PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Friday 25th July

Comments

• sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Morning everyone

Another beautiful day :j day off for me , I'm currently doing the housework while it is a bit cooler. I've stripped all the covers of the sofas and chairs to wash . Cleaned the kitchen and living room , I still need to clean the bathroom

Took MIL around the botanical gardens yesterday as it's wheelchair accessible, she really enjoyed it despite us having to wait an hour to be served drinks , goodness knows what was going on and when the drinks came they were in filthy glasses. :mad: If we go to the gardens again we will take our own drinks.

Dd2 is having a lovely time in aix en Provence , the temperatures are in the 30s so they are spending a lot of time swimming .

Right off to do a bit more , have a lovely day everyone xx
  • busiscoming2
    busiscoming2 Posts: 4,459 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Morning all,

Cloudy at the mo, but very warm. First lot of washing on the line. Need to remake our bed and do a clean through. It won't be a brilliant job as we are going away on Wednesday, I'll have to clean it again before I go.

Need to get a few foodie bits and loo rolls. Think I may go and have a look at the swimwear in the sales, any excuse to buy more bikinis! Mind you they don't last long, I find the elastic goes; must be the suncream, salt and chlorine. I don't usually check them but wear them only to realise after a while I have a big gaping leg hole :rotfl: which can be a little embarrassing.

Off out for a meal tonight with various members of OH's family.

Have a fab day all.
  • mrsmortenharket
    mrsmortenharket Posts: 2,131 Forumite
    Morning all

Hope everyone is well x

Today is a day of housework. Tomorrow evening, I have the neighbours coming over for drinks as a way to say thank you for helping is not get flooded at the weekend.

Tidying with Small Child is not easy. He spills all his toys out. Constantly.

Will do the best I can.

Dh has LO chilli for dinner. No idea what me and the kids will have.

WM nearly finished so will get that hung out and another load on.

Think will do the housework in my pjs and then just jump in the shower afterwards.

Have a good day all

Love,hugs and spoons xxxx
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]We lost Jo Chick about an hour ago, it was peaceful, she went in her sleep. Sometimes they have a fit when they die, it's not nice to see. I brought her into the kitchen a couple of days ago and set up a little area for her, she couldn't cool herself down outside – they find shade and spread their wings out to keep cool and she didn't seem to have the energy to even do that. So pleased I didn't have to take her to the vet. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I was in the greenhouses early yesterday, it was so hot, I felt a bit sick and dizzy when I came out.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I've repotted a few of the new strawberry plants, the rest will have to wait because I've run out of compost. I'm surprised how long the roots are already, I'll have to get the others done quickly.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I filled a couple of freezer bags with chopped courgettes. I'm running out of freezer space so I helped a bit by eating some ice cream. Will have to do the same today I think :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Our window man turned up to replace the damaged pane, I'd forgotten all about it, lol. A friend turned up with mackerel he'd caught yesterday, so that's tea tonight sorted. I still haven't done that paperwork, more needs doing in the garden and I need to pop into town. I haven't even got dressed yet.[/FONT]

:beer:
    Bulletproof
  • Jacksmummy
    Jacksmummy Posts: 226 Forumite
    Morning all

Another lovely warm morning here, so the WM is on ready for the line to be loaded up, I was going to change the beds but I think that can wait till tomorrow.

Tru - So sorry to hear of your loss, we too lost our ex bat hen "Mabel" on Monday :( so spent Tuesday looking for a replacement, we managed to find a farmer that breeds hens so went and got another two, we decided on a white Sussex and a Beechwood blue, both are 16 weeks old and lay 200-250+ eggs per year so within a few months we should have a healthy supply of eggs from those 2 plus the ones we had already, at the minute they are all fighting hopefully it will calm down in a day or so when they are used to one another, its not really much of a problem as they are all free range so have a huge garden to get away from each other

Yesterday was a good day, one of our bunnies went to the rare breed centre to replace their stud buck that they retired because we had donated one of our rabbits to them they gave us free passes for the day to the centre, so myself, DH & ds had a wonderful day out, all it cost us was £12 for lunch which made a nice change as we never eat out anymore.

Today is a day in home, I offered to look after my friends 6yr old twins for the day so we are going to be having a very noisy day as the twins are quiet boisterous, so I plan to get them out in the garden playing this morning with paints & chalk then make some cakes and pizza's for their tea and a afternoon playing with lego and board games, that should keep them all occupied.... well that is the plan!

Hope you all have a lovely day.
    G.C July £21.09/£100

• Good morning everyone, hot and humid here today but with a little background breeze that is taking the edge off the heat. Up very early again as like everyone else trying to sleep in this heat is difficult so after a very wakeful night I got up and dusted, vacuumed cleaned both bathrooms, changed DDs quilt to a summer one as she and DH and the Zebra child are coming to stay for the weekend. Then found that the lurcha ahd snuck into our bedroom covered in mud and rolled on the bed!!! Grrrrr so changed the bedding and it will go in the wash after the first load is finished and on the line. Thank goodness for good drying days. Have made a raspberry upside down cake for puds, and a big jar of fruit puree for the baby to have with some greek yoghurt. He Who Knows is picking on the lottie, we're getting serious amounts of things now and the freezers are looking full again.

Have a good day everyone, stay as cool as you can, Lyn xxx.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Morning all,

aww Tru and Jacksmummy. So sorry to hear of the loss of your hens. So sad. :(

Went shopping yesterday for our Grandsons birthday present and managed to find something to wear for his party.
    th_103020397733_zps9109ca03.jpg

Actually in real life its a much deeper jade green. I love it. I will be wearing this under this.
    th_110010201660_zps422348dd.jpg

If I was with hubby I'd probably not have bothered with the green top but its a bit see through and you can see my bra through it.

Not sure if I will be wearing my black jeggings yet or my leggings. We will see. Not sure if i'll be wearing heels or flats either. I'll just have to see.

Not sure what I'm doing this afternoon. Hubby and 'Youngest' are going out but I don't want to go so I'm having the afternoon to myself. I'm really missing my own space.

Onwards and forwards,

have a great day all.
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 25 July 2014 at 12:09PM
    Hi all :)

Went to Drs for a steroid injection into my scar, it hurt like billy-o! The scar is one of 4 from when I had my gallbladder out, the others are fine but this one made a keloid and gets itchy so I'll be glad if it settles down. Dr also went through my scan. It's a complex cyst rather than a simple cyst, so I will have to go to the hospital and see what they want to do but they may want to operate :(

After mentioning DS1 feeling rough yesterday, his dermatologist rang and said his blood test can go down from two weekly to four weekly. He said "but I've finished the pills 4 days ago" and she was all flustered saying he wasn't meant to and should have got more! He went up to the hospital today and got more from the desk but when he told them he felt ill they just said don't start them until you're feeling better. Problem is we don't know if the ill feeling is because he stopped them abruptly! He's in the bath atm but I might run him to GP and have him checked over.

It is so hot, kudos to those doing housework. I started hoovering yesterday and couldn't continue, I was melting. I saw yesterday afternoon a drama about Martha Stewart and I don't know how accurate it was, but it made me think I wish I was more on top of the housework, decorating, cooking etc! Still that will have to wait for cooler weather :o

We had a bbq last night with potato skins and stuffed peppers - super yummy! Might do coronation chicken and salad tonight.

Sorry to hear about feathered friends loses, I kept chickens many years ago and they have such character. There's a free range heaven up there for all :A

Have a lovely day all, hugs and healing to those in need xx
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Butterfly_Brain Posts: 8,862 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Post of the Month
    Tru and Jacksmummysorry to hear of the loss of your hens :(

Too hot for housework or gardening again , I haven't done much apart from stripping all the beds and getting it all out on the line.

DH has taken DS to work with him and DD is at work so I have had the house to myself all morning :)

He is taking me down to Aldee when he gets home from work, because DD and I finished the four ciders he bought for me yesterday, so he says I should get at least 12 bottles to stock up on ;)

Healing vibes for Hilly, Molly, TTFM, LW and her OH, Marie, Penpin and all the other poorlies xxxxx

Aaaaaaaargh! There is a buzzy fly annoying me so I am off to splat it funny-fly-swatter-smiley-emoticon.gif

BFN x
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Pouring with rain here in London, just had to rescue the washing!
    How is it by all of you?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport