How to find £2000 quickly...?

Hello,

Me and my family need £2000 to enable us to move to a bigger house. (We want to girls to have a bedroom each now they are getting older and we also need to a new office!)

I've been reading through some of the ideas on how to generate extra income and I've lots of ideas now.

Just wondered if anyone else could add to the list of suggestions?

My partner and I are both self-employed so we are quite flexible in what we do.

I am a photographer and I am looking at providing new services within my business. One idea is fantasy fairy pictures. I can edit photographs to turn little girls into fairies and other fantasy creatures.

I also thought about making fairy items and ornaments. I have my own websites already that I can sell through so i don't have to outlay much for this.

All thoughts welcome.

Comments

• will u please send me ure website adress this sounds amazing!
    I suggest you look at all the pages in this thread and then decide which one is best for you rather than ppl posting their ideas again!good luck
    We Make A Living By What We Get. We Make A LIFE By What We GIVE:money:

show me a man with both feet on the ground and i'll show you a man who cant get his pants off.
  • Interesting idea you could expand on massively... mixing good quality photography with decent props and computer special effects.. you could have pirates, wizards, fantasy.. reminds me of a business in Windsor that will dress your family up in 1800s style clothes and produce authentic looking period photos.
  • I think the fairy piccies would be lovely and as others have said you could expand with other ideas too.

With the fairy theme, you could make fairie doors (either wooden or from a mould. These can be put into bedrooms or at the bottom of the garden. I have seen the moulds on ebay...toothfairy pillows (there are rhymes on the internet that go with these too)...fairie dust...fairy costumes etc.

Good luck
  • jackomdj
    jackomdj Posts: 3,073
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Do you do lots of photo's when you take them? We bought some (very expensive) & would have loved to have got the whole package. If you could get a digital frame & hard copy these onto the digital memory (so it could not get taken out of the frame & printed off) I am sure you would get a lot more sales?! I know we would have paid for this as well as the selection we got for the wall.

Nicky

Nicky
  • Wow, thanks for the feedback!

Here's my website for those that asked.

*Link Removed*

It's my alternative photography website where I set-up a shop to sell cards I made. I was a bit late getting the Christmas cards out though and probably missed the good christmas sales. I am going to revamp soon to include blank greetings cards or even personalised ones.

I have also made keyrings with the fairy design on them. They are mainly for an alternative market, but it's so new right now, I need to do more research into where they will sell best. I was thinking the goth and emo shops and I will probably put them on ebay too.

Any suggestions or comments on my fairy would be appreciated too.

I also need a name for her... my Mum suggested Alyss.

Cheers
  • GavB79
    GavB79 Posts: 751
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Get a more professional looking website and you'll make a ton of money. It will be worth the investment
  • GavB79 wrote: »
    Get a more professional looking website and you'll make a ton of money. It will be worth the investment

I'm not great on web design, this one seems to be working for me though.
    What do you think is wrong with it? Is it too basic?

Cheers
  • ouch, lower the JPG compression on your images, it makes them look out of focus on your gallery

The website is pretty reasonable, good gallery system, possibly not as slick as some out there (take a look at the one used by my wedding photographer.. i know he uses a free system http://www.arifgardner.co.uk/gallerywedding.php)

Your biggest problem seems to be typographic.. the use of fonts isn't amazing, especially the one at the top of the page - that needs to be remade. Why can I see jagged lines around it, did the author not anti-alias it against a white background?

I can spot 3, maybe 4 different fonts on your front page.. that needs to be reduced to 2 max
  • Thanks for that. I had kept the jpg quality at 12, I hadn't realised it needed to be lower.
    Should i do this with all my images or just some?
    If you don't mind could you tell me which ones looked out of focus. I obviously want my site to look as good as possible, so constructive criticism like this is always welcome.
  • I will take a closer look at the fonts too. :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport