PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Two)

Comments

• PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Farway wrote: »
    Here you go, copyright is PN's

There are no measurements, it is by guess & by God
    Blimey, you found a better rendering of it than I did. Losing my touch!

:)

For measurements: Start with identically sized amounts.... I usually start with a heaped teaspoon, or a heaped tablespoon, depending what I'm making it for.

Teaspoon's enough for starting a slice of Welsh rarebit .... tablespoon for mac cheese.
  • PasturesNew
    .... tin of cheapo spaghetti to them, which I know will be another disappointment

I found a splash of balsamic vinegar made these better/easily. My first bottle of balsamic, my first foray into "buying strange foreign posh stuff", 4ldi, 59p/bottle. Handy for cheapo spaghetti I find.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,217 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Blimey, you found a better rendering of it than I did. Losing my touch! :)

No, I wrote it out in Word some time back, now just copied & pasted ;)

Getting a bit peckish, I am now going to try out the PN nuke a jam sponge in a jug pud

I will report back later
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • PasturesNew
    edited 7 October 2017 at 3:15PM
    No, I wrote it out in Word some time back, now just copied & pasted ;)

Getting a bit peckish, I am now going to try out the PN nuke a jam sponge in a jug pud

I will report back later

I've a whole secret blog of it all ... but I'm ashamed of the mostly cr4ppy photos (very very poor dim lighting in the kitchen means in winter they can hardly be seen; in summer very very limited space ... and no "lifestyle/soft focus" shots). That's why I don't declare its location :)

One of the problems is that, CFO, I often just eat with a big spoon from the dish things are cooked in - which tend to be old microwave plastics - which don't make for great photos either.... and with 0 attention to presentation as "it's just for me".

My cooking experience/style and retro eating habits aren't for most people.... so it's best to stay quiet and just let random googlers discover the bit they were looking for.

But if what I do works for some of you, I might one day declare where it is.
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker

But if what I do works for some of you, I might one day declare where it is.
    Works for me :). I just fancied something different and made your marmalade nuked pudding, and wow was that good. I had it with custard and it is delicious, and so quick and easy. I was looking at the rest and thinking that I should probably save it for tomorrow, but I think it will probably get eaten at some point this evening, as a snack while watching tv :D.
  • poppystar
    poppystar Posts: 1,296 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I found a splash of balsamic vinegar made these better/easily. My first bottle of balsamic, my first foray into "buying strange foreign posh stuff", 4ldi, 59p/bottle. Handy for cheapo spaghetti I find.

Balsamic vinegar PN It'll be chai seeds next!;)
  • PasturesNew
    edited 7 October 2017 at 4:38PM
    I've a feeling .... some of you might soon be ready for my "instant DIY Goblin puddings" recipe :)

We'll wait a bit, it's not "proper winter" yet.

http://www.simpsonsfoods.co.uk/more_info.asp?current_id=95
  • poppystar wrote: »
    Balsamic vinegar PN It'll be chai seeds next!;)

Ooh I am so going to tease her if it is:rotfl::rotfl::)
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've a feeling .... some of you might soon be ready for my "instant DIY Goblin puddings" recipe :)

We'll wait a bit, it's not "proper winter" yet.

http://www.simpsonsfoods.co.uk/more_info.asp?current_id=95
    Oh yes, I had forgotten about them. I used to love them many moons ago. They used to be in tins. They're something else that I tried again a few years back, and I felt the same way about them as I do the Fray Bentos pies!.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    https://www.booths.co.uk/what-is-a-butter-pie/
    That's me sorted for Xmas :rotfl::rotfl:
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing