• Sound like you've been a really busy bee LL :) love your plans too

JB
  • Lauralozzle
    Lauralozzle Posts: 719
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    edited 11 September 2016 at 3:03PM
    11th September

So I'm back from Wales! I had a fantastic time and what's more I'm now engaged!!!! :j :j :j

So this diary will become even more important as we're trying to save for our wedding!!!! I'm super excited about this and have a rough savings plan for 2017 (hoping to get married 2018) - but we need to visit venues and find one we like in budget!!!

So rough savings plan is as follows (starting from December because of Christmas etc)

Dec 2016 - £200 into wedding account
    Jan 2017 - £200 into wedding account
    Feb 2017 - £250 into wedding account (extra 50 as credit card should have been paid off by then!)
    March 2017 - £250 into wedding account
    April 2017 - £350 into wedding account (should now have £1,000 emergency float so extra in wedding funds)
    May 2017 - £350 into wedding account
    June 2017 - £350 into wedding account
    July 2017 - £420 into wedding account (sofa will have now been paid off so extra £70 into wedding fund)
    August 2017 - £420 into wedding account
    September 2017 - £420 into wedding account
    October 2017 - £420 into wedding account
    November 2017 - £420 into wedding account
    December 2017 - £420 into wedding account

Total = £4,470

This should be doable!!! Here's to saving!!!!!
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • Congratulations LL :D what lovely news and I'm loving the look of your wedding savings plan :T
  • Lauralozzle
    Lauralozzle Posts: 719
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    edited 28 September 2016 at 6:25PM
    Thank you.

Wednesday 28th September

I've been awol lately due to rubbish internet! But it appears to be working again so I'm back!

This month has been a positive month. In my absence I've not fallen off the wagon, in fact I'm very happy with things! I'm not in my overdraft (yey), pay-day is Friday so I should avoid it altogether!

I have a measly £20 in the wedding fund at the moment but it's more than be budgeted for so that's positive!!!

And - the emergency float has gone up by £102!!!!! I'm really pleased about this! First time we've managed it since May!!!
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • Wow, you're really making progress! It's so nice when things go your way and help keep you positive :j
    :happylove
  • October 2016 Goals

So, I'm going to really try and plan for next month. I want to save as much as I can without feeling like I'm missing out on things and there are a couple of outings in October that I will plan for.

I know I'm going for a meal this month on the 15th October - it's a friends birthday. I've allocated £50 for that night out and do not intend on overspending. £50 should do fine.

After taking out bills, a £100 to go straight into my savings and food shopping/petrol I've left myself with £10 spending money a week. I do not have to spend this (and with a 15 day Non Spend Challenge for the month I'll try not too!) but at least it's there!

I'm also hoping that the emergency fund will hit £500 this month which will be an achievement - we'll be half way there!

I'm also starting a new job Monday - I'll be spending less petrol and walking more so hopefully the extra exercise will help with my weight loss goals.

I'm planning on significantly adding to the Wedding Fund today - I was given a lot of gold jewellery that I won't ever wear (it's not my style) and I plan on selling some this today so go towards the wedding. Every little helps!!!
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • Wedding fund update

So, I sold some gold today and got £1,330 for it!!! That will do nicely!!!
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • Wedding fund update

So, I sold some gold today and got £1,330 for it!!! That will do nicely!!!

WOW!!! :eek:

How much did you sell?
    :happylove
  • Quite a bit to be fair - gold chains mainly and a few hideous looking rings. I'm pretty pleased with what I got for it though. It just sitting there in the jewellery box never being worn (and I would never wear the stuff, it was not my style at all). Much better use of it in my savings account!
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • Wow, I have some gold necklaces and bracelet my dad bought me from Dubai with the instruction to sell when needed. Must look into what I might get. Good work!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure