Mummytogirls - 100 years to be debtfree - I think not!

Comments

• Mummy that is brilliant news about the job :j:beer::T

Being in a job that ou don't enjoy is pants. Happiness is definitely more important than a slightly higher salary :D I would have a good £100.00 per month extra if I didn't have 2 dogs, insurance, dog food etc. but my dogs are my happiness and I would prefer to be poorer than without them (well the one I couldn't give away because no one would have her but hey ho :rotfl:)
    Just keep swimming!
  • girlatplay
    girlatplay Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Fab news about the job mummy :)

Have a lovely holiday xx
    Mortgage at 12/07/2022 = £175,000
    Mortgage today = £166,457.86
    300 282 payments to go.
    House buyout fund £3,261.67/£40,000
    Random Pick Fridays = £80.01
  • OrangeFairy
    OrangeFairy Posts: 2,630 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I am so bl00dy pleased for you :j:j:j:j:j:j

Well done - such fantastic news!

Being in a job you hate is tough. I experienced bullying at work last April and had got my new job last August which I love sooo much!!

My ideal scenario with search for a job for hubby is one with lots of holiday or to get one in a school so he can have holidays off!! x
    Orange Fairy
    House Purchased April 19 :) CC1=? CC2=? DH CC= Mortgage Overpay = £0 Savings = £0 Xmas savings = £0 Weightloss = 0 lb

• LivvyLoo_2
    LivvyLoo_2 Posts: 739 Forumite
    Hi Mummy :hello:

So sorry I haven't been in touch for yonks, basically I have been on holiday, moved house, lost my old job and got a promotion all since the end of May.

So pleased you have a new job :D, its fab news. Im glad I dropped by today now.

WAHOOOO. Onwards and upwards for us both :beer:

xxx
    LBM March 2011 - [STRIKE]Joint Debt £46k[/STRIKE]
    Current Personal Debt £0 :j
    Groceries £152.51/230,Pot Balance £1564.02
    Christmas Savings £200, £2 savings £24
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Heelllooooo!!!!

Im back! Had an absolutely fantastic time, spent too much money and now have 3 weeks left before I leave!

Cant really do a post now but just wanted to let you all know im back! Thanks for all your lovely messages, will reply soon xx
    Mummytogirls x

• :j Woo hoo mummy is back:j

Glad you had a fantastic time, looking forward to an update of what you have been up to.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Morning All!

Im in the office alone today, so popping in for a quick catch up!

Sooo had a mental week before we went away, felt like we were never going to get sorted to go away but we did thankfully! The M6 motorway heading South is the actual worst motorway ive been on in my life! Took us nearly 5 hours to get to do a 2.5 hour journey on the way there, would defintely travel in the night if we went again.
    It didnt start off well, the accommodation was absolutely hideous and was utterly disgusting. We didnt stay there and ended up paying to stay at a beautiful caravan over the road. Can definitely recommend if anyone is going to Devon anytime soon!!! Was going to write a complaint for the first place but when I took the keys back there were 3 others complaining and asking for refunds, so I did the same and got a full refund within about 30 seconds of being in the managers office! Easiest refund ever!!!
    After that we had the most fab week ever, the weather was nice (a bit rainy at times but still warm). Weve actually come back like weve been abroad for a week!

Back at work now and I leave on Friday 23rd... cant come round quick enough I can tell you! Loads to keep me busy with before I leave but will get there in the end.

So moneywise, I have made all my payments, but I need to update my % once ive worked it out. Was supposed to be making a big payment to one of my cards this month but s0ds law prevented this! DH got a screw in his bike tyre the Thursday before we went away and that just cost £60 to fix :eek:! I had a repair on my car tyre which cost £5 !!!!!! how they can charge £60 for a motorbike is beyond me! Then my exhaust is on its way out and whilst I was at the garage getting the costs, I asked him about another noise the car was making... oh thats only the bleeding water pump on its way out too!! So that will be getting done either this week or next... £230 thats all going to cost which isnt bad in the grand scheme of things!!

Will check in your diaries, but thank you all so much for your comments. I do appreciate them!

So this week, im working and then I have Friday off as were camping with friends for the weekend! Busiest few weeks ever!!!

Hope everyones ok x
    Mummytogirls x

• LivvyLoo_2
    LivvyLoo_2 Posts: 739 Forumite
    Hi Mummy,

Glad you had a lovely holiday, we went to Cornwall on hols in a caravan one year and it was just like being abroad.

Nothing like doing everything at once is there? I did that too, moved, holidayed and changed jobs...talk about out with the old ha ha.

I will be signing off the debt free diaries now as I don't have debt anymore (still seems a bit strange), however I will keep in touch and drop by to see how you're getting on.

Good luck in your new job.

xxxx
    LBM March 2011 - [STRIKE]Joint Debt £46k[/STRIKE]
    Current Personal Debt £0 :j
    Groceries £152.51/230,Pot Balance £1564.02
    Christmas Savings £200, £2 savings £24
  • Hi Mummy!

I've never been as far as Devon or Cornwall it's on my to do list....it just seems so very far from Essex with little ones in tow (one with horrendous car sickness lol)

YAY to the great holiday & the refund!! But boo to the car & motorbike! They are like money pits eh, just drain us of it constantly...i'm always leaking money to fix our car! xx
    MFW 2024 #17
    OP straight to mortgage - APRIL £307/ 206.88 (ytd £640) working towards owning 50%
    MOP savings account 1200 / 3000 to be paid later this year
    Mortgage balance 01/01/24 £99224.13 01/02 £98,833.7201/03 £98,928.18
    01/04 £97,646.20
    Baby EF done £1.5k.Working towards goal 2 £32.45/500
    Food Budget - JAN 484.44/500, FEB 488.59/500, MAR 439.33/500, APR 531.34/500
  • OrangeFairy
    OrangeFairy Posts: 2,630 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post

Where did you stay in Devon Mummy? Down in my neck of the woods :D

What a busy few weeks! I bet the kids are loving it!

OF x
    Orange Fairy
    House Purchased April 19 :) CC1=? CC2=? DH CC= Mortgage Overpay = £0 Savings = £0 Xmas savings = £0 Weightloss = 0 lb

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure