Need not Want.

Comments

• 365days
    365days Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    Yes agree with the milk, only seems to be 11p difference between 2 and 4 pints. (If you have a dog he can always have the 'dregs' if it startsto be past it's best before you use it up)

Firewyrm please stick around can see me learning a lot from you!
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Mara_uk7
    Mara_uk7 Posts: 1,219
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    My last set of curtains came from a charity shop, Only £2 and much better quality than Id normally have bought. So many charity shops around nowadays, go for a trawl, bet you find something you really like :) It feels like youre beating the system when you get a bargain like that :)
    Its just a bad day, Not a bad life .. :cool:
  • FireWyrm
    FireWyrm Posts: 6,557
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    365days wrote: »
    Yes agree with the milk, only seems to be 11p difference between 2 and 4 pints. (If you have a dog he can always have the 'dregs' if it startsto be past it's best before you use it up)

Firewyrm please stick around can see me learning a lot from you!

Milk which is 'past it's best' is just half way to yogurt or cottage cheese....Or bread pudding...yum.
    Debt Free! Long road, but we did it
    Meet my best friend : YNAB (you need a budget)
    My other best friend is a filofax.
    Do or do not, there is no try....Yoda.

[/COLOR]
  • Well done julie2710! I need to stick to a shopping list!

FireWym, those rosemary wedges sound lovely, will be giving them a try and instead of buying rosemary I think I'll get a cutting off my moms plant and grow my own :-)

I've got 2 birthdays in January which I need cards for, but I have loads of card making stuff so will make them, so I don't need to buy them!
  • julie2710
    julie2710 Posts: 1,381 Forumite
    Firewyrm, thanks for the suggestions! Only problem is I didn't actually get to the supermarket at all so on the plus side spent nothing. On the down side I now have to add Calpol as my youngest is off colour and bottle is nearly empty!

I took the boys to the pantomime today. Had been booked since March. Didn't want to go to the supermarket first thing and thought I'd go on the way home, that way could do Tesco which is cheaper than the one in my town. Loved the panto. Drove back explaining to the boys that they needed to help me just get what I have on my list. Drove into a virtually empty car park at 4:55pm thinking wow thought it would be busier when it suddenly dawned on me that they had been shut nearly an hour as it's Sunday! :o

I might look at off cuts from the butcher. Not sure how likely they are to be cheaper. I only have a small dog and he has a completely raw meat diet. The chicken wings cost me £2 for the week so much cheaper than dog food. Coffee I always buy cheaper as its mostly for visitors. I put it in a dearer jar. The chocolate is for the boys but I'm going to try a cheaper one.

Right time to crack on with the eBay stuff!
    MBNA [STRIKE]£2,029[/STRIKE] £1,145 Virgin [STRIKE]£8,712[/STRIKE] £7,957 Sainsbury [STRIKE]£6,870[/STRIKE] £5,575 M&S [STRIKE]£10,016[/STRIKE] £9,690 Barclaycard [STRIKE]£11,951[/STRIKE] £11,628 CTC [STRIKE]£7,629[/STRIKE] £6,789 Mortgage £[STRIKE]182,828[/STRIKE] £171,670
    LBM Dec12 excl mort 47,207/42,784 Dec13
    Excl mortg and CTC 39,578/35,995 Dec13
    Incl mortg 230,035/214,454 Dec13

Extra payment a week:this week £0 / YTD£1,457.55
  • 365days
    Have you tried f*cebook for selling. I'm lucky that I have really good selling groups near me. No fees, cash on the door, Great.

This time of year the days all kind of blur into one.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • FireWyrm
    Forumite
    julie2710 wrote: »
    On the down side I now have to add Calpol as my youngest is off colour and bottle is nearly empty!

Depending on how old the child is, crush a quarter to a half tablet of adult paracetamol into a teaspoon of honey. Does the same job. Calpol is just paracetamol in a sweet suspension and you pay a wad for the priviledge.

Calpol also is available in tablet form, and as a syrup in sachets and bottles. Calpol sachets are sold in several different strengths, each appropriate for a different age range:I][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed"]citation needed[/URL][/I
    • 0-5 Months (containing 0.5 mg of paracetamol per sachet)
    • 5-12 Months (containing 30 mg of paracetamol per sachet)
    • 1-2 Years (containing 50 mg of paracetamol per sachet)
    • 3-5 Years (containing 70 mg of paracetamol per sachet)
    • 6+ Years (containing 150 mg of paracetamol per sachet)

[/COLOR]
  • julie2710
    julie2710 Posts: 1,381 Forumite
    I normally get the sugar free one. It's for my youngest who is 4! Wonder if he'd take paracetamol in something else? Might be worth a go?
    MBNA [STRIKE]£2,029[/STRIKE] £1,145 Virgin [STRIKE]£8,712[/STRIKE] £7,957 Sainsbury [STRIKE]£6,870[/STRIKE] £5,575 M&S [STRIKE]£10,016[/STRIKE] £9,690 Barclaycard [STRIKE]£11,951[/STRIKE] £11,628 CTC [STRIKE]£7,629[/STRIKE] £6,789 Mortgage £[STRIKE]182,828[/STRIKE] £171,670
    LBM Dec12 excl mort 47,207/42,784 Dec13
    Excl mortg and CTC 39,578/35,995 Dec13
    Incl mortg 230,035/214,454 Dec13

Extra payment a week:this week £0 / YTD£1,457.55
  • FireWyrm
    Forumite
    MrsM1982 wrote: »
    Well done julie2710! I need to stick to a shopping list!

FireWym, those rosemary wedges sound lovely, will be giving them a try and instead of buying rosemary I think I'll get a cutting off my moms plant and grow my own :-)

I've got 2 birthdays in January which I need cards for, but I have loads of card making stuff so will make them, so I don't need to buy them!

Rosemary seems to grow very well in pots in this country. A neighbour of mine has a whole front garden of the stuff.

You can use any strong flavour such as Sage or Oregano to achieve the same effect.

[/COLOR]
  • 365days
    Own brand 'calpol' is loads cheaper but loving the crushed up in honey idea. Spent a fortune on the stuff over christmas.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure