IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

VCS - Court

Options
I'm after some advice.
Today we received court papers regarding a parking ticket from VCS. Or the court letter where you can accept the claim finally or write down your defence.
However, the ticket in question handed out was for an entirely different vehicle and VRN, no relation to ours.
Gone down the replying and telling them this at every stage. Requested photos, which are just close ups of the inside of the car and don't show any parking notices.
Main point of appeal being the ticket we have in hand isn't even for our car.
Any help would be appreciated as they appear to be taking this all the way to court. I really enjoyed the previous email they sent saying our life would be ruined by a CCJ ;)

Thanks in advance and apologies if I've posted this in the wrong place etc.

Comments

• Dave_TH
    Options
    if you enter the registration plate in here
    https://www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/
    what car does it refer to, you may have to guess the make but try the popular ones first
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    HC77 wrote: »
    I'm after some advice.
    Today we received court papers regarding a parking ticket from VCS. Or the court letter where you can accept the claim finally or write down your defence.
    However, the ticket in question handed out was for an entirely different vehicle and VRN, no relation to ours.
    Gone down the replying and telling them this at every stage. Requested photos, which are just close ups of the inside of the car and don't show any parking notices.
    Main point of appeal being the ticket we have in hand isn't even for our car.
    Any help would be appreciated as they appear to be taking this all the way to court. I really enjoyed the previous email they sent saying our life would be ruined by a CCJ ;)

Thanks in advance and apologies if I've posted this in the wrong place etc.

I wonder how they have your address and name if the VRN is nothing to do with you.

Which solicitor .. BWLEGAL by chance
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Well, your defence in court should be short and sweet. Do not protest too much, let them dig themselves deeper into the hole they have created, and do not forget to claim for your wasted time due to their unreasonable behaviour.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 24 September 2016 at 8:50PM
    Options
    Sounds like the ticketer put someone else's PCN on your windscreen and yours on the other vehicle. That doesn't make your own void as such (I'm not saying it was OK). But a Judge will still likely want to debate the issue of the charge.

So, read other BW Legal court defence threads like Xanthanan's one and dozens of others. Acknowledge the Service online as per the advice on other threads you will read.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Marktheshark
    Options
    Did they send a follow up notice to keeper with the correct details on.
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
  • HC77
    HC77 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, BW Legal.
    Their employee handed out tickets and handed out the wrong one to the wrong person.
  • HC77
    Options
    The ticket gives all the details for the car, it's just not for the right car. Therefore no ticket in hand for our car.
  • HC77
    Options
    Ticket wasn't put on the windscreen at all. It was handed out in person by VCS employee.
    Appealsd every stage stating we have a void ticket not relating to correct vehicle.
    Now they're going down the route of threats of court and CCJ. It's been sent for court proceedings now.
  • yotmon
    yotmon Posts: 484 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ticket wasn't put on the windscreen at all. It was handed out in person by VCS employee.
    Appealsd every stage stating we have a void ticket not relating to correct vehicle.
    Now they're going down the route of threats of court and CCJ. It's been sent for court proceedings now.

At least this prevents them from claiming that the tickets were tampered with. Also, they will have no photographic evidence showing the ticket attached to the vehicle.

So, if it can be proved that a 'notice to driver' was not issued at the time, am I right in saying that a 'notice to keeper' should have been sent within 14 days. What date is on your Notice to keeper ?
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

So if the VSC guy was giving tickets personally to people as apposed to attaching to windscreen of the correct vehicle, someone else was given your ticket with your reg number so they will be having the same problem as you.
    That is if your car ever got a ticket or was due one

Contact the DVLA about this enclosing the ticket.
    Tell them this is not your VRN or vehicle and request they confirm to you in writing you were never the registered keeper.
    Ask them to investigate as a matter of urgency what VCS are doing.

Then advise BWLegal that you are not the keeper of this VRN and that you have requested the DVLA confirm this. Once you have this confirmation you will resume correspondence with them.
    Failure to comply and cease their threats will result in complaint to the SRA.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure