<<<out of cheese error>>>

Comments

• I'm mostly pretty good on the gadget front - having a very small kitchen helps massively on this as it means that any purchase has to be very carefully considered for value before forking out for it! I'd LOVE a decent mixer/processor but we simply don't have counter space for it so I compromise on a smaller more lightweight processor (bought for about £50 with a blender attachment too at the GFS show years ago!) which is light enough for me to get down from the larder shelf when needed!

We had beef this weekend too Redo - I bought a lump of topside in Al's, just over a kilo for £6.29 and it joined lots of lovely Super 6 veg to make a massive slow cooker pot of stew. 3 x double portions and a single portion so money's worth got there!

And with you on the books - "unwanted" is not a word that generally works is it! A bit like "leftover" and "wine"! :rotfl:
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • EH, I've never got that with wine either, and if ti was bad enough for me not to drink it then I don't want to cook with it either. i sometimes buy a bottle of vermouth and keep that for cooking.

We have been away for a few days (half term is early for us) and have had a good time walking in the rain. Under budget spends so frittered in a very good butchers. Good meat is the same price as a bad takeaway...
  • EH, I've never got that with wine either, and if ti was bad enough for me not to drink it then I don't want to cook with it either. i sometimes buy a bottle of vermouth and keep that for cooking.

We have been away for a few days (half term is early for us) and have had a good time walking in the rain. Under budget spends so frittered in a very good butchers. Good meat is the same price as a bad takeaway...

Port is also good as a substitute for red wine and it keeps forever. Love your comment about good meat. So true.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Thanks DIA

So today I finally stopped dithering and fretting about the remortgage and the surveyors visit and the mess, and thought simple, apply, book it and give myself a deadline. I work best that way :cool:

Went through all the tedium of the application, got to the valuation bit and it says we don't need a surveyors visit!
    :j:j:j
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,139 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Ooh... so you don't need to tidy?

That's good news (isn't it??)
  • Well done for biting the bullet with the remortgage, I bet that feels good now :)
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • EH Under budget spends so frittered in a very good butchers. Good meat is the same price as a bad takeaway...

I hear that!:)
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • My working days have been swapped round with being off last week, and I don't like change :o

Anyway, that meant no food shopping as I refuse to go at the weekend with OH who can't resist the lure of the middle aisle. Instead I called into a big stupidstore on the way home, and trailed round doing 'all lost in the supermarket, can no longer shop happily' but bought lots of fruit and veg. Hurrah for persimmon being back to reasonable prices.
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,139 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Hate supermarkets. Have been twice recently and spent far too much money for very little result. As I'm now stocked up on drinking water (I know, but the stuff out of the tap is vile, and the filtered stuff is OK for hot drinks and cooking but not drinking unadulterated) I hope not to have to go near the place again for a very, very long time...

Work is busy, and I've lost my voice. This is a bit of a problem given that my job is based on talking...
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Absolutely agree about the good meat thing - and if anyone was wavering about taking up one of those offers from the weekly email with the people who used to be called "Market Porter" and are now "Heartier" I can confirm that from the gammon we sampled of theirs the other day, their stuff is superb. Will be trying the bacon tomorrow so will pass a verdict on that, too. :cool:

Greenbee hope your voice has re-emerged! most of 4 days in the hospital airconditioning has left me with one of those irritating little dry fussy coughs which is annoying me massively at the moment! (And it was a good job it didn't appear to any great degree while I was there or I bet it would have put them into a proper spin!) :rotfl:
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills