PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

£365 a year challenge

Options

Comments

• silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ma-ri-ella wrote: »
    massive spend at morries !! £6.75 however i got

20 tins beans
    16x400g tins beans
    16xsoup
    milkx1
    packet spaghetti x1
    rice pudding x1
    strawberry tarts and i am due another points voucher for £5..
    Will do a breakdown of cost per tin once the points offer is over.
    thinking 10x beans and 10xsoup will cost me 6.30 .1.30 after voucher (and £6 worth of loyalty points) so £5 towards next spend. So say 7p per tin of soup and 6p per tin of beans. Marvelous . I think the above might be even cheaper per tin

I don't mind stockpiling and being slightly over when there are deals like this cause i will use it all and its super cheap

Morrisons web site says Maximum 20 promotional items per customer.
    is that 20 items in total or 20 of each product?
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • ma-ri-ella
    Options
    Morrisons web site says Maximum 20 promotional items per customer.
    is that 20 items in total or 20 of each product?

seems to be 20 of each product - but the vouchers are capped a 100 each month so 1 shop a day would more than cover. I think it might take a few days for my local to get more in . going to try soups today with small beans as topup to 20
    £365 a year spend challenge - this has included food/clothes/beauty?? who knows where I am
    20,000 step a day challenge
  • ma-ri-ella
    Options
    morrisons offer has changed so not such a great deal. so altogether i bought 75 tins for £6.80. 9.06p per tin?. I have enough beans to last a long time lol.
    £365 a year spend challenge - this has included food/clothes/beauty?? who knows where I am
  • JennyP
    JennyP Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ma-ri-ella wrote: »
    morrisons offer has changed so not such a great deal. so altogether i bought 75 tins for £6.80. 9.06p per tin?. I have enough beans to last a long time lol.

I feel like I have missed something here! How on earth did you get all those tins for that amount? What is the Morrison's offer?
  • ma-ri-ella
    ma-ri-ella Posts: 980 Forumite
    Options
    JennyP wrote: »
    I feel like I have missed something here! How on earth did you get all those tins for that amount? What is the Morrison's offer?

it was very quick going offer - lasted a day but you were getting 300 morrison points when you bought certain products which are worth 30p

the eat smart beans are 25p - you got 300 points (worth 30P) capped at 20 items .i also had discount so paid £4.50 for £6 worth of points I also got other items such as soup at 45p (with 30p worth points back). so basically spent the 4.50 gt a £5 voucher which i used towards next shop and repeated a few times. spending just over the £5 - using a voucher and gaining more points. Paying quite little cash each time

Will need to do a stock inventory next and possibly research recipes with beans :rotfl:
  • JennyP
    Options
    OK, my next question, how did you know about the offer? I didn't and I shop there two or three times a week....at least!
  • ma-ri-ella
    Options
    JennyP wrote: »
    OK, my next question, how did you know about the offer? I didn't and I shop there two or three times a week....at least!

the shelf edges have green labels when something has bonus points . there is also a very helpful friendly thread on here called elite
  • JennyP
    Options
    Never knew that! Am now looking for the elite thread - on this Old Style forum?
  • ma-ri-ella
    Options
    spent £3.84 on kitchen scales - used up last of giftcard. i also got a loaf of bread for 6p- its been worth the walk for reduced items lol. need to do some target shops for cupboard items like tinned potatoes for example are cheapest lidl - plain flour is cheapest asda . i think the next day i have off i will plan what to buy where . em i think u can search for threads near top of page.

todays food
    toast -1p
    dinner was 5p mix plus 9p beans . Wasn't that hungry today tbh . add in some cups of tea and prob still under 25p! . This wasn't intentionally so cheap . I do have some pizzas in freezer when i get to them will be £1 alone so its good to be under some days
  • Bigjenny
    Bigjenny Posts: 601 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    edited 9 January 2018 at 8:36PM
    Options
    JennyP Elite thread on Shopping and Freebies Board , Quick Grabbit while you can, here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5740056
    "When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us" Alexander Graham Bell
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure