Paid off the £31,000! BUT - still scrimping!

Comments

• That was one expenive toffee!!! You won't be eating that again in a hurry! xx
    Starting debt £18,675.63 :eek:
    Current debt: £5,000 (16/05/18)
  • Forgot to mention only spent £7.85 on drinks at the Regatta yesterday plus £2 in the Sea Scouts and Macmillan charity tins.

Then there was today....

Basically:
    • Dentist bill that cost as much as a holiday.
    • I lost my Fitbit!

I went to the dentist this morning for my check up. Last year the inlay on one my molars came away when I chewed on a toffee. The dentist cemented it back but said that it may have to be replaced eventually. Well eventually finally came today - £990! :eek::eek::eek: oh and that's with my 10% discount. And no it's going to be made of platinum either. So the emergency fund will be finally raided and then I'll have to replace it so kitchen will be pushed back.

And to top it all when I got up to get off the train this evening I realised My Fitbit wasn't on my wrist! I know it was there lunchtime but I can't remember it since. It wasn't on the train so I'm hoping it fell off near my desk and perhaps the cleaners have found it.

Pee'd off from Seasideville signing off. :(

(But my friend's family ok in Florida - Irma seemed to swerve slightly just before it got to them so though no electricity and a bit of a disaster tree and fencing wise, all ok including the animals. So could have been a lot worse and puts my moaning into perspective).

Its a pain isn't it i remember biting into a mentos sweet then chewing and hearing a crack, 220 quid for a crown later. gerrrrrrr
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • That was one expenive toffee!!! You won't be eating that again in a hurry! xx

I haven't eaten proper toffee (the teeth cementing kind) since the inlay originally came out! Was ticked off by the dentist at the time as well!

Well the Fitbit has well and truly disappeared into the wide blue yonder - so annoying. :mad: It was a Christmas present too and its not even worth claiming on my insurance as my excess is £250 and hasn't been used up!:(

Anyway I went to the gym last night - got blown away and thoroughly wet on the walk home by what felt like a mini-Irma! Had a nice hot shower when I got in and then watched Bake-Off whilst eating my dinner. I have to eat something when I watch Bake-Off so just as well it was the dinner!

I visited the podiatrist this morning about my dodgy foot! Briefly the plantar fasciitis in my left foot appears to have been set off by my right foot! I sprained this very badly some years ago and the sprain has put my right foot out of some sort of alignment so I have been compensating this with my left foot (keep up!). He was very thorough, but now I have to have a MRI and X-rays on both feet! I also have to cut down the cardio even more at the gym for the time being to rest the foot.:(

I've booked tickets for the Christmas Show in November that I always attend. Got 20% off via booking online with a code they sent me.

Positive! - surveys on the PA website are at £8.45 now in just over a week since I started! I'll wait till I've got the total up to £20 and then wing it across.:)

SSG x
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,102
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Boo to the Fitbit loss and dentist bill :( I find the straps on Fitbits are very flimsy and easily come undone. I've got a Fitbit Charge and bought a strap with a watch fastening for it which is more secure.

Also boo to foot :( I dread to think what damage my broken ankle has done in the long run.

At least there are a couple of positives :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £227.29/£600 March NSD:9 March Surveys £
  • Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Boo to the Fitbit loss and dentist bill :( I find the straps on Fitbits are very flimsy and easily come undone. I've got a Fitbit Charge and bought a strap with a watch fastening for it which is more secure.

Yes SA I think I will do that next time - you'd think they would supply a decent strap along with the Fitbit!

Last night I had my nails done after work. Received an email today from the holiday company with details of meeting up at the airport. Getting close now - only two weeks!:j I think I'll sort out what I am taking at the weekend. I won't need any beach type wear, but will need to buy a decent sun hat. Also could do with a couple of pairs of jeans/light trousers for the daytime. I've got £50 currently in the "Clothes" budget so will probably need to top up when I get paid on 25th.

Gym tonight, but need to go easy on the foot.

SSG x
    🌟
  • Thats a pain re the fit bit i use use a Tom Tom watch they are a good cardio watch if you like running/cycling etc
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • Thats a pain re the fit bit i use use a Tom Tom watch they are a good cardio watch if you like running/cycling etc

I'll have to look into the Tom Tom watch Scott. I really used the Fitbit for counting my steps though I won't be doing much cardio till the consultant looks at my foot again. Ive got an appointment for the MRI and X-rays on Monday morning so hopefully it won't be too long before I see him. Went to the gym tonight and did weights - re legs just did hamstring curls and deadlifts so didn't put much pressure on the foot.

I'm now up to £16.15 on the PA surveys!:j

I had an email from Santander to warn me that the year is nearly up on my special interest rate of 3% in my E-Saver account and it will be dropping down to something abysmal! So I've looked around and I can't find an easy access account that pays any better than the 1.5% I'm getting on my 123 current account. I can't really be bothered to open another high interest paying current account which only allows you to deposit a smallish amount so I think I will just move the funds in the Saver across to the 123. I don't really want a fixed deposit even though the interest is better as I look upon my emergency fund as insurance and I want to be able to access it easily, and as Dave Ramsey explained it - you expect to pay for insurance! (i.e. a lower interest rate).

Anyway the weekend is finally here - yippee!:j
    🌟
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,102
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Interest rates are rubbish for savers at the moment unfortunately.

Good luck with the foot appointment, hope it gets sorted quickly xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £227.29/£600 March NSD:9 March Surveys £
  • Hi SSG popped round for a wee visit ;)
    Brought some virtual cake...
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Boo to losing the FitBit. OH has a Charge and yes the strap is more secure. I am using the Nationwide account at the moment for savings, but think the good. Rate is only on £2.5k so may not be much use. Most of my 'spare' cash goes into a S&S ISA tbh. Prepared to weather the stock market as returns are likely over time to be decent.

Have a great weekend. Getting colder here. Planning to curl up in front of TV this eve :D
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback