Specsavers - do they have a complaint department and head office?

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 14 April 2012 at 11:31PM
    riley1988 wrote: »
    Hi

I know this thread is from last year and a few of the links no longer feed through to the main site. I would like to get an actual contact email/number for Specsavers HQ if anyone has one??

I tried calling my local store to complain and was told I would be called back - 4 times the same day. The last time I recognised the optician's voice and he lied to me over the phone that he was out!

So I need to contact someone higher, it's outrageous.
    Well post #2 gives a link which shows...
    Specsavers Customer Service
    T: 0808 172 00 72
    E: [EMAIL="customerservice@specsavers.co.uk"]customerservice@specsavers.co.uk[/EMAIL]
    If that is not suitable, then maybe you could write a real letter to the address given in that same post.

Post #37 mentions facebook.
    Some companies respond well to public complaints.
  • I had to endure some apallingly bad service at my local Specsavers (Edgware, Broadwalk). The trouble is getting someone to complain to. The Specsavers website asks us to complain at the store. However, the level of service provided at the store does not exactly inspire one with confidence. The alternative it to write to an off shore address at Guernsey. And that does not look very promising either. Is there any other address that I can send my complaint to? Is there a nonbiased third party I could involve?
  • I am an unhappy Specsavers Customer.
    On my last Prescription the insensitive and ageist Optician issued TWO pairs of different lense glasses instead of all-in-one's one could plonk on to do the job. (practice is in Clacton on sea essex).
    Not only is this inconvenient but above all it is insulting of me and an old ladies prescription.
    I have no wish to return to Specsavers for future prescriptions.
    #TY[/B] Would be Qaulity MSE Challenge Queen.
    Reading whatever books I want to the rescue!:money::beer[/B
    WannabeBarrister, WannabeWife, Wannabe Campaign Girl Wannabe MSE Girl #wannnabeALLmyFamilygirl
    #notbackyetIamfightingfortherighttobeMSEandFREE
  • Specsavers = Tax Evasion = Guernsey?
    Who is milking the Customers with his or her inflated CEO Salary?
    #TY[/B] Would be Qaulity MSE Challenge Queen.
    Reading whatever books I want to the rescue!:money::beer[/B
    WannabeBarrister, WannabeWife, Wannabe Campaign Girl Wannabe MSE Girl #wannnabeALLmyFamilygirl
    #notbackyetIamfightingfortherighttobeMSEandFREE
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    nakedfakir wrote: »
    Is there a nonbiased third party I could involve?
    Her Majesty's Courts.
  • if you go to the 'news and information' section on the specsavers website, this gives a list of office addresses. the specsavers head office is the Guernsey address
  • Specsavers_company_representative
    Specsavers_company_representative Posts: 11 Organisation Representative
    Specsavers is very sorry that anyone is having difficulties with a store. Customers are refered back to the stores because all our stores are owned by the directors on site. They are responsible for running them day-to-day. We have become aware that our customers want to give feed-back to the support office about their experiences so we will be piloting a new process at the end of May.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Specsavers. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • I have recently been to a specsavers store as I do every time I need a perscription check etc, and was told I needed new glasses which I opted for the buy one get one free, I was told they would be ready the following week, but alas they were not right so could I please return the following week, this has happened six times now and I still only have one half decent pair I keep being told to come back this has been ongoing for 5/6 weeks now at a cost of £4 trasport each time, I was given a very small good will gesture off my bill but this does not cover transport and loss of earnings, and still the percription is wrong,I have spoke to the manager but I am now so upset and exhausted with the whole thing,I have been to specsavers for nearly 10 years Will not go again, I just want my glasses.

Hi Sublime2, my name is Rachel and I work at Specsavers. We’re sorry that you’re unhappy with the service. I'm going to send you a private message and will look into this for you.
  • cottage1
    cottage1 Posts: 18 Forumite
    Specsavers are a joke,so far three pairs of glasses,10 visits back to store £5+ a trip,different excuse everytime,going back Saturday to demand refund.worst glasses I have ever bought in 63years.Specsavers never again.:mad::mad::mad:
  • sublime2 wrote: »
    'Rachel', I am not stupid so will not be disclosing the details you have asked for. If you were a genuine representative, you would be giving me contacts details for the company, as opposed to trying to extract personal details from me.

For the interest and benefit of others who have responded to this post, I include below the message 'Rachel' sent me:

There is one way to check wether or not 'Rachel' is whom she say's she is and that use the phone number of Specsavers, given on this site, and get her full I.D. and give them her details to check that she is genuine and say's whom she is. check her out that way.

The other important point is they 'specsavers' should not require you D.O.B. and postcode to acess your account details with them! Basically your name should sufice and they check with the local store concerned your details. However, there is a thing known as the Data protection Act and they cannot divulge your personal details to anyone without your express permisssion. So the store will check her I.D. out before divulging any of your personal details to her...then they will still need your permission to do so...

I would take this 'Rachel' as a scam and never divulge your personal details to anyone on-line unless you know them personally and that they are from the company they say they are....But myself....never, give details to anyone over the internet!:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure