Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13

Options

Comments

• sexymouse
    sexymouse Posts: 6,054 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    No problem angel11 - I shall be stalking the thread when I can to see if there are any updates on BFPs - best of luck to you all too. xx
    Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    I married Moon 8/4/2011, baby boy born 26/9/2012, Angel Baby Poppy born 8/11/15, Rainbow baby boy born 11/2/2017
    £997.87/£2020
  • newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD25 A0503 - 8DPO :cool:
    CD33 cats2012 - 13DPO :cool:

"If in doubt - BD" Zone

CD10 easilydistracted - Awaiting ov :o
    CD13 Keekee - Awaiting ov :o
    CD13 Milliebob - Awaiting ov :o
    CD13 firebird082 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD18 ButterflyBabe - Awaiting ov :o
    CD23 angel11 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD25 midget_1907 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD37 clarabell1984 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD93 Slinky_Selina - Awaiting ov :o

"Wine and Chocolate" zone
    CD7 athensgeorgia - Awaiting ov :o
    CD2 newthrift - Awaiting ov :o

Those we haven't heard from in a while
    CD59 Alex_88 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD62 little angel - Awaiting ov :o
    CD108 the_insider - Awaiting ov :o

Those with * sometimes uses conceive plus/preseed.
    The names in blue has a link to their Fertility Friend chart.
    When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
  • newthrift
    Options
    angel Hope you find the change it diet helps, will be interested to hear if you do find it of any help :) I have updated the list for today and you are still on, but please let me know if you would prefer to be off during your step back.
    sweetilemon wishing you a gentle time!

Not feeling too bad with AF showing up (well obviously I would much rather be with baby but...) the last few months I have found my AF's much lighter than prev and even last month when I would of expected a heavier one given it was a early MC it was also light, which I did point out to the nurses but they didn't seem bothered. This month it has come back much heavier/normal to what it has been and I'm hoping this is a good sign. I was beginning to worry that my lining wasn't building up enough therefore it was insufficient, so here's to this cycle being the one :D Plus I have looked ahead and it would be SO good if it was as I would be doing a test around DH's birthday which would be quite nice - if it's BFP.
  • Rachylou1981
    Rachylou1981 Posts: 714 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    AthensGeorgia - It's weird at the moment because I'm certainly not over what has happened by a long shot but I am now thinking about getting another BFP ASAP so that is making me feel excited again and have something to aim for rather than just wallowing in my pit of misery. I'm back to work tomorrow and have lots of things planned over the weekends until August. We're also buying a house so lots to keep me busy. Hope you are okay.

MeepMeep - sorry to hear about your news. Good luck with whatever your next step is. For what it is worth, I am good friends with someone who has been through IVF and it doesn't seem as terrifying as some may have it sound. Their's worked on their second round and she's due next month. I know there is a thread on here that discusses it but I've heard some find it daunting so wanted to share a positive story.

Cats - Facebook is bloody hard at the minute for me. I added an old colleague this week and was faced with scan pics of her baby. Then another person put up their scan pic and due date, which was the same date as mine would've been :(

Clara - sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I'm sure you will get lots of advice/support here as it affects a few I believe. I have heard good things about Clomid so fingers crossed it helps if you decide to go ahead with that :)

Not much happening with me, I'm keeping busy and heading back to work tomorrow after 2 weeks off which I am not looking forward to as I will hit with 20 questions as to where I have been (I won't be telling the truth).
  • ThinkPink
    ThinkPink Posts: 893 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, I hope you font mind me popping back on here but I just wanted to share my own experience of Ovid with Clara.Whilst having pcos makes ttc very difficult it isn't impossible to get a bfp naturally.

I was diagnosed with it it after a year of ttc (in that year I think I had four cycles) and I was going to be referred to the fertility department and a week before my appointment I got a bfp which sadly ended up with a mmc at my 12 week scan. Anyway, I decided to leave it a bit before going back to the fs again to get Clomid and actually left it a year after the mmc, and again just before my appointment got my bfp at the start of January and am now almost 30 weeks pregnant. My shortest cycle in the two and a quarter years of ttc was about 43 days so it was very difficult to know when or if I had ovulated.

But it is possible to get a natural bfp, but I think if my area had offered Clomid as soon as I was diagnosed I would have been tempted to have started it straight away. P
  • clarabell1984
    clarabell1984 Posts: 1,181 Forumite
    Options
    Hi ladies, thank you all for your kind words and support.

Thanks pink for sharing your experience. I feel lucky that I have been diagnosed so quickly and been prescribed Clomid as I know some people have a struggle with this. I still think I'm in a bit of shock as I really wasn't expecting this. I know it's not the end of the world but I'm finding it quite difficult just now still.

I need more stories/advise from you lovely girls that are TTC with PCOS and those who are on Clomid?

I'm CD37 so was hoping AF might show this weekend but no sign yet. Took a FR this morning and BFN which is what I expected anyway. really hope I'm not in for another lengthy cycle as I don't think I'm emotionally strong enough for that at the moment! And if I do decide to go the Clomid route I need AF to come first!

I did not have any questions for the gynaecologist when I was there on Thursday, I think because I was in so much shock! Now I have a gazillion flying around my head constantly!

I've got an appointment with GP on tuesday to see if she can answer some of them. My main question is what do I do if AF doesn't come? I don't want to wait another 4 months or however long to start Clomid!

I have acupuncture tomorrow too so will see what she thinks of it all.

Sorry for long post. Hope everyone is doing good this weekend xxx
  • Rachylou1981
    Rachylou1981 Posts: 714 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well I'm out, 6 days late. Stupid hormones. Secretly gutted but probably best so soon after losing my baby girl. I'll leave you all for now and hopefully be back in the future when OH agrees to start trying. Possibly summer next year but fingers crossed for sooner. I wish you all the very best of luck. Baby dust to everyone.

Sorry I missed this Sweet. I hope you and OH can soon agree on when you are both ready, it's really hard to imagine how people deal with this kind of stuff and individually everyone is different. Good luck for the future and please stop by and let us know how you get on xx
  • ThinkPink
    ThinkPink Posts: 893 Forumite
    Options
    Hi ladies, thank you all for your kind words and support.

Thanks pink for sharing your experience. I feel lucky that I have been diagnosed so quickly and been prescribed Clomid as I know some people have a struggle with this. I still think I'm in a bit of shock as I really wasn't expecting this. I know it's not the end of the world but I'm finding it quite difficult just now still.

I need more stories/advise from you lovely girls that are TTC with PCOS and those who are on Clomid?

I'm CD37 so was hoping AF might show this weekend but no sign yet. Took a FR this morning and BFN which is what I expected anyway. really hope I'm not in for another lengthy cycle as I don't think I'm emotionally strong enough for that at the moment! And if I do decide to go the Clomid route I need AF to come first!

I did not have any questions for the gynaecologist when I was there on Thursday, I think because I was in so much shock! Now I have a gazillion flying around my head constantly!

I've got an appointment with GP on tuesday to see if she can answer some of them. My main question is what do I do if AF doesn't come? I don't want to wait another 4 months or however long to start Clomid!

I have acupuncture tomorrow too so will see what she thinks of it all.

Sorry for long post. Hope everyone is doing good this weekend xxx

You may find that some of the lovely ladies on the ttc for more than 12 months will have experience and knowledge of clomid so it may be worth popping over there to ask any questions that you may have.

It is really difficult when you are diagnosed with pcos. I found it made me worry I would never get a bfp, but actually having the diagnosis means that you will get the help and support if you want/ need it.
  • clarabell1984
    clarabell1984 Posts: 1,181 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Pink, I'll maybe pop over in the next few days if I don't get any answers from my GP.

I'm thinking I need to step away from Google and the Internet for a bit. Like you having a diagnosis has made me worry and I need to get to a more positive frame of mind xxx
  • newthrift
    Options
    Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD26 A0503 - 9DPO :cool:
    CD34 cats2012 - 14DPO :cool:

"If in doubt - BD" Zone

CD11 easilydistracted - Awaiting ov :o
    CD14 Keekee - Awaiting ov :o
    CD14 Milliebob - Awaiting ov :o
    CD14 firebird082 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD19 ButterflyBabe - Awaiting ov :o
    CD24 angel11 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD26 midget_1907 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD38 clarabell1984 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD94 Slinky_Selina - Awaiting ov :o

"Wine and Chocolate" zone
    CD8 athensgeorgia - Awaiting ov :o
    CD3 newthrift - Awaiting ov :o

Those we haven't heard from in a while
    CD60 Alex_88 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD63 little angel - Awaiting ov :o
    CD109 the_insider - Awaiting ov :o

Those with * sometimes uses conceive plus/preseed.
    The names in blue has a link to their Fertility Friend chart.
    When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport