PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

KonMari 2017 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Options

Comments

• PollyWollyDoodle
    Options
    Ooh I wish I was your best friend! I dream of having a Radley bag.
    Life is mainly froth and bubble: two things stand like stone. Kindness in another’s trouble, courage in your own.
  • minnie2
    minnie2 Posts: 513 Forumite
    Options
    Ooh I wish I was your best friend! I dream of having a Radley bag.

I have 4 more that are going.........ill send you one
    Frugal living challenge - need to revisit its been.a while !! Need to reduce our debts!!
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    I have kondo'ed 3 large jars of marmalade to work colleagues. I make lots every year but we don't really eat a lot of jam these days so it's been hanging round since January.

The remaining jars will now fit in the cupboard, which means I can either flatten the storage cube they are in, or use it for a better purpose :)
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • wort
    wort Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm one of seven, and my Nan kept silver threepenny bits , for when each of us girls turned 21 ,she had them made into bracelets, the older girls had 21 "bits" attached like a charm bracelet, so each had a little hole drilled in it. When it came time for my sister and I , (being the youngest ) she decided that putting the hole in devalued it so mine has 7 "bits" held in place by little circles so you can see the front and back . I don't know if this was the real reason as I suspect, she may have run out of" bits" by the time it got to us:rotfl:

But I love it , it's a reminder of her and the thought that she put in , even though she didn't have a lot of money spare , I don't know what the 2 boys got !!!
    Focus on contribution instead of the impressiveness of consumption to see the true beauty in people.
  • wort
    wort Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I think I might go through my jewellery, with my 2 daughters. Just so they know what pieces belonged to my mum, grandad and hubby etc. So they realise the significance of them. Maybe they can decide which items they want left to them when I die. Then there won't be any argument! !
    Not that I own anything of great value. Most is just sentimental, but as jewellery doesn't take up much room, it's something I feel happy to hold on to.
    Focus on contribution instead of the impressiveness of consumption to see the true beauty in people.
  • Sayschezza
    Sayschezza Posts: 744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 11 October 2017 at 8:23PM
    Options
    The W0rks has little gauze bags for £1 a pack of 5/6 which I use to keep jewellery in. It stops necklaces from getting tangled.
    All that clutter used to be money
  • PollyWollyDoodle
    Options
    minnie2 wrote: »
    I have 4 more that are going.........ill send you one

That message has brightened my day!

Thanks - I'm going to accept the thought but decline the offer as really I have too many bags and can't justify another coming in. I think they'll bring happiness to whoever receives them, so not only are you lightening your household, you're spreading joy elsewhere - much better than having them stuck in a cupboard. Thank you so much for such a generous offer.
    Life is mainly froth and bubble: two things stand like stone. Kindness in another’s trouble, courage in your own.
  • minnie2
    minnie2 Posts: 513 Forumite
    Options
    That message has brightened my day!

Thanks - I'm going to accept the thought but decline the offer as really I have too many bags and can't justify another coming in. I think they'll bring happiness to whoever receives them, so not only are you lightening your household, you're spreading joy elsewhere - much better than having them stuck in a cupboard. Thank you so much for such a generous offer.

I have other radley items i am giving away too if you change your mind :-) note pads new, umberella, purses errr id have to look in the give away box to check what else. Think there is a pencil case.
    Frugal living challenge - need to revisit its been.a while !! Need to reduce our debts!!
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Kittie - I had a very cheap and cheerful vibration plate for a few years and loved it - this had a 10 minute setting on and within a few days of using I felt a huge difference in my leg and tummy muscle tone. I got it after a knee problem and needed to do some exercises to help strengthen the muscles, it was fab. It moved out with DDs as they both use it daily too and I will probably invest in another at some point. Some days I don't get to leave the house with DH being disabled so that was one way of keeping things toned without the hassle of trying to fit in my daily walk.

Had a morning of sorting and rearranging the living room into "winter" mode. All cosy now and a cat bed (given to us) that not one of the fur balls will use is washed and drying and ready to move on somewhere else. A rug we've had in front of the hearth has gone too, I've got a smaller more colour appropriate one there now instead (brought for £1 in a sale and kept in the cupboard until the ideal place showed itself.

Several other items have left after a flurry of sales on the bay of E, clothes that didn't bring me joy in the slightest and a few household bits that have made a nice little bit of cash towards a Day trip to the continent to visit a few festive things.
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    minnie2 wrote: »
    I have other radley items i am giving away too if you change your mind :-) note pads new, umberella, purses errr id have to look in the give away box to check what else. Think there is a pencil case.

Minnie - I'd possibly happily take some off your hands (depending upon design) and either pay or donate to a charity of your choice? Am particularly interested if you have anything purple-y..... My mum, DD and I all love Radley :)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport