Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• ratechaser
    ratechaser Posts: 1,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    mstar wrote: »
    good job ratechaser!!! well done. I take it you was out of contract?

I didn't get a good offer but i will try again. As for £50 per month

Yes I was although had a rolling 1 month deal of 50% off the base price until next September. But it was the multi rooms that were the killer for me, 3 lots of £12/month. Q does away with that, a flat £12/month for however many mini boxes you take.

And I didn't even have to go through with the cancellation to get this.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Even if you cancel and go through with it, there is no guarantee that they will call you. (They didn't call me and only emailed before cut off.)

You need to check your My Sky account (left within 12 months) and the messages on the Sky box.

My good offer was via My Sky.

Line needs only two weeks notice, so cancel tv with a month's notice and discuss line/broadband, giving you time to think about the latter two.

I cancelled tv and could not get a good phone/ broadband deal (compared to present offers it was good ie free broadband), so went to PlusNet (timed to leave outside minimum term) who were cheaper and included free broadband.

TV went off just before phone etc, but was followed by a good offer, so we are back with just tv.
  • p9g57
    p9g57 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    My mother was paying £60 month for sky TV original package, broadband and anytime phone......

Activated the cancellation and got them down to £32 a month.

Sky were not receptive to haggling. Mother had not challenged her SKy price for 7 years!!
    I have bounced between Sky and Virgin and am currently paying £25 month for all the channels with Sky.
    I think if they sniff you are lazy or old they wont give you good discounts
  • bhlfc1
    bhlfc1 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Just cancelled via chat they offered me 40% of the tv package which came to £45pm including sports, HD but no movies, declined that offer.
    See what happens in the next week or two.
  • NewMoneySaver13
    Options
    I have just been and cancelled my Sky TV package. I have been paying £45pm for all the channels in HD except Sky Cinema. The advisor then told me that he add access to the same discount but this time for 18months.

I declined and proceeded with my cancellation. I logged into my Sky account minutes after to see 50% off any Sky+ TV Bundle for 12 months.

Has anyone managed to improve this offer and get a Sky Q box thrown in as well?

Also would anybody be able to tell me off the top of their heads the current cost for the Variety Bundle plus Box Sets and HD please?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 25 April 2017 at 5:17PM
    Options
    I have just been and cancelled my Sky TV package. I have been paying £45pm for all the channels in HD except Sky Cinema. The advisor then told me that he add access to the same discount but this time for 18months.

I declined and proceeded with my cancellation. I logged into my Sky account minutes after to see 50% off any Sky+ TV Bundle for 12 months.

Edit: btw if you're on one of the lower packages you can get the 60% on that and then upgrade from 'my account' to the Box Sets/HD retaining the 60% discount on the package.

Has anyone managed to improve this offer and get a Sky Q box thrown in as well?

Also would anybody be able to tell me off the top of their heads the current cost for the Variety Bundle plus Box Sets and HD please?
    It's either Original, Variety or Box Sets/HD, not Variety and Box Sets/HD. Current price for new customers is £38 per month with a Q box.

I'm on Box Sets/HD at £14.10 with the 60% discount on the old Sky+ HD stb so I think the full price for that is £35.25.

60% is very easy to get without letting it actually cancel but getting a Q box thrown in is very unlikely.

Edit: btw if you're on a lower package with the discount you can upgrade to Box Sets/HD and retain the discount.
  • RavingMad
    RavingMad Posts: 516 Forumite
    Options
    I rang Sky last week as my current offer was due to end and wanted to see what they'd offer. Best they could do was 40% so I told them to cancel my subscription. At the weekend, they rang and offered me 50% and £25 credit straight away, which I was happy to take.

I asked about Sky Q but they said that whilst they could give me two boxes for free, I'd only get 25% off my sub.
  • NewMoneySaver13
    Options
    I have since been back into contact with Sky via chat. With very little hassle I was offered 60% discount. I mentioned that close family friends had recently been offered 75% and up to £100 credit but he said he was unable to match that offer. He did however state that I am not tied into a 12 month contract.

I did also ask about Sky Q and he could offer a 1TB box for free with installation with 40% off on a 12 month contract. He then retracted that and said that the maximum discount available on Sky Q was actually 25% for 12 months.

In the end I was happy with the 60% offer as that was still 20% better than the 40% offer I was offered only the day before when I cancelled.
  • Keeping_Motivated
    Options
    Hi my current Sky deal has ended so I have just been offered my package which is
    Sky TV
    Cinema
    Box Sets
    Sports
    Sky Sports 5
    Sky+HD

for £37 per month for 18 months is this a fair deal compared to what others are being offered?

Thanks
    KM
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi my current Sky deal has ended so I have just been offered my package which is
    Sky TV
    Cinema
    Box Sets
    Sports
    Sky Sports 5
    Sky+HD

for £37 per month for 18 months is this a fair deal compared to what others are being offered?

Thanks
    KM
    I'd snatch their hands off myself.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family