IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ASDA parking fines

Comments

• Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    The TCP software is worst than Parking Spy at combining multiple visits spread throughout the day into one visit, taking the first entry and last exit as "proof" you have overspent your welcome
  • stephenliverpool1
    stephenliverpool1 Posts: 1,312 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    edited 6 October 2011 at 10:00PM
    Yep....TCP and ASDA are joke outfits. One of my friends got a parking invoice after parking at ASDA a few months ago. I advised him/her to ignore all correspondence from TCP and not to contact them. He/She received the 4th and last letter from TCP (in the form of Whyte & Co Debt collectors) a few days ago. You would have thought that their begging letters would have stopped after the their 2nd letter as all subsequent letters are stating the same pointless threat......namely you have 5 days to pay before we [STRIKE]take sorry I mean [/STRIKE]may take you to to court.

It is good for a laugh. :rotfl:

Trouble is (for the PPCs), I have a few days ago advised one of my golf buddies to ignore and not contact TCP after he/she got a ticket for parking in his/her ASDA car park. More wasted money will soon be happening for TCP contacting the DVLA and sending their stupid threatagrams. Lol :rotfl::rotfl:.
  • Thank you for all the comments on this one. I would just like to report some good news!! I received a letter from Town & Country Parking this morning advising that they had cancelled all my parking notices!!! It goes to show that sometimes they do make an exception. I now feel like going back to them and asking for a refund of the 6 letters I have had to send by recorded delivery!!
  • EHBA
    EHBA Posts: 88 Forumite
    rileyboy wrote: »
    I now feel like going back to them and asking for a refund of the 6 letters I have had to send by recorded delivery!!

Don't write to them, e-mail your local MP and Trading Standards
  • AuntyJean
    AuntyJean Posts: 585 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My daughter and I meet up once a week to do our grocery shopping, our only time together in a busy schedule. This week we were a bit more leisurely than usual. Daughter got back to the car first and I was just leaving when I had her text, "in car reading my parking ticket". I didn't even unpack my trolley, just got the ticket from her and after waiting 15 mins in the Customer Services queue was told by the kind lady that it is nothing to do with them and even some staff had had tickets.

I then said I wanted a full refund of the £74 I had just spent (my daughter had just spent £120 in there). She called the manager and I calmly explained the same to him saying I wanted a full refund and that we would be shopping in Sains from now on. He took the ticket from me and assured me it would be cancelled and to ring him if she received any letters. He also took my name and mobile number.

If stores wish to use outside companies then perhaps it would be better to charge up front and provide a full refund on production of a receipt from the store for £5 shop or over. As it is I can see them losing trade. Our Asda has a McDonalds in (or similar) so having breakfast and a shop after could cost you an additional £60! I do hope they change their minds on this. BTW Sains has a similar set-up and staff have to display special markers on their mirrors to avoid fines.
    There is always light within the dark
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    AuntyJean wrote: »
    My daughter and I meet up once a week to do our grocery shopping, our only time together in a busy schedule. This week we were a bit more leisurely than usual. Daughter got back to the car first and I was just leaving when I had her text, "in car reading my parking ticket". I didn't even unpack my trolley, just got the ticket from her and after waiting 15 mins in the Customer Services queue was told by the kind lady that it is nothing to do with them and even some staff had had tickets.

I then said I wanted a full refund of the £74 I had just spent (my daughter had just spent £120 in there). She called the manager and I calmly explained the same to him saying I wanted a full refund and that we would be shopping in Sains from now on. He took the ticket from me and assured me it would be cancelled and to ring him if she received any letters. He also took my name and mobile number.

If stores wish to use outside companies then perhaps it would be better to charge up front and provide a full refund on production of a receipt from the store for £5 shop or over. As it is I can see them losing trade. Our Asda has a McDonalds in (or similar) so having breakfast and a shop after could cost you an additional £60! I do hope they change their minds on this. BTW Sains has a similar set-up and staff have to display special markers on their mirrors to avoid fines.

Well done for standing up to them, good tactic asking for a refund.;)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary

Very well done you! Complaining in the stores is the way forward and your threat to return all the items for a refund was the perfect thing to say!

:T
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • BarryW
    BarryW Posts: 68 Forumite

If stores wish to use outside companies then perhaps it would be better to charge up front and provide a full refund on production of a receipt from the store for £5 shop or over..

ASDA in Dunstable do just that in their town centre store. £1 to park for 2hrs. You get your money back if you spend £5.

Well done on demanding a refund. Good tactic.
  • Hadeon
    Hadeon Posts: 367 Forumite
    Excellent strategy AuntyJean.

Perhaps next time several fully laden trolleys (preferably with an abundance of frozen foods) abandoned at the checkouts would help in ramming the point home.

"Sorry Mr Manager, can't stop and pay for this lot, must dash, our parking time limit is about to expire. We don't want to get a ticket like we did last time".
  • AuntyJean
    AuntyJean Posts: 585 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    :)

Manager from my Asda store (Bedminster) rang me yesterday to confirm the fine had been quashed and he had 'had a word' with them to be a bit more lenient.

Fair play to him for coming back to me which is rare these days.
    There is always light within the dark
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport