Do lenders ask for all current accounts bank statements? (matched betting)

My partner has become a permanent employee so we can now search for a house and apply for a mortgage. My question is whether lenders will want to see bank statements for every account we have? Basically, my partner was using one of his current accounts for matched betting so wondering if we can avoid providing statements for this as it is not his main account!

We both have Santander 123 current account for income and bills and an attached savings account. My partner then has an everyday current account with same bank (matched betting one). He has a credit card paid in full every month. We both also have a Help to buy ISA and I have just switched a TSB current account to First direct. We'd be happy to provide statements for all but the matched betting one as we never had any overdraft or missed payments. Thanks for any insight!

Comments

• kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,740 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Some lenders don't want bank statements at all.

Consult an independent broker who can look at things in the best way for you.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • PDF
    PDF Posts: 179 Forumite
    Nationwide didn't with us, I have several accounts with several banks, I only gave them statements for the account that our wages were paid into. Our household bills account is separate and my wife and I have separate accounts to do with what we want. It wasn't a problem.
  • sultanabran
    sultanabran Posts: 172 Forumite
    As long as you go with a lender other than Santander as they will have access to all your accounts with them.
  • tom9980
    tom9980 Posts: 1,990 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've helped Parliament
    As long as you go with a lender other than Santander as they will have access to all your accounts with them.

Not always true, my match betting account is with natwest and so is my mortgage. Natwest when we bought at least didn't ask for statements at all, just proof of deposit which was in santander accounts.

This is why the right advice is to speak to a broker and give them full disclosure of the facts.
    When using the housing forum please use the sticky threads for valuable information.
  • Verix
    Verix Posts: 241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Some lenders will as for sight of all current accounts but most won't. As above, if it is a concern speak with a broker.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • sultanabran
    sultanabran Posts: 172 Forumite
    tom9980 wrote: »
    Not always true, my match betting account is with natwest and so is my mortgage. Natwest when we bought at least didn't ask for statements at all, just proof of deposit which was in santander accounts.

This is why the right advice is to speak to a broker and give them full disclosure of the facts.

They wouldn't need to ask for statements as they could just "help themselves" ;) But as per above, ask your broker.
  • David_White
    David_White Posts: 892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Very much lender specific as some won't require statements whereas others may request statements for all accounts.

Make sure you get the right advice before proceeding with an application.
    I am a Mortgage Broker
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it.
    This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Baa289
    Baa289 Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Thank you all! Very encouraging :) Have my first viewings this weekend and a decision in principle from L&C. I will consult with broker about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure