Fed up with paying but not being able to see my children

Comments

• CakeCrusader
    CakeCrusader Posts: 1,118 Forumite
    Dasa wrote: »
    Going SE doesn't mean stopping paying, it means he will pay less as he can claim more and get his nett income down.

He hasn't said this though ;)
  • CakeCrusader
    jondav wrote: »
    Keep on saying that I have no idea why the OP doesn't see the children.....but neither do any of you!

If he is good enough to take money from, then he should be good enough to see the children.

If he is for whatever reason having to be kept away from the children, then don't take his money....why would you want to take anything from someone like that?
    Cake and eat it :)

Not necessarily. Some NRP's (women and men) are abusive/unfit so are kept away from their children for very good reasons. Contact is always for the benefit of the child, never the parent, and there's often very good reasons for no contact, and not every RP out there is the wicked witch, stopping their child from seeing the other parent for pathetic reasons. We know nothing about the OP or their circumstances, and even if we did, it would only be one side of the story. Not seeing a child doesn't mean that you're not obliged to pay child support though. If you don't want to pay child support, make sure you wear a condom, or just don't have sex.
  • Hey guys thanks for you response

I don't see my kids cos they live 100 miles away due to her moving away took her to court and she don't show then she moved found her took her to court and she kept changing solicitors whilst still paying the court bills Csa bills and my own living costs I have years of recipets I can show my kids when the time comes I can't afford to keep doing this and not getting any were

She had an affair he left her and now she is still wanting me to pay for her life style I don't even no if my kids even see this money as I have no contact what so ever I just think that there has got to be a law change were women can't do this I'm not a cash point

LET ME SEE MY KIDS AND I WILL HAPPILY SEND £900 aA MONTH ON THEM
  • BJV
    BJV Posts: 2,535 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    OP wish I had a magic wand. I dont. I equally dont know what it is like to have a marriage brake down. I am a lady and I agree that the law should be changed. It takes two to make a child and children will benefit if there are two around to help them as they grow.

No parents should be able to use children as tit for tat chess pieces or a walking talking bank balance. Gutted for you.
    Happiness, Health and Wealth in that order please!:A
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    elsien wrote: »
    I didn't. The phrase I used was they "and the resident parent." I know some resident parents are idiots. That doesn't mean the children should lose out - challenge it properly rather than just refuse to pay.

Where does it say he is refusing to pay?

£900 per month is a lot of money Going self-employed and earning the same income will only reduce the amount he pays.

Yes, he can go to court but it is expensive and the courts are reluctant to imprison, and that is the ultimate sanction, when a mother continually stops contact.

I know someone this happened to. He would go to collect his children and there would be no one in.

He only got to see them when she had a problem. She would always be asking for money over and above the monthly payments she received.

I feel very sorry for men sometimes.
  • Why should I have too pay MY hard earned money to some one knowing it is not be spent in the right way

Why am I not given the chance too the court should say

I have too spend £900 a month on my kids when I am with my kids not hand it over

I bet if they said that then she/most single parents would say keep the kids but yet they are only thinking of the kids pffffft please

One thing they want is money money money
    How this has been aloud to be the LAW is beyond me

I could work and take care of my kids along with most men/sorry single parents
  • NYM
    NYM Posts: 4,066 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    How many children ?
  • CakeCrusader
    60898m wrote: »
    Hey guys thanks for you response

I don't see my kids cos they live 100 miles away due to her moving away took her to court and she don't show then she moved found her took her to court and she kept changing solicitors whilst still paying the court bills Csa bills and my own living costs I have years of recipets I can show my kids when the time comes I can't afford to keep doing this and not getting any were

She had an affair he left her and now she is still wanting me to pay for her life style I don't even no if my kids even see this money as I have no contact what so ever I just think that there has got to be a law change were women can't do this I'm not a cash point

LET ME SEE MY KIDS AND I WILL HAPPILY SEND £900 aA MONTH ON THEM

I'm sorry, and this really sucks. I'd give anything for my son to have a relationship with his dad.

Keep in touch with them if you can, skype, letter, phone, anything. If she moved them away, I'm pretty sure that she should be the one who brings them to you for contact, but I'm guessing she wont do this. The court's are picking up their stance on parental alienation by the way, if this helps, so please do carry on with the courts.
  • OP - self employed people still have to pay child maintenance. its just that for some reason, people on this forum think that you don't. I've no idea what that is so but just to clarify, CHILD MAINTENANCE IS PAYABLE WHETHER YOU ARE EMPLOYED OR SELF EMPLOYED.
    Overactively underachieving for almost half a century
  • "Why should I have too pay MY hard earned money to some one knowing it is not be spent in the right way "

How do you know its not being spent in the right way if you don't see your children
    Overactively underachieving for almost half a century
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport