Ultimate Challenge. 457 days / £16600!!!

Comments

• Siouxsie32
    Siouxsie32 Posts: 1,987
    First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    I love giving gifts to my sisters children and I can't bring myself not to give anything to my Mum and Dad. The kids are getting scaled down gifts this year though - it can be a 'Don't Get Into Debt' lesson for them :D
  • We have done it we have bit the bullett and paid another loan off freeing up another £200 a month yippeeeee :) so thats :):) £9041.39/48262.44 Thats means we have 39221.05p left to pay yippeee yippeeee :) xxxx

True best for kids to learn early about finances if only i knew back then what i know now :) ps sorry for my outburst im just so pleased :)
    I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAK:pMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 08£77240.69 Current outstanding total £36083.01 Paid so far = £41157.68
  • Christi
    Christi Posts: 137 Forumite
    Hi Kat,

I'm a diary lurker and just popping on to say hi! Well done on your achievements so far, I admire your budgeting! You stick to them so much better than I do.

I love magazines too and cracked today and got Heat! which I know is trashy but I love it. Have you tried looking at offers for subscriptions? TCB do cashback through a few companies and then on top of that there are freebies with particular magazines. One I'm looking at gives a free Wii game plus £5 cashback so a years subscription (when the game is sold on ebay!) will cost about £30 instead of £87 if I bought all the issues separately. Still MSE but still having a treat. Sorted!
    2015 Wins
    1st Win! - £50 Asda Gift Card
    2nd Win! - £25 Tesco Gift Card
  • Good evening to you all... I am currently in front of a fire in my tartan pj's ( so sexy )... listening to my mother attempting to explain the idea of threads to my Dad..always fun! Mumsy has grapefruit skins drying out in front of the fire, which are great fire starters... just tuck 'em away if you have visitors cause you'll look like a right eejit...

Phone died just outside airport - so much for gaining travelling miles. Better than last time though when I dropped my phone and it was crushed by a car directly outside the airport..

Christi WELCOME to you... I love a good trash mag but have stopped buying any now.. I was thinking about the Burlesque magazine I get which would be cheaper on a subscription but even then its an expenditure than I shouldn't do...oh or Vintages Life...:T..( I did buy a drink for £1.99 though today )...:(

Happy ..WELL DONE!!!!..get you all over this payment shizzle... I am super chuffed for you well done...round of applause I think...:T:T:T:T.. I am so pleased for you therefore rants are allowed!..:o

SusieSue...HAHAHAHAH!! Norn Iron indeed.. I am in Co.Fermanagh as we speak... you are right about parents. Its just not the done thing over here not buying them something as much as they might protest... I am making them a hamper of home-made goodies too.. I have plums I collected during the week from my tree which are awaiting me returning in the freezer for a jam making session... I have a fig tree as well which is refusing to do anything cause of the cold and wetness.. ...so they will get SOME treats but am ruling out the girlfriends now...

Can't put too much more on here as the Mother wants a gander at what I am writing.. can't spoil the surprise!

Other than that I am wrecked.. looking forward to being fed and watered this weekend and sleeping a lot...

More soon...
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • Oooh sounds lovely :-) open fires grapefruit skin? What is this for? Yes we have just say down and worked a budget out :-) optimistic but achievable none the less :-).... Here's to following with it, I hope to pay another loan off before the year is out which will save me £150 a month if I can pay anything else off I will but it will be minimum payments and sensible head for now. I have had a habit of frittering money so that is why we took the plunge and paid it and boy did it feel good. X
    I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAK:pMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 08£77240.69 Current outstanding total £36083.01 Paid so far = £41157.68
  • Happy I'm glad your so optimistic too.. It's great when you can save bye bye to a debt.. Hopefully I can do the same with my CC...

Any citrus fruit skins can't go on a compost heap.. Mum dries them out ( orange skins too )..and uses them as kindling for when she starts the fire ..tomorrow.. every little helps! Used to love them as a kid watching them crackle and spit.. Ahhhhh entertainment in the 80's, not quite a PS3...ha!!

Another Mummy penny-pincher tip..? Save all you little bits of soap that are almost unusable.. When u have a handful squish em all together and you have a bigger bar to go further.. Again all the different colours of soap used to amuse me as a kid... Simple things eh!!..
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • Simple things indeed :-) I didn't know that citrus fruits don't go on a compost heap, Alan titchmarsh eat your heart out lol xx positive attitude goes a long way and it helps. Good night all xx
  • Siouxsie32
    Siouxsie32 Posts: 1,987
    First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    Well done Happy :beer: Great work!

Hi Christi and Hi Kat's mum :hello:

Hope you're having a fab time :D Tartan PJs and an open fire sound just about as good as it gets! A good old NI breakfast will sort you out in the morning. I just LOVE the soda bread there. Still warm with yummy butter and jam - mmmmmm!
  • Listerbelle
    Listerbelle Posts: 1,438
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I've been lurking, having subscribed a few days ago. I love your positive attitude NSK, and there's lots about you and your (online) personality that remind me of where I was in my life when I was in my early-mid twenties :)

I hope that you are having a wonderful time back home. :)
    Your biggest asset is TIME! I'm focused on multi-generational financial freedom.
  • Well good morning to you all!!

WELCOME Listerbelle... you get the first mention this morning cause of your kindness of assuming I'm still in my early/mid twenties..this made me smile:D:D:D... not far off.. 29 and counting down to April's 30th birthday depression...:o.. but apparently it just gets better I just personally didn't want my debts passed 30. Shame my LBM came so late..

Susie-Sue do you find the tea tastes better over here too? Better than London anyway as the water there is so hard.. Fermanagh water is soft and peaty and yummy.. on my third cup in 50 minutes... good by my standards. Mummy is rationing it cause of my tea addiction..:rotfl: I am on home made bread but know what you mean about soda bread and butter with jam.. Ormo is much better than Rankin's stuff. Mummy sent a box of the stuff over once...lol!

Big fat fluffly birds outside on my Dads bird table stuffing their grubby little faces with seeds.. record is 27 around the bird table...

Fonesure have written and refused a re-payment as "cancellation should have been in writing" - I shall write a beautiful hand written letter advising them that since Orange took out this agreement with them I was not given a copy of said agreement and conditions to read and adhere to. However I should have been advised of this when I called them to cancel as its clearly on their records and the letter they just sent me that the agreement was taken out with "GM Group" and not me....... I will persevere, I will be relentless and I will be patient. ...and I will get my money! Even if I need to speak with the Ombudsman:T:T:T. The letter came from PIER INSURANCE so a thread will be added elsewhere for all to see I think...

Am having to open the make-up sadly but there is no way I am going out without it! We shall have a wee trip to the bank and lodge the cheques and enquire about the 0% fee / 0% balance transfer / 0% on new purchases Visa they have... shan't tell 'em it'll be destroyed by 31.12.2012.:A

Hope everyone is ready for an NSD day...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure