The "Save 12k in 2018" Thread!

Comments

• Please can you sign me up for 2018 - I will add my target when I have calculated the end of this year - maybe put me down for £10,000 and I can change if I need to
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 25.04% spent or £754.10/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • Hello,

Please could I sign up and aim for £5,000? I signed up last year but think my ambition was a bit too high and I somehow lost my way mid-way through!

Hopefully I'll be able to update it with a higher figure, but I'll aim for that one for now.

Thank you! :)
  • Yazi
    Yazi Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Hi there!

Would love to sign in with £5000~
    Don't think I can aim higher as a student with rent with just a part time job and SF

Let's all work hard this year!
  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi Slowly fading,
    Can I please join again for 2018.
    Target for the year £6000.00
    I don’t mind if I have a new number, whatever is easier for you.
    Gem-gem (number 68)
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • Could you pop me down for £6k?
    First year that would be an achievement for me!
  • Alarae
    Alarae Posts: 355 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    I tried and failed miserably at this challenge a couple of years ago, but I'm in a much better place now to start saving as I've had a nice payrise, cleared all my debts and have a secondary income which pushes up my salary.

Going to go for 10k in 2018- might plunge down to nothing in the summer if we funnel all savings into a house move but this challenge should spur me along until then!

I can hopefully put away £900 myself and the hopefully another £300 from OH on quiet months- it's just the unexpected spends that will get me :rotfl:
  • Please put me down for £5,000.
    We're moving in January so savings will be severely depleted and we'll also need to save for items for the house. £5,000 is the amount I'd like in the bank at the end of the year after paying for those things.
  • Hi,

Can you sign me up for 14k looking to make a substantial improvement this year. Hence joint MSE have been following these forums for a while and now is the time to join in.

Thanks
  • Please sign me up again, I am going to aim for £9,000 this year.

Thanks for all your hard work in hosting these challenges, they have helped me so much over the past few years. I have often increased my target and still hit it. It is such an inspiration to aim high and save as much as possible.
    Save £8,000 in 2023 #10: £49,148/ £8,000 :j
  • Can you please put me down for £3,000? It doesn't sound like a lot, but I am a full time student so it's not going to be plain sailing. I had this target in my head anyway, but I really fancy joining others to hold myself accountable.
    For me, I am not going to include pension contributions, but I will count interest on savings that I already have. Look forward to getting to know you all. :D
    Save £12k in 2024 #29
    January take lunch to work goal - 13 of 19
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family