here from their own thoughts but you now know mine all i can say is i hope this has helped and opened a few peoples eyes to the truth of the flawed system trustpilot use!
    my one piece of advice with trustpilot avoid complete waste of time!

basil

I fully sympathise with you, I too have exactly the same suspicion as you, mine too was taken down, no wonder they score good on trustpilot, not very trusting in my opinion, every other website reviews are bad where it cannot be reported, I suspect those are more relevant
  • rpcarrio
    rpcarrio Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 13 January 2013 at 1:49AM
    I placed an order with WAE+ a while ago with 6-8 working day delivery (which was the only delivery option). It was supposed to be delivered yesterday at the latest but it hasn't even been dispatched. I contacted them via their website yesterday but got a generic reply telling me that the items are allocated and will be delivered in the next few working days, which is probably rubbish.

Should I just phone them on Monday and cancel my order? I'd like to avoid any major hassle.

Thanks.

Edit: how long do I have to wait before I can do a Visa chargeback?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure