Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Charities that might want home-cooked / baked food?

Evening :)

A friend of mine loves baking and has some spare time on her hands so would love to put her skills to use for charity. She was thinking maybe a womens' refuge or a homeless shelter? Does anyone know anywhere around the chipping norton kind of area that might be interested, or of any national charities that have local branches? (She would prefer to bake at home and then donate the food rather than actually volunteer as a helper.)

Thanks for your help! Any ideas welcome as we have run out of ideas!

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    If you google homeless shelter Chipping Norton you'll find that Mungos Broadway (national charity) does some work in that area.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Thanks Sue I will look that up, that gives us somewhere to start! :beer:
  • That is very true, we were wondering about that. It seems that it is ok for people to sell cakes to fundraise though, so hoping the same rules apply? Probably some kind of community scheme would be more likely to accept help though do you think? Although still not finding anything!
  • torbrex
    torbrex Posts: 71,340 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Contact your local WI (or whatever they are called now)
    My mum used do donate a shed load of her baked goods to them every week that either went into their sale of goods or was used at their coffee mornings.
    All the money raised went to locally funded good causes.
  • Good idea thank-you!
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I work for a women's charity and we gratefully accept home made cakes, it would indeed be a major headache if someone became ill as a result of eating our cakes but it hasn't happened so far, and the risks are quite low with cooked cakes, surely?
    Signature removed for peace of mind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport