Waterproof Jacket - refund or repair, are the shop messing me about.

2»

Comments

• 3 weeks and still no update from supplier.

How long is a reasonable period of time.
  • happyc84 wrote: »
    3 weeks and still no update from supplier.

How long is a reasonable period of time.
    Has the coat been returned to the retailer for them to forward on to Barbour? and if so, how long ago did this happen?
  • happyc84
    happyc84 Posts: 324 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Has the coat been returned to the retailer for them to forward on to Barbour? and if so, how long ago did this happen?

was returned to retailer, then they sent it on to Barbour. been 3 weeks now. retailer has not exactly been honest with long the process takes. Either they don't know or not interested.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    happyc84 wrote: »
    was returned to retailer, then they sent it on to Barbour. been 3 weeks now. retailer has not exactly been honest with long the process takes. Either they don't know or not interested.

They possibly have no idea how long it takes, its dependant how many they have to look at, how many staff do the inspections.

Have you asked them to find out how long it could be ?
  • happyc84
    happyc84 Posts: 324 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    got refund, all good.
  • Our local chandlery - Fox's Chandlery used to stock Barbour until about a year ago when they decided to stop selling them as they focused on marine clothing rather than country. Didn't know that until last week when I walked in to buy a new Barbour jacket. As they didn't have any I decided to look around. Found that the Musto jackets are very cozy and waterproof even if they are more for sailing. I ended up buying one which is perfect for walking my dog on rainy days. Not sure if I will look for a Barbour jacket anymore now that I have this one but time will tell.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure