Prices for Howdens kitchen units

Comments

• clairehi
    clairehi Posts: 1,352 Forumite
    My friend has an ivory Howdens kitchen with black granite worktops, it looks fab and is in perfect condition after 2 years use. the idea the carcasses cant take the weight of granite is laughable.

Don't buy anything from a salesman who feels the need to tell lies about their competitors' products.
  • majjie
    majjie Posts: 282 Forumite
    Howdens do have a flat pack range of kitchens - but if you're looking at the rigid carcasses you definitely shouldn't have any problem with granite.
    I write blogs about kitchens ... and I design kitchens for a living ... I just love kitchens!
  • andyhop
    andyhop Posts: 1,996
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    even a flat pack kitchen will take the weight of 30mm thick granite

Take a look the ikea website it gives ratings of the units and feet
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure
  • jason_s_2
    jason_s_2 Posts: 395 Forumite
    I've fitted a few of howdens kitchens now, and the units have been delivered already made up. All there stuff is of good quality and if i have any probs they are very quick to sort it out. They get a 10/10 from me.
  • glendam
    glendam Posts: 348 Forumite
    Thankyou so much it makes me feel so much better. I have already sent that kitchen company packing i hate liars in any walk of life.
    I would say which kitchen firm it was but not sure if that is ok. .
    Glenda
    Glenda

£1 a week savings challenge 2014

£250

• glendam wrote: »
    In the running at the moment is Howdens and Magnet both based were I live. The other Kitchen guy also said that the inferior carcasses from Howdens would not bear the weight of granite. Is there any truth in this. This kitchen will have to last as I will not be doing another one here. Any one help.
    TIA
    Glenda

Glenda

Howdens or Magnet rigid carcases will have no problem at all with solid surface worktops such as Granite, Concrete or Corian.
    Their carcase products are very similar in specification.
    The specification on frontal can be differ from one company to another.

From a Howdens point of view, ask a member of staff to print the kitchen specifcation off for you. It's available on their internal internet site and available to any customer.
  • simcla
    simcla Posts: 64 Forumite
    Re the question about the gloss doors - We had glendevon cream high gloss doors(from howdens) in our last house. We were worried about marks prior to installation - they were very easy to keep clean, just a quick wipe generally sufficed even with tomatoe sauce!
    :rotfl:
  • I thought her post was very well put together and certainly not uncivil. Anyway, IMO, someone can be as rude as they want provided I get a great deal and after sales support. The deal is everything. And B & Q are definitely rip-off merchants as their 50% off sale is just as expensive as the quotes they gave me for a kitchen and bathroom 6 MONTHS AGO when there was NO sale. Their excuse is that prices had gone up. On units, perhaps they could get away with that but how could installation costs have doubled in 6 months. Mind you, they wanted to charge me £160 to plug in my own fridge and that was half price "installation". Yep, you stick with B & Q and good luck. Me, I'll only use them for buying fuses etc., provided I can't find them at Tesco.
    alanhl wrote: »
    after Natalie5's rant i think i will stick with B&Q, at least you get civility with them, and the difference in quality is probably ignorable
  • WillowCat
    WillowCat Posts: 974
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Given the comments about "trade only" is there any way of getting a Howdens kitchen?

I wouldn't get a builder to fit as I have the DIY skills already...(OK so I use my tame plumber/sparkie for some odd bits)
  • gemini24
    gemini24 Posts: 62 Forumite
    All you need is a friend in the building/carpentry etc profession who can get discount at Howdens and the price plummets compared to the one quoted to Joe Public.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure