Abbey National Credit Card - PPI - Who to contact??

Hi all
I'm new to all of this so please excuse my lack of knowledge.
I have had an Abbey National Credit Card since I was 18 years old (now 31!). I've always run the account well and have a relatively small balance on it at the moment. However, last year I noticed I was being charged a monthly insurance that worked out at almost the same amount as my monthly repayment. I immediately cancelled the insurance, although it was extremely difficult, Abbey kept trying to convince me to keep it.

However, the more I hear about PPI the more I now think that I may have a claim. I never knowingly took the PPI out all those years ago when I was 18 years old.

I have got Martins wonderful letter template for asking for a list of all PPI charges on my account. I'm now wondering who to send it to though because Abbey are now Santander, and aren't Abbey Cards also MBNA? Or have I got that completely wrong?

I'd be very grateful if anyone knows of the address to send my letter to.

Thanks all
Nicola

Comments

• Hi Nicola, - did you ever get a vresponse to this (I see your post is quite old) as I am in a similar position to you (except in my 40s so have had the credit card longer!)

Thanks
    Dawn
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    DawnLou wrote: »
    Hi Nicola, - did you ever get a vresponse to this (I see your post is quite old) as I am in a similar position to you (except in my 40s so have had the credit card longer!)

Thanks
    Dawn

Its unlikely the poster will come back after all this time.
    You would get a lot more response by starting a thread of your own.
    I cant believe it took the poster around 13 years to spot that they had been paying PPI.:rotfl:
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport