PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

September 2017 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Yeah why not i've this done so i'll put it up early :)

Zip
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,562
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Although in for roughly £333.00 (£4,000 for the year).Need to try and get this right down to £233.00 if not lower. I am starting a full time college course this month and there isn't much available in the way of funding. Other than a tiny bursary, travel costs and some of course fees covered; it will be a case of pulling the purse strings even tighter and selling anything not nailed down. I was struggling already on my meagre wage, so hope I don'tcause myself more stress. It's something i've wanted to.do for so long though, so I am not putting it off any longer. Will hop.over to student's board and see if they have any advice for.me.

Good Luck folks.
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • elf06
    elf06 Posts: 1,547
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hello again. Well and truly burst last months budget! This month DS is back to school (TOMORROW eeeek) and it is only a 4 week month. It will start on 25th and run for 4 weeks (until 22nd Sept). Please can I be put down for

£120 for Sept.

I was going to make it lower but I've just realised I'm off work for some of that time so may be away etc. I'm also going to bake a bit more when freezer space allows so that we always have snacky cake things on hand for DS. Will hopefully save a few pennies!
    Emma :dance:

Aug GC - £88.17/£130
    NSD - target 18 days, so far 5!!
  • This sounds perfect for us - please sign me up.

We're budgeting for £500 this month for groceries. I realise this is a MAHOOSIVE budget compared to some others I've seen, but this is our first month trying to live within any sort of a budget. I'd rather start off high and gradually reduce it, rather than crash and burn the first month.
    August Grocery Challenge £98.02/£100
    September Grocery Challenge £103.98/£500

Emergency Fund £81.59/£1000
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    £300 for me, from 25th August until 26th September. Cheers.
    February wins: Theatre tickets
  • I'm in! Our month goes from 2nd September to the 30th. So 5 weeks for me and my goal is 270 €. I might find some early Christmas presents so I put it a bit higher :rotfl::rotfl:
    books read 2020: 29 / 100
    Weight loss journey: 1,5 KG / 9 KG

english is not my first language, sorry for any misspellings :o
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'm still on august but put me down for £250 for September.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • Hello :-)

I've been so terrible at this but I'm determined to finish strong! I'll aim for

£400

please for 2A and 3 C for all meals, snacks and drinks. From 1st Sept until 30th please. I need to reduce our overall budget and this is the way forward!

Feeling very motivated!

Thanks to all that organise us ��
    Grocery challenge June £0/£500
    £1000 by December £0/£1000
  • Cheapskate
    Cheapskate Posts: 1,757
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Morning all, thanks zippy for continuing your marvellous work. :D

Please can I go down for £350 again for September? Not doing too well with August spends, but September is a new start for me. Our children will be home educated, so I will save on school dinners (would be £20.50 per week for 2!) as we'll just have whatever's in the house, or eat things that wouldn't travel well as packed lunches (e.g. beans on toast, hm soup, etc.).

Still got some meat and fish in the freezer, 10-12 main meals' worth at least, bread flour and yeast, frozen fruit (more to add when we go bramble picking...), so a reasonable chunk of meals accounted for. Need to empty freezers completely by end of September, to clean out and begin re-stocking for autumn/winter.

A xo
    Jan 2021 GC £11.70/£300
    2021 mission declutter& clean 53/2021
    Jan NSD 7/31
  • I'm in! Our month goes from 2nd September to the 30th. So 5 weeks for me and my goal is 270 €. I might find some early Christmas presents so I put it a bit higher :rotfl::rotfl:

I see you're budgeting in euros - where are you living at the moment? Somewhere exotic I hope?!?
    August Grocery Challenge £98.02/£100
    September Grocery Challenge £103.98/£500

Emergency Fund £81.59/£1000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills