Successful Catalogue PPI reclaim over £10k!

Just received a cheque from Shop Direct (Very) for £10,542.89 for PPI reclaim!
All done through the Resolver Tool so no money to pay to 3rd party.
Initially made the claim in March 2017, took them till end of May to uphold the claim, finally received the redress calculation and cheque today! Well worth the wait (and plenty of phone calls!).
Thank-you MSE!:j

Comments

• PLYSU
    PLYSU Posts: 176 Forumite
    OMG! I so sooooooooooo happy for you. WELL DONE.
  • Wow that's amazing!! Slightly smaller scale but I got a letter today saying I'm getting £2470.80 from Shop Direct (Very), also using Resolver. Well chuffed with that, especially just before Christmas!!!

:j
    SPCNo.17 #20 (16 £678; 15 £1120.92; 14 £416.53; 13 £191.52; 12 £260.48; 11 £480.95; 10 £682.31; 9 £442.64)
  • Wow thats positive news! Well done.
    I put a claim in for shop direct about 6 weeks ago using resolver, not heard anything yet, but you guys give me hope lol :T:j
  • MrsShazbat
    MrsShazbat Posts: 768
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    On the back of my previous post above, today I've received a very patronising email from Very saying they're going to issue paper statements to help me manage my account (which is still active and I still use) and that I now owed £575 or so by 19 January including £525 arrears. When I logged in to check I hadn't missed a payment (which I hadn't and which wouldn't have cost hundreds even if I had), I also noticed they'd slashed my credit limit by more than half. On the one hand, not a bad thing but I think it's a case of sour grapes because I've won a claim against them. Will be speaking to them later as I've had no correspondence between paying them in December and this email today!
    SPCNo.17 #20 (16 £678; 15 £1120.92; 14 £416.53; 13 £191.52; 12 £260.48; 11 £480.95; 10 £682.31; 9 £442.64)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    MrsShazbat wrote: »

I also noticed they'd slashed my credit limit by more than half. On the one hand, not a bad thing but I think it's a case of sour grapes because I've won a claim against them.

That's not the reason.
  • wow ! How did you end up with 10k on PPI... how much did you spend with them ? lol
  • Hi

Well done on the success of your claim

I was just wondering how I would know if I have PPI with Very?

I have an active account with them and owe them money
    I opened the account in probably 2006?
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,423
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Look at your statements for protection cover or somesuch
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Hello! I logged and enquire with shop direct and it’s come back confirming I have PPI with one of the accounts. I did the check via resolve. So I need to do anything else?

Thank you
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    mjohun wrote: »
    Hello! I logged and enquire with shop direct and it’s come back confirming I have PPI with one of the accounts. I did the check via resolve. So I need to do anything else?
    No, you can sit back and relax simply knowing you once had PPI! ;)

In all seriousness, you now have to make a valid and compelling mis-selling complaint if you want a PPI refund.

You don't get it back simply because you had it!:eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport