DMP Mutual Support Thread - Part 12

Options

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Anniee88 wrote: »
    Hello, I am just doing my CCA requests and wanted to check when I go to the post office this afternoon do I just ask for a blank postal order? Do I need to write their names on it or just send it blank fo them? Thanks

Make it payable to the original creditor.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Suseka97
    Suseka97 Posts: 1,562 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    A quick hello to everyone and to stay in touch.

Great to see newbies are getting to grips with DMPs and to see more moving from a managed arrangement to self-managing. Gives you so much more flexibility and control, best decision I've made.

PRA have put my accounts on hold, again - and Link have gone off the radar, again! Seriously, Link is really poor at responding to letters. I even wrote to their MD and still no joy - yet.

So, it'll be another month of the DMP payment going straight into our F&F savings pot :D

Have a great debt-busting week y'all :j
  • CallyJen
    Options
    Hi everyone

I’ve had a few creditors come back to me saying that they want a reference number from the Debt Management Agency that are helping me - they seem a bit reluctant to deal with me managing it myself. Anyone else experienced this? If so, what did you do?
  • January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    CallyJen wrote: »
    Hi everyone

I’ve had a few creditors come back to me saying that they want a reference number from the Debt Management Agency that are helping me - they seem a bit reluctant to deal with me managing it myself. Anyone else experienced this? If so, what did you do?

Visit the NEDCAB DMP site and open an account to self manage your DMP. When you write to creditors quote the NEDCAB reference number. You are managing your own DMP but for some reason creditors feel more comfortable when they see you are taking advice.... go figure :rotfl:

Creditors have to treat you the same whether you are self managing or being supported with your DMP. However, to smooth things along and shut the dopey ones up it's worth just quoting a NEDCAB reference number.

Hope this helps.
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • kram
    kram Posts: 136 Forumite
    Options
    Can you do cca's when you are with sc or is it easier and more effective if your self managing.

Anybody had any experience with this.
  • CallyJen
    Options
    Thanks January! I used the NEDCAB site to generate my I and E and adapted their letters! I’ll stick that reference on any further correspondence :rotfl:

In a way I understand that creditors feel more comfortable dealing with SC / CAB. I also think that people in debt are not necessarily stupid or incapable - a few bad decisions or life events and you’re sunk.

Thanks again everyone on the forum, you are sanity saviours! It’s really good to be able to talk about my debt. I’m another one who can’t talk to OH about money!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    kram wrote: »
    Can you do cca's when you are with sc or is it easier and more effective if your self managing.

I would think that taking out credit, would be a breach of the DMP.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    kram wrote: »

Anybody had any experience with this.

You can request information about your credit accounts at any time of your choosing, as long as a balance remains on the account.

The request for information is between you and your creditor.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    I’ve posted a message on here and now can’t find it to read the reply,how do I find my posts again please
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Puddylove
    Options
    I’ve posted a message on here and now can’t find it to read the reply,how do I find my posts again please

Hi
    Sourcrates moved your thread so that you'd get more replies - look on this Debt Free Wannabe forum below this. Or here's a link.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73722070#post73722070
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport