PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Comments

• xxlouisexx56
    xxlouisexx56 Posts: 2,267 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    i bought dd1 2 pairs of gap jeans today for pound each :)
  • Wow...Some great bargains! :T

I popped into local hospice shop today and picked up a brand new deep egg poaching pan for £1.50 :) ...I was looking for a little pan to take camping with me as I go camping a lot with the biker charity I volunteer for & prefer to cook for myself rather than eat from costly greasy burger vans...I can use it to cook allsorts in as it is so deep :D

I also got a book for 20p from a fave author so I'm pleased with my finds!

No thanks needed Nicepeach...:A

Glad you are all enjoying the thread so far! :beer:

:heartpuls Gains & £'s saved..Far too many to mention! Needless to say I LOVE MSE! :heartpuls

'Smile in the face of adversity..Whilst thinking where you can bury the bodies'

Area representative for National Association for Bikers with a Disability A cripple is a person who thinks a disabled person cannot ride a motorcycle :)
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,897 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Good thread :T
    Last week found a very nice wooden 'mum' for hanging on the wall. Said 'mum knows everything' which went very well with the book 'the world's most difficult quiz' i'd already bought online. Ornament was 99p and gave it to my mum instead of a card :)
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • charlies-aunt
    charlies-aunt Posts: 1,605 Forumite
    I visit my favourite Charity Shops once a week - I carry a list of clothes/books/crockerythat I'm looking for to help me focus when looking through the rails ;)

Last week I bought a like-new Barbour polartec fleece jacket for £5 :T and this week got a purple M&S Botany Wool heavyweight knitted tunic for £1.99 (in half price Oxfam sale) :j

Currently shopping for summer cardi, cotton / linen trousers and/or skirt, canvas workbag, sandals and a couple of extra large teamugs! :)
    :heartpuls The best things in life aren't things :heartpuls

2017 Grocery challenge £110.00 per week/ £5720 a year

• Hobsons_Choice
    Hobsons_Choice Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Last week: The new Stephen King hardback novel (11.23.63) for £1.35, a Monsoon top for £2.99 and a Fat Face (very appropriate) top for £1.99.
    The week before: Per Una cords from the reduced rail for £1.
    Normal people worry me.
  • nuttybabe
    nuttybabe Posts: 2,299 Forumite
    Last Friday I bought ds2 a coat which looks new for 50p. :D He loves it! :D
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,897 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Mfwin very jealous.but well done you.
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Cheapskate
    Cheapskate Posts: 1,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Most recent buy was a nice denim pinafore dress for DD (2.5), older Boots label in it, £2.49. In the last 6-9 months I've found a lot of M&S and Next things for her and DS, very new-looking and very cheap; fave things are 2 vintage M&S dresses for her, one knitted red/white/blue, one white linen with a bit of smocking - each £2-3 and about 30 years old judging by the styles, so no one else has dresses like her! :D
    Jan 2021 GC £11.70/£300
    2021 mission declutter& clean 53/2021
    Jan NSD 7/31
  • I visit my favourite Charity Shops once a week - I carry a list of clothes/books/crockerythat I'm looking for to help me focus when looking through the rails ;)
    :)

Great idea! ;)

I am currently on the lookout for a big pan to use for preserving!

:heartpuls Gains & £'s saved..Far too many to mention! Needless to say I LOVE MSE! :heartpuls

'Smile in the face of adversity..Whilst thinking where you can bury the bodies'

Area representative for National Association for Bikers with a Disability A cripple is a person who thinks a disabled person cannot ride a motorcycle :)
  • This week our Sal*vation Army shop had a sale on all knit wear.

Bought a White Tommy Hilfinger jumper, and a vibrant green H&M cardigan for DD15
    A black Next jumper for OH
    A brown H&M cardigan, and a gray M&S woolen dress for me!

All for £5!
    No buying unnecessary toiletries 2014. Epiphany on 4/4/14 - went into shop to buy 2 items, walked out with 17!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure