Fun & Games - PIP

Comments

• CTcelt1988
    CTcelt1988 Posts: 257 Forumite
    edited 12 March 2017 at 1:07AM
    Actually Rockingbilly, it should depend on whether you need the money or not.

If you don't, why go go through with a demeaning assessment just so you can give your money away to
    your grandchildren when you don't need it yourself?

There's people out there who genuinely need pip but are being refused. It !!!!es me of when people like you clearly don't need it.

You contradict yourself in your post by saying less people should get it, yet you yourself won't use the money for your own benefit if you got PIP.

Do you not realise that if people didn't need the money, it would instead go to people who genuinely need it?
  • Muttleythefrog
    Muttleythefrog Posts: 19,743 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 12 March 2017 at 2:13AM
    Likewise with PIP, I claimed because I was invited. If the government eventually agree that I am disabled then I am happy. The financial aspect really has no bearing on what I made the claim for. It is a point of principle, not a point of trying to get more money.
    But to say that I am not, against all of the medical opinion that I sent them is, to me, a downright injustice.
    PIP doesn't measure if you are as such disabled... but disabled in certain respects as you know... within the terms of the activities and their descriptors..blah blah. You understand this. I do feel you are hypocritical in a sense... on the same board you complain that people who have been found to be entitled to PIP based on various descriptors should not be in particular circumstances of psychological distress. Then you argue you should get PIP despite failing to convince anyone thus far. You are also hypocritical in complaining that the disability budget is excessive while freely admitting you don't need such money but are happy to take it and give it away to presumably non disabled people. I'm sorry but I've lost any sympathies. You exhibit a keen grasp of the processes of these claims yet when things go wrong for you it is almost as if you were a different character. Hence my expression of confusion in determining your self capabilities in initial posting to you. I think when it comes to stating fact you could not be called Frank... I suspect you studied your PIP2 form in a manner closer to the hints given than the claims made and if so then the advice alters. It's important to be factually accurate in order to get more sound advice.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    ... You are also hypocritical in complaining that the disability budget is excessive while freely admitting you don't need such money but are happy to take it and give it away to presumably non disabled people. I'm sorry but I've lost any sympathies.

Perhaps they are getting what they want?:)
    .... If people had their own way the amount of money that is being paid out to DLA/PIP recipients or even benefits in general would only go one way - skywards!
    And the likes of me and thousands of others would see their tax bills rise year on year.
    Even at 67, I probably pay more tax in a year than most workers on the NMW pay! I do not want to pay any more to support an ever increasing Welfare budget....

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=72191453&postcount=72
  • NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    In terms of the Blue Badge rockngbilly could you not get the award (if you can) and then decline the actual payments. Would not the award letter itself be adequate for the Blue Badge application. I doubt they would check (or be interested in to be honest) if you were getting the money

That would be a nice gesture by you - and save the public purse a few pennies - which you have professed support for

Otherwise I am with Muttley
  • tomtom256
    tomtom256 Posts: 2,216 Forumite
    CTcelt1988 wrote: »
    Actually Rockingbilly, it should depend on whether you need the money or not.

If you don't, why go go through with a demeaning assessment just so you can give your money away to
    your grandchildren when you don't need it yourself?

There's people out there who genuinely need pip but are being refused. It !!!!es me of when people like you clearly don't need it.

You contradict yourself in your post by saying less people should get it, yet you yourself won't use the money for your own benefit if you got PIP.

Do you not realise that if people didn't need the money, it would instead go to people who genuinely need it?

Probably for the extras it opens for you.

Blue badge, extra premiums if on HB, Tax Credits, etc.

Even if he did not claim it, it still would not go to where it's needed, but that's politics.

Cross post with above, however they do check of you are in receipt of PIP/DLA via CIS and the only way to decline payments is to cancel the award, thus nulling the entitlement to an automatic blue badge.
  • NeilCr
    edited 12 March 2017 at 11:19AM
    tomtom256 wrote: »

Cross post with above, however they do check of you are in receipt of PIP/DLA via CIS and the only way to decline payments is to cancel the award, thus nulling the entitlement to an automatic blue badge.

Aah okay. Fair enough. It was just a thought. I didn't know the ins and outs. Or he could continue to get the award for the blue badge and give the money to charity

As an alternative, perhaps Rockingbilly could try applying for a blue badge without indicating that he is receiving the qualifying benefit (mind you sounds like he is going to have to do that anyway!) to see if he would get it. Given what he has said he would be a shoe in

As for the extra premiums he has indicated he doesn't financially need the basic award so he certainly wouldn't need them!
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,916 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    NeilCr wrote: »
    Aah okay. Fair enough. It was just a thought. I didn't know the ins and outs. Or he could continue to get the award for the blue badge and give the money to charity

As an alternative, perhaps Rockingbilly could try applying for a blue badge without indicating that he is receiving the qualifying benefit (mind you sounds like he is going to have to do that anyway!) to see if he would get it. Given what he has said he would be a shoe in

As for the extra premiums he has indicated he doesn't financially need the basic award so he certainly wouldn't need them!
    To get a BB without automatically qualifying would totally depend on their local council. An assessment would most probably be needed as they have got a lot tougher with just "giving" them to people over the last couple of years.
  • NeilCr
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    To get a BB without automatically qualifying would totally depend on their local council. An assessment would most probably be needed as they have got a lot tougher with just "giving" them to people over the last couple of years.

I know

But Rockingbilly is pretty sure that he would get Enhanced Mobility so I'd have thought he would have a good chance!
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,916 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    NeilCr wrote: »
    I know

But Rockingbilly is pretty sure that he would get Enhanced Mobility so I'd have thought he would have a good chance!
    Really? I could have sworn i read at some point he didn't think he'd qualify for any PIP award.
  • Muttleythefrog
    Muttleythefrog Posts: 19,743 Forumite
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    Really? I could have sworn i read at some point he didn't think he'd qualify for any PIP award.
    He will have been on his medication at that point.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure