NICS Administrative Officer (AO) Recruitment Competition

Hello folks

I recently passed an interview for an AO competition in the Civil Service. This was actually from an AO recruitment competition that had originally came out in 2013 (I got a 51 week temporary contract from it originally) and although I didn't score high enough at the written test at that time, they did further interviews last month for people who didn't originally get through in 2013.

Has anyone else here passed the interview and if so have you received your merit number?

Comments

• I know someone who got notified recently that they had passed the interview. He said he wasn't given any merit number.
    Norn Iron Club Member 330 ;)
  • I just got my merit number from HR Connect. Anyone else get theirs yet?
  • I just got my merit number from HR Connect. Anyone else get theirs yet?

The guy I know asked for his merit number from HR Connect two weeks ago but has heard nothing. Can I ask how long it took for you to get yours?
    Norn Iron Club Member 330 ;)
  • I got mine about 5 minutes after phoning them.
  • I got my merit number. Handed in the documents for the pre employment checks now just waiting. What was your number on the list?
  • I'm number 85 on the list so hopefully it won't be too long
  • Does anyone have any idea this normally takes?
  • All depends on business needs and if some places need to fill a lot of staff quickly. I waited 5 months for my fixed term EO2 call up where I currently am, but i was much lower down the list, and roughly 18 people started on my first day. I would say with Christmas coming up you woul be hard pressed to hear anything until mid January
  • Yeah I thought that aswell hopefully we start to hear something or is more people find this thread and give updates
  • pepper33
    pepper33 Posts: 508 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    'the NICS are currently running an AO competition internally. I am a current civil servant, but thinking of taking early retirement, but owing to the fact that as a female I cannot get my state pension until I reach 66, a long way off. Also I heard that there will be another VES in 2018. Is it is worth going for the VES, and then coming back through an agency, as a higher grade to keep a roof over my head
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure