just made bankrupt

raleigh75
raleigh75 Posts: 6 Forumite
edited 16 October 2017 at 11:28AM in Bankruptcy & living with it
Applied to go bankrupt Friday and its been approved today!! Just waiting to speak to OR, my only bank account has £30 in it, I believe they will freeze it but shall I open a new account for people who have gone bankrupt or wait to see if I can keep this one. My husband wage goes into mine to pay bill etc, any advise would be appreciated

Comments

• it will likely take a while for it to be frozen but sensible to open a new basic account and get everything transferred over
    Barclays are excellent in my experience
  • raleigh75 wrote: »
    Applied to go bankrupt Friday and its been approved today!! Just waiting to speak to OR, my only bank account has £30 in it, I believe they will freeze it but shall I open a new account for people who have gone bankrupt or wait to see if I can keep this one. My husband wage goes into mine to pay bill etc, any advise would be appreciated

hang in there!
  • TheGardener
    TheGardener Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    If the account you have supports access to an overdraft, it is likely the bank will close it. If you are now BR, I would open a new account now but make sure you ask for a 'basic' one
  • I had an account with Barclays which got closed after they were notified. I just opened a basic account with bank of Scotland
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure