Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!!

Comments

• sulphate
    sulphate Posts: 1,235 Forumite
    I've got a doctors appointment tomorrow - the first one - does anyone know if they'll do a blood test whilst I'm there?

Depends how involved GP surgeries get in pregnancies, they might just refer you to the midwife who most often organise your booking appointment and blood tests. I'm nearly 33 weeks and haven't seen my GP yet :)
  • Slowly fading, I called my gp practice when I got my BFP and was given a number to call for the midwife. Tho the process seems to depend on where you are in the country. I've found everyone to be really nice and informative - I think they can sense bewilderment!

I got my midwife documentation through today and it recommended me to get the flu jab, so called up and luckily they had a cancellation and I got it half an hour ago. Everything seems to be either whirlwind fast, or lulls of nothing! Off Christmas shopping now. My app says 5weeks completed, onto my 6th and I'm quite concerned about the distinct lack of any symptoms.....
  • Gelly123
    Gelly123 Posts: 387 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Slowly fading, I called my gp practice when I got my BFP and was given a number to call for the midwife. Tho the process seems to depend on where you are in the country. I've found everyone to be really nice and informative - I think they can sense bewilderment!

I got my midwife documentation through today and it recommended me to get the flu jab, so called up and luckily they had a cancellation and I got it half an hour ago. Everything seems to be either whirlwind fast, or lulls of nothing! Off Christmas shopping now. My app says 5weeks completed, onto my 6th and I'm quite concerned about the distinct lack of any symptoms.....

I think you've been super lucky so far Fresh Start, I haven't got any appts yet but hoping for a last minute apt at the EPU on NYE but GP will call me when she's got it booked. If NHS refuse, we'll just go private again as I'm not doing anything to jeopardise this pregnancy!

Lack of symptoms here too apart from rather sore b00bs :eek:
    Married Sept '09, Me - 38, OH - 40, TTC since Nov '12
    4 previous MC's, 6 babies lost so far :A
    The proudest mummy - July 2016 xxx
  • Slowly, as others has said it completely depends on your area, mine just get the receptionist to give you forms which they then send to the midwife team who then get in touch and book you in for your booking in appointment which is about 9 to 10 weeks here. It's at this appointment I had a blood test (well actually I didn't as the midwife was rubbish and as I hate needles I didn't want to get stressed! !
  • Sorry for the short post earlier, dinner was ready!!

Gelly- hope you get your appointment through and don't need to go private.

According to my dates im 13+1 totoday (although more likely to be about 12) and I've not been sick, I've had the odd moment of gagging (like today as we were on our way to tesco) but that's it, I have however had awful headaches.

Hope tomorrow goes quickly as I want it to be 4pm on Christmas eve!!
  • I “qualify” to join this thread, and I really hope everything goes well for us. My first pregnancy back in the summer failed at 7 weeks.

I just found out on Saturday that I am pregnant again, and my doctor has dated me at 4 weeks 4 days today.

I know it’s very early days and things can go wrong, so at the moment each day is a blessing. We’re trying not to get too excited, but it’s hard.

Assuming nothing awful happens between now and then, I am going to book myself for an internal scan when I am around 6 or 7 weeks (doctor said before 6 weeks will be far too early), and even then I know the worst won’t be over until the 12 week mark (although each day is a positive step).

This time round it’s much easier to eat healthily (I had been wondering over the last week why I had developed a sudden aversion to chocolate and anything sweet, well now I know!) and I’ve cut down my caffeine intake to only one cup a day. Other than taking my vitamins religiously and not over-exerting myself, I know there’s little else I can do. It’s only been a few days, and I can’t help but worry, which I know is not healthy for all involved.

Do you have any tips for someone like me, who is concerned and probably worrying a bit too much? It’s the helplessness of the situation that makes the wait worse. How do you spend your time to take your mind off things? Can you take your mind off of it?
    Got married September 2013!!!
  • New_Bride wrote: »
    I “qualify” to join this thread, and I really hope everything goes well for us. My first pregnancy back in the summer failed at 7 weeks.

I just found out on Saturday that I am pregnant again, and my doctor has dated me at 4 weeks 4 days today.

I know it’s very early days and things can go wrong, so at the moment each day is a blessing. We’re trying not to get too excited, but it’s hard.

Assuming nothing awful happens between now and then, I am going to book myself for an internal scan when I am around 6 or 7 weeks (doctor said before 6 weeks will be far too early), and even then I know the worst won’t be over until the 12 week mark (although each day is a positive step).

This time round it’s much easier to eat healthily (I had been wondering over the last week why I had developed a sudden aversion to chocolate and anything sweet, well now I know!) and I’ve cut down my caffeine intake to only one cup a day. Other than taking my vitamins religiously and not over-exerting myself, I know there’s little else I can do. It’s only been a few days, and I can’t help but worry, which I know is not healthy for all involved.

Do you have any tips for someone like me, who is concerned and probably worrying a bit too much? It’s the helplessness of the situation that makes the wait worse. How do you spend your time to take your mind off things? Can you take your mind off of it?

Welcome to the board. I'm afraid I have no tips, I got my bfp 8 weeks ago and have spent the whole time worrying. I did have an early scan, I waited until I was 9 weeks as I knew they would put me back at least a week, and I wanted it in the middle of getting my bfp and having my 12 week scan, and although it was amazing to see I still have been feeling really anxious. I think all you can do is try and do things to keep you busy.

Scan tomorrow, can't believe I have to get through about 6 hours at work first. I'm so scared.
  • Hi. Could someone please remove me from the list, I have tried but am on my phone and it's not working.

I am absolutely gutted, but it obviously wasn't meant to be this time. I hope I will be back here one day, but for now am going to concentrate on other things and give ttc a break for a bit.

Wishing you all the best of luck for your pregnancies. Xxx
  • Oh Thinkpink, I am truly sorry to read your post. No words can offer the comfort you need, just know you are in our thoughts. Please take care of yourself xxx
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    ThinkPink - I'm so sorry to read your post. Thinking of you at this time xx
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure