Freebie Successes by Letter / Email - What have you recieved? (merged)

Comments

• flyp wrote: »
    Ok thank you, i planning to get some staionery for unversity.
    what exactly do you say in emails? - ask for samples, explain your situation or what?
    i'm planning to start a course soon, so i might give this a go too
  • Indigomoon wrote: »
    what exactly do you say in emails? - ask for samples, explain your situation or what?
    i'm planning to start a course soon, so i might give this a go too

Trial and error? Just try a way and see what happens. The main ways are either:

ask for freebies/samples
    positive feedback
    complaint
    Thought for the day: each generation of mankind tends to hug the illusion of having reached the culmination of human achievement. Yet, as we scoff at our groping ancestors, so our descendants will surely scoff at us.

-C.F Harriss - Worthing at War - August 17 1941
  • Haha I complained about the same thing (although it wasn't true) and also got the voucher and an apology :D

Its people that make false complaints like this that ruin it for those that genuinely do encounter problems, as they are then not believed, when it could be a serious manufacturing issue that needs sorting.
    A good friend can tell you what is the matter with you in a minute ...:A
  • Its people that make false complaints like this that ruin it for those that genuinely do encounter problems, as they are then not believed, when it could be a serious manufacturing issue that needs sorting.

Or its false complaints that keep companies manufacturing at the highest quality, making sure they don't slip ;)
    Thought for the day: each generation of mankind tends to hug the illusion of having reached the culmination of human achievement. Yet, as we scoff at our groping ancestors, so our descendants will surely scoff at us.

• manila
    manila Posts: 871 Forumite
    misskaty wrote: »
    I was wondering have any of you recieved samples from cosmetic or bath and body companies, please list which ones you have ?
    once i received a huge box of soaps from Lush.
    i said, i wanted to try before buying some for my sis wedding

well done, Lush!
  • manila wrote: »
    once i received a huge box of soaps from Lush.
    i said, i wanted to try before buying some for my sis wedding

well done, Lush!

I ask for free samples of Lush stuff for men (if they did any) and was told to go to my nearest store (far away) and ask for the mens section o buy stuff. Lousy CS.

• I really want to give my best friend some stuff for her eczema and sensitive skin because she gets worried about it hurting her. I have emailed Lush to see if they will send me any samples.
  • I hope I'm putting this in the right thread, but I spent 3 hours yesterday reading about all of the goodies you lot have blagged and it's spurred me on to send a few emails out today.

I have sent in a couple of genuine complaints recently because companies just don't seem to give a stuff about customers just lately and I've felt the need to vent my spleen, it's been pretty worthwhile though and I've had a couple of decent results.

£40 goodwill gesture from the Halifax as compo for them allowing a direct debit to be taken that both myself and my fella had cancelled, the fact that this money was taken was a nightmare because we don't have all that much 'spare cash' at the end of the month and even though the £137 was refunded a couple of days later it still made life a bit of a struggle.

Then last week I paid £8 for some lamb chops from Tesco, got them home and took them out of the packet to find the bottoms of them (where the meat had overlapped) was brown. Didn't bother my fella and he still ate them, but me being pregnant I didn't want to take the chance so emailed Tesco and they refunded my £8 on a card and also sent me some money off vouchers to buy some more meat.

Well worth firing off a couple of letters.
    September Make £10 a Day Challenge - £16.35/£300
  • woo my firt ever post :)

I read all your posts on sunday and thought id send a few emails, all compliements as havnt really got anything to complain about.

Today I received;

£2 tetleys voucher
    Voucher for free pizza
    2 samples of options hot choc

Very happy day! :j
  • madix
    madix Posts: 123 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi everyone, my first post! :)
    Have spent ages reading all your posts on here, so impressed by what you've got! Just goes to show that it's worth being honest about things.
    I've just tried my first one, I've emailed a cosmetics company with a compliment about their nail varnish range so fingers crossed!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure