Asda Complaint

Comments

• ASDA online exclusive insurance. Shambolic, and verging on dishonest!
    I wish I had read the online reviews first. they score just 1.2 out of 5, in www.reviewcentre.com with 64 reviews stating the same, shambolic and dishonest. Firstly, it seems ASDA has just licensed its name to Southern Rock insurance Ltd, Based in GIBRALTER!! They are not covered by the FSA for starters, and as an offshore insurer, you will not have the same rights should you not get paid or they go insolvent. Which judging by their carry on, and the customer feeback, it wont be long.
    Briefly, I got a quote from a price comparison site, Asda were not the cheapest by any means, but due to still being owed money by an off shore insurance co from moons ago, I wanted a name i could trust. I paid £1144.56 in full for cover on our car, and no sooner was it accepted, and the policy issued, a discrepancy was apparently found with the date inputted online for my wifes seat belt fine. They claim, the conviction date was a few weeks later than we had declared. There was no reason on our part for this error, and as it was only a matter of weeks, I assumed they would simply re adjust it. after all we had declared the £60 fine and 3 points. But ASDA requested a further £310.53! they offered no breakdown of this amount, or any evidence that we had actualy stated this date. The terms and conditions simply state ` disclosure of any convictions in the last 5 years` which we complied with. After a flurry of emails and calls, and
    as the insurance would have now totalled £1454.87, we obtained a like for like quote for £687 (sheilas wheels) and cancelled, which was within the 14 day cooling of period.
    We were advised of a £75 charge, and would also have deducted the time on cover £19.21.
    After several letters/emails and telephone calls, we finally had our funds charged back to the card after 56 days. (the terms state no longer than 21) only the amount was for £734.80.
    £409.54, for 7 days cover?, and whilst in the cooling off period.
    Am I alone?..NO. Is this another inputting error?....well no, apparently its all in the small print. But their own terms and conditions do not state any figures. But here are the charges ASDA later applies. mandatory £75 admin fee, a £242.96 non disclosure fee, and they can`t add up the days on cover, taking almost three times the amount due. Its all very in their favour, and doesnt seem to be doing much for ASDA P.R.
    Its all very RyanAir, and seems like stealth tactics to up the premium. Very clever!!
    But if you just want hassle free genuine insurance, then ASDA is not the place to go. Imagine what they would be like in the event of a claim?
    My family spend £196 p/week on shopping & fuel, over £10k a year, plus Xmas. Not much in the Grand scheme of things, but thats £650k plus if the other disgruntled reviewers on Reviewcentre follow suit and go elsewhere as we have.:mad:
  • Hi all,

Asda home shopping is a disgrace!!:mad::mad:

I placed an order with Asda home delivery for Wed 1st Dec. I thought there would be problems because of the snow but thought they must be managing because they hadn't contacted me. A hour past my delivery slot I contacted their customer service (30 min on hold) and was told my delivery was on its way they would find out where the driver was. Another hour and I get a call from the driver who states that she hadn't even set off (customer services lied to me) and would try her best to get to me. 2Hours later another phone call from driver saying she was stuck in snow and wouldn't be able to get to me so would book the order in again for Thurs 3rd Dec. Checked my online account and noticed they had cancelled the order and hadn't rebooked it. Contacted customer service again (1 hour on hold) and was told the only deliveries now available was Sunday 5th Dec. They booked it in.

I then checked my bank account this morning to find that I don't have any money in my account to pay for the groceries. Asda still had my £100 on hold for the order they cancelled. Contacted customer services again and was told it could take up to 10 days to be cleared back to my account. I told them this was unacceptable as that money was all I had for groceries. They told me I shouldn't have cancelled the order.
    Explained it was them that cancelled the order because of the weather and asked them what they was going to do about my delivery as my money wouldn't be available by Sun 5th Dec. I was then told that the money should be available by then (contradicting because they had already told me it would take up to 10 days) I was then told that if the money couldn't be accessed by them my order for %th Dec would also be cancelled. I am really stuck as what to do I have a young family to feed no money or groceries to do it with.
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • Placed order of £98.42 to be delivered on 3rd of Dec. They reserved the money as usual.
    Received the order and on 5th the money came out of £85.52 (because some items were not available)
    I checked my bank again on sunday before i went out xmas shopping and saw that i was overdrawn.
    I contaced my bank they advised me 2 payment requests were put through, one for £98.42 when i made the order and then another for £85.52 - usual procedure is put through one amount and then alter on day of delivery.

I called the customer services dept and got a terrible young girl who passed blame to my bank. saying they got it wrong. after much debate i agreed to call my bank and the bank advised me it was definately 2 payment REQUESTS. but there was a chance to get this fixed. by getting asda to send 1 fax advising them that that this payment was not needed.
    I took down the detail and my boyfriend called becuase i was getting upset and the WOMAN HUNG UP ON HIM when he told her that it was not acceptable that we had to wait 10 days for a payment to return because of their fault.

I called again and positive i got the same girl and again she refused point blank to help in any way! i asked her for her manager but she wanted to help. i asked her to arrange a fax to send, she told us they can not do this, i asked for someone else to help, she advised me no one else can help. after 10-15minutes i gave up before i began to use profanities because she refused to take any responsibility that their company were to blame.

i have been with mybank for 20 years and never had a problem. i think i know who i can trust in this one.

i have had numerous problems with asda in the past - mostly delviery problems (yes this delivery was infact 2 hours late too and had no contact regardign this, i had to phone to find out) and my previous delivery was 24 hours late!!!!!!

Im actually really shocked a company can be that bad!!!

can you advise if the customer services address at the start of the thread is the same, i am sending a complaint to them but no doubt they will do what they did with my previous complaints and ignore them :\

i am proud to say, i am a Tesco girl!
  • Ive just placed my second home delivery order with asda and am not happy. I placed my first order a few weeks ago and shortly after the order went through they took £1 from my prepaid credit card.

I assumed it was to check it was valid or somethng as it was the first time I used the services and they would take this off my bill. They didnt and didnt refund it either.

I placed another order today and they took another £1 immediately. Yeah I know I shouldve learned the first time but Im kinda stuck with home deliveries at present cos of an injured knee.

Finally found a valid email address and asked them why. Ive had an out of office reply. Watch this space to see if I get my money back. However reading this forum Im not gonna hold my breath
  • I just received a text from ASDA cancelling my Christmas food delivery with just 24 hours notice. I have 18 people coming to dinner and now NO FOOD to give them. Fair enough ASDA had issues delivering in the snow, I understand that, but why couldn't they get my order together at the store for me to pick up? And their customer service is appalling. No apology, just a text. Thank you for ruining my Christmas Asda.

And please, if ASDA have angered you then let them know, by letter, phone, email – they won’t care of course, they will simply tell you “you are free to take your business elsewhere” like they told my husband when he dared to complain – but at least the complaint might be registered somewhere.

Most importantly if ASDA have let you down – DO NOT SHOP THERE EVER AGAIN.
  • I am absolutely outraged and appaulled by the way my wife and I have been treated by the pure unprofessionalism and indeciency by ASDA. My wife has just had an operation and only came home from hospital two days ago. She is not able to physically go out and get the shopping herself, and I need to go to work while she stays at home. Therefore we relied on ASDA home delivery service to provide us with all the groceries we need to accomodate us for the week. The timeslot was between 7-9 last night 04/01/2010, I had just got home from work at 6.45 so was hoping not a long wait until the delivery had arrived. Time ticked on and eventually it past 21.00 and we were getting anxious and stressed. We called the customer helpline, which took about 10 minutes worth of waiting for an agent to actually pick up the phone. 'We will call the store' they said, and my wife explained everything about being in hospital and the urgency of getting these groceries deliverered as soon as possible. No response came and at 21.30 we called again, this time the agent on the phone had the ordasity to tell us that 'we are unortherised to make outbound calls at this present time as the call centers are very busy'......what a joke, my delivery, which isnt free of charged, turns up late and then we are told they cant even investigate where it is??..the only infomation the second agent advised was that it had been dispatched and was in the van. The thing that enraged us was that we didnt even recieve a call to advise of the delay, how unprofessional!! This morning after a night of hearing nothing, we rang again, only to be told our delivery had been 'Rejected', with no explanation as to why. Its not good enough, obviously asda have learned NOTHING since the watchdog documentary, for our order to turn up late, for us not to be informed, I mean what is this a third world country?? We need to eat, and now my wife has to go out in her injured state because I cant get time off work, to get her food. I will do everything in my power to ensure ASDA compensate us for the misery they have put us through, its no wonder they call it 'asda' price, because its not the food thats the cheapest, its the customer service and home delivery service. Absolutely dreadful.
  • I just do not know how the hell I coped having to do the shopping etc last year when Freda was ill.
  • well....i got a response.........actually really p'd off the responce to be honest.

I stated the facts and the facts my bank gave me and they claimed that the problem was the bank fault and the bank should have know this was not to be a payment request and how Asda are not responsible.
    Then gave me a £10 discount code which isnt even applied to the account yet regarding the late delivery.....

Asda, pretty much dont give a fudge!

Needless to say, since that order, i placed an order with Tesco, better discounts, perishable products like milk etc have plenty of time to use unlike Asda's eggs etc which gave me a couple of days, arrived on time (was within the 1st hour) and the guy called me to tell me he was arriving.
  • trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,337 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    hello all,

I saw this thread and thought I would put down an experience I had on wednesday at my local asda supermarket. I have never complained about Asda before, and have shopped for years with the company, but I was real ticked on wednesday :(

I went to the the Old Kent Road Asda Branch in London on wednesday nite. I arrived there at 10:30pm. I dont usually shop during this time, but decided to pop down there, wish I hadnt. First bad experience was trying to push a shopping trolly around the isles with nite staff replemishing stock. There were large cages on wheels everywhere, goods all over the floor, some scattered, others placed in a haphard mount way.

I had to ask some of the staff to move the things, so I could get pass, I did like the experience at all.

There was two cashers open which I joinged just after 11pm. After a few minutes waiting, a fellow customer infront told me this casher was closing. I felt a bit put out, so decided to join the second cashier que. I waited again for a few minutes and this time the casher stood up and told me his till will be closing and I should visit the self service. I told him I had a trolly, and he said, thats what I needed to do.

two cashiers now closing at the same time, and no new tills opening, MMMmmmmmmmmmmmm. I take it in my stride, and make my way to the bank of self service tills. There is two banks of four tills, but strangly one bank of four is closed and roped off.

As I made my way to the que, I notice people are queing along on the isles. There are eight people in front of me, some with babies, large shopping troolies. People are disgruntled to having to use the self service tills, and one customer starts shouting concerning the roped closed tills. More and more people join the ques, which now have reached half of the isle.

After 15 minutes, I finally get to my till. I scn everything, but have trouble with the till, as it does not recognise the bags I brought with me (asda reuseable bags) the till keeps telling me "unexpected iteam in bagging area"

the guy loking after the till is running around helping other customers. people are getting angry of the amount of time they are waiting.

Once i pack my shopping, i tell the staff member I want to use the voucher i printed from the asda challenge. I am told these tills dont take these vouchers. I insist on speaking to a manager. I wait, and wait and wait, eventually someone arrives. I tell him about the voucher, and he asks the first member of staff. I am told another person has been asked to come over.

I am real ticked at this point but remain calm. five minutes and another senio staff member arrives. both of them now start pressing buttons on the till. The second senior staff member tells me he will give me the cash instead and disappears with he voucher and till reciept.

Knowing I am going to get the money, i now attempt to pay. The till fails to recognise my credit card. I put it in the card reader several times, but noithing seems to work. I then have to wait again for the staff member. by now the second bank of self service tills are open, so he is doing eigh tills. red lights are flashing everywhere. Finally he approaches my till, and tells me the card reader is broken. There is no sign on the till, noithing to tell customers it is for cash only.

The first senior staff member approches and gives me the money from the till. I explain to him, i am not happy. He informs me there are cash machines outside the store. I now have to leave the store, draw some cash out, and reenter the store. I pay, and get out of there pretty quick.

I feel really upset with the whole experience, If it was not for the reusable bags, i would of left the shopping, and drove to nearby tesco. shall i complain to anyone????????
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
  • drussellh
    drussellh Posts: 125 Forumite
    hello all,

I saw this thread and thought I would put down an experience I had on wednesday at my local asda supermarket. I have never complained about Asda before, and have shopped for years with the company, but I was real ticked on wednesday :(

I went to the the Old Kent Road Asda Branch in London on wednesday nite. I arrived there at 10:30pm. I dont usually shop during this time, but decided to pop down there, wish I hadnt. First bad experience was trying to push a shopping trolly around the isles with nite staff replemishing stock. There were large cages on wheels everywhere, goods all over the floor, some scattered, others placed in a haphard mount way.

I had to ask some of the staff to move the things, so I could get pass, I did like the experience at all.

There was two cashers open which I joinged just after 11pm. After a few minutes waiting, a fellow customer infront told me this casher was closing. I felt a bit put out, so decided to join the second cashier que. I waited again for a few minutes and this time the casher stood up and told me his till will be closing and I should visit the self service. I told him I had a trolly, and he said, thats what I needed to do.

two cashiers now closing at the same time, and no new tills opening, MMMmmmmmmmmmmmm. I take it in my stride, and make my way to the bank of self service tills. There is two banks of four tills, but strangly one bank of four is closed and roped off.

As I made my way to the que, I notice people are queing along on the isles. There are eight people in front of me, some with babies, large shopping troolies. People are disgruntled to having to use the self service tills, and one customer starts shouting concerning the roped closed tills. More and more people join the ques, which now have reached half of the isle.

After 15 minutes, I finally get to my till. I scn everything, but have trouble with the till, as it does not recognise the bags I brought with me (asda reuseable bags) the till keeps telling me "unexpected iteam in bagging area"

the guy loking after the till is running around helping other customers. people are getting angry of the amount of time they are waiting.

Once i pack my shopping, i tell the staff member I want to use the voucher i printed from the asda challenge. I am told these tills dont take these vouchers. I insist on speaking to a manager. I wait, and wait and wait, eventually someone arrives. I tell him about the voucher, and he asks the first member of staff. I am told another person has been asked to come over.

I am real ticked at this point but remain calm. five minutes and another senio staff member arrives. both of them now start pressing buttons on the till. The second senior staff member tells me he will give me the cash instead and disappears with he voucher and till reciept.

Knowing I am going to get the money, i now attempt to pay. The till fails to recognise my credit card. I put it in the card reader several times, but noithing seems to work. I then have to wait again for the staff member. by now the second bank of self service tills are open, so he is doing eigh tills. red lights are flashing everywhere. Finally he approaches my till, and tells me the card reader is broken. There is no sign on the till, noithing to tell customers it is for cash only.

The first senior staff member approches and gives me the money from the till. I explain to him, i am not happy. He informs me there are cash machines outside the store. I now have to leave the store, draw some cash out, and reenter the store. I pay, and get out of there pretty quick.

I feel really upset with the whole experience, If it was not for the reusable bags, i would of left the shopping, and drove to nearby tesco. shall i complain to anyone????????

Oh dear. What a horrible experience. You should receive at least 1 million as compensation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure