The Mystery Dining Company

Comments

• I joined last summer and have just been told I've been recommended for Silver. It seems to be based on the number of dines and the quality of the reports you submit. Read the brief carefully and take note of any feedback and comments you get. The girls who man the phones are great; really helpful and will give advice if asked. Check available dines frequently, they go very quickly for some venues and often appear on a Sunday evening, so you need to ring first thing on Monday morning. Above all; enjoy the free food.
  • Aurelia_2
    Aurelia_2 Posts: 117 Forumite
    This sounds like a good idea - they're not taking on anyone in my area right now but I'll keep checking back. Are they the only site to offer something like this does anyone know?
    £2 Savers Club no.91 = ?? (unknown until full and counted)
    Review writing = £3.60 + $25.00
    Myhpf = £4.45
    STP = £1.82 v10.04
  • wickyt
    wickyt Posts: 53 Forumite
    Since I last posted on this thread I was accepted and have managed to get my first dine set-up for this week which I'm really pleased about! Going to be interesting trying to remember all of the stuff attached in the brief however hoping it'll prove to be a great way of eating out and providing valuable feedback at the same time!
  • fatpoo
    fatpoo Posts: 24 Forumite
    Is it safe to give them your bank details? I know you that they pay via bacs but i am wary.
  • After my previous post, I did a mystery dine and it was fine, but there's been nothing since. I understand that there are a lot of diners in my area so that's probably why, but I want more!
    Blagged: free samples of handwash from Molton Brown; booklet of walks from Brecon Carreg;
    Free Diabetes monitor, free bee-friendly seeds, a MINI coin and a splash-proof book from Radox.:T
  • wayne1983
    wayne1983 Posts: 1,511 Forumite
    Can you not be paid by cheque?. Id love to do this, sounds good.:beer:
    2016 Money challenge - £290
  • It won't accept me. The first stage of the application process asks for your area and it says mine (THE NORTH) is saturated with mystery diners. At least you know this before you fill in all the following forms.
  • Hello, I need mystery diners or Silent Customers for my company all over the Southeast including Northampton and Essex. Go to The Silent Customer website to register. I do get why the Mystery Dining company can't reply to everyone who is unsuccessfull though...allthough it must be frustrating not knowing why.

Do you cover Suffolk?
  • Doucam
    Doucam Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    Mystery Dining company seems to be taking on in different areas again. I have just applied.
  • I've thought about applying for this, of course no guarantee would get accepted, but I wondered if you get all your bill back or only a proportion of it. Silent Customers appears to only give back a percentage but I wondered if it was the same for Mystery Diners? Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure