PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Comments

• Luckyred
    Luckyred Posts: 298 Forumite
    I got a letter at 8 weeks from Lloyds informing me that it would take up to another 8 weeks. I got a decision after 11 weeks.
  • Luckyred wrote: »
    I got a letter at 8 weeks from Lloyds informing me that it would take up to another 8 weeks. I got a decision after 11 weeks.

Thanks, i had a phone call on 26th July asking why i think i was mis-sold ppi so hopefully hear something soon
  • Hi, thanks to Amersall and many other supportive comments I pursued my ppi claim with Welcome Finance.

However, I am approaching (3 days to go) the initial 8 week period. Welcome have cashed my cheque for £1 five weeks ago and I have not yet received anything.

Now Im panicking again, what now? Thanks in advance for all your wonderful support and help on here.
    Love, through the trees, past the sky, beyond the northern lights; and I won't let go. May your soul and spirt fly sweetheart x

My alphabet-girls are with me every step of the way x
  • daj2390
    daj2390 Posts: 125 Forumite
    edited 21 August 2012 at 6:06PM
    do the banks wait until the last possible date before sending you a yay or nay, or does it come sooner? What is your experience?

We had a letter from Lloyds asking for an additional 8 weeks but only took an extra 3 weeks so 11 in total, but barclaycard, egg and mbna all replied within the 8 week limit!
  • daj2390
    daj2390 Posts: 125 Forumite
    Hi All

Been waiting for what seems like eternity for answers to my ppi complaints.

NRAM Review Team - Complaint been in since 19th May (14 WEEKS)

Northern Rock - 22nd June (9 WEEKS)

Lloyds Tsb - 19th June (9 WEEKS)

Has everyone else been waiting this long with these banks and if so how long was it until you got an answer

Many Thanks
    We had a reply from Lloyds at 11 weeks if thats any help :)
  • tich2
    tich2 Posts: 186 Forumite
    Hi all,
    I am looking for a bit of advice if possible. I have had a letter through from Barclaycard with reference to my Egg Credit Card. They have sent me the usual FOS questionnaire and also a covering letter.

In the letter they have stated they would be grateful if I could send them the information listed below to help resolve my complaint.

1. Clarification of my account number
    2. Confirmation of my current address
    3. Proof of my signature
    4. Proof of my date of birth
    5. Please complete and sign the attached FOS Questionnaire.

Obviously all of these details are in the FOS Questionnaire or do they want me to provide extra documents.
    My Egg Credit Card number that I have is in the questionnaire as is my current address.
    By proof of signature I am not sure what they want or by my date of birth.
    Has anyone done this and know what to do.
    Thanks
  • craigp001
    craigp001 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Can anyone please help me???

I sent a letter to Frasercard and got a reply back from Santander Cards to say they would look into it and get back to me. I had a reply last night from them saying that they wont pay out my PPI Claim although they acnowledge I did take out the policy in store on 10th Nov 1996.

They have said the no is a final response and to check out the Finance and Leasing Association website. I have taken a look and this association says it cannot make no decision on complaints so it looks like they cannot sway a decsion that has already been made.

Where do I go from here do I have to let it go and walk away or is there anything that I can do to force the issue to get a positive outcome. Im assuming the ombudsman cannot get involved in this case.

Can anyone give any advice here as the PPI payments were made from 1996 to 2004 so there is a fair amount of money sitting here.

Thanks to anyone that can offer any advice

Craig
  • cappo
    cappo Posts: 2,121 Forumite
    amersall wrote: »
    :j:j Hi stevie baby xxxxxxxxxxx doing good, how's you? :D:D

Alright lovely.;);););););););):):):):):):):):):):)
  • tich2
    tich2 Posts: 186 Forumite
    anyone answer my question above please
  • Hi guys,
    I have recently ended the moratorium period of my DRO and i have discovered some paperwork relevant to some mis-sold ppi that i had about 8 years ago. I want to try to claim back the ppi but the company that i had the loan of was in my DRO, but it was a different loan to the one i wish to claim PPI back from. My question is, if i claim back the ppi, can the company claim it back to pay off the debt in the DRO, or will the money come strtaight to me? Any information would be welcome, thank you
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback