❄❄ Let It Snow ❄❄ :: Christmas 2012 Chatter Thread

Comments

• weeclick
    weeclick Posts: 1,051 Forumite
    eeek - that should have been sent special delivery (next day) or courier..............you're entitled to a complete refund......for their sake I hope they didn't stick first class stamps on as they won't even be able to claim thro royal mail.

post is shocking at the moment!!!!!

Thankfully the seller got in touch today after I sent a msg, its been sent recorded delivery and royal mail state "its with us and making its way through our postal system" God knows when I will get it :cool:
    Own_My_Own wrote: »
    I feel very unChristmassy. I am not fed up in anyway at all. Just doesn't feel like it is only 2 weeks away.

Even watching Christmas films hasn't helped.

But even worse, it doesn't seem to bother me.

In fact I am looking forward to January. I love January. It is a new beginning, and I get to use my new note pads, and start new lists. :j :o

I think because I have done everything (Except the dreaded wrapping) I feel a little lost.

But then reading everyone else's posts, we have all become the most unChristmassy Christmas Freaks I have ever met.

I know what you mean, def doesnt feel like its so close!! Not sure why but no one around me seems that christmassy (I know my mum has only started shopping today I was horrified!! :eek:)
    Life is what you make it.
  • Thank you all for the well wishes just got back from mums (she lives 30 mile away) and she seems a lot stronger today. My brother recently moved back home after his own relationship broke so at least they're together & supporting each other. Love the idea of getting kids to choose a gift for dad I don't want to cut him out of our lives but at mo I don't want to see or talk to him so that's a perfect solution.
    Looking very Christmassy in our little village now & I can finally smile again & hopefully get some sleep tonight.
    Thanks also for all the ideas re dd & Santa I had forgotten all about our incident & she hasn't mentioned anymore doubts so hopefully we can keep the magic alive a few more years x
    It's not about getting what you want, It's about wanting what you get.
  • Hello everyone :hello:

Just popping in quickly between finishing off the Christmas cards and making dinner before the X Factor (and glugging a bit of wine :D)

I spotted this guide to making your own snow globe on the Seasalt website and immediately thought of you lot :D

http://www.seasaltcornwall.co.uk/blog/?p=8414&utm_source=SilverpopMailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=12%20DAYS%20#%209%20%281%29&utm_content=

Seasalt also have free delivery until midnight tomorrow and they have their lovely jute bags at two for £6 - a fab alternative to baskets when making hampers :) Quite a few of the Christmassy bags have sold out now :( but they seem to have added a couple of new designs, plus I think a couple of their "normal" designs would work too:

http://www.seasaltcornwall.co.uk/accessories/women/jutes

(And no, I do not work for Seasalt, I just love their jute bags and always buy more when I am down in Cornwall :D)
    DFW no.554 - Proud to be dealing with my debts :T
    DAVID TENNANT CAN PROBE ME WITH HIS SONIC SCREWDRIVER ANYTIME...:A
    FLYING THE FLAG FOR THE CAMBRIDGE BOOTS TARTS :happyhear
  • FeistyFidget
    FeistyFidget Posts: 1,368
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Definitely saving that one Buffy ;) Thank You
    [/COLOR]
    2024 Challenges
    Live in the moment more and appreciate the small things
  • Evening all.

Had a lovely day / evening with the OH today. Is it me, or is it romantic when your OH's spend the day with you, Showering you with love and affection whilst you spend the day together putting decorations up, Dressing the tree & wrapping some of the presents? Okay....Passing the bucket around now!!

Somehow we seemed to have had the most perfect day.
    For me to get some shocking news...

(Hope you dont mind me off-loading here. Just you guys seem so understanding...Seems recently all ive done is moan:(...)

My mum called me today, She's been told that my younger brother (18) nearly 19, Has decided to just quit the armed forces. So now hes completely job less, Living back with my mum, In a very depressed angry state. This isn't great for my mum considering she's suffering with clinical depression. Today, My brother has announced he's got his girlfriend pregnant. Worst of all, Both are jobless, Homeless (Meaning they are still stayng at parents) & Brother has just got a £400 amount limited addition car he's expecting mum to help pay for...

Now normally i would say they are good / hardowrking young'ens, But recently they seem to have lost their drive and expect their parents, Siblins to do everything for them. With a baby now on the way this has understandly killed my mothers health progress. I dont quite know why im posting this...Maybe for understanding, rant, Support but felt the need to get this off my chest :(

Anyways, I will be spending my time catching up on the thread then i might dare to take some pictures of my decs & tree..Just worried mine will look rubbish compared to all yours! :rotfl:
    Future goals:
    Become debt free.
    Beat Depression.
    Be happy & healthy
  • chickywiggle
    chickywiggle Posts: 5,203
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    arggg I am officially a Christmas Wuss!!!!

Took the boys to a semi-local school tonight where they had a lighting the tree ceremony including a brass band playing carols and an visit from Santa.

Any I had to choke back tears...............WHY WHY???

WHY as soon as Santa turned up did I feel like I wanted to cry??? I can only assume it is something in my brain being excited for my kids??? perhaps it was the community feel??

It was really nice - donations only no stalls, nothing to try and persuade you to part with any money. Your kids could go and talk to Santa (who gave them token sweets - just small haribo for toddlers, older kids got a bag of pic n mix, but they were over the moon) Obviously could take your own photos. Plus they gave every child a free bag of "reindeer food" and told them all about sprinkling it on Christmas Eve (almost brought me to tears again).
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • Own_My_Own
    Own_My_Own Posts: 6,098
    Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    :j:j The X Factor is over :j:j

I have never watched it, and have no idea who was in it or who won.
    But I am so glad it is over. People look at you like you are a zombie when you say you don't watch it, and I was getting fed up of hearing about it. :mad:
    Hopefully now ITV will put something decent on of a weekend.:)

Sorry to any X Factor lovers .:D
  • weeclick
    weeclick Posts: 1,051 Forumite

Weeclick Im just the same when somebody goes out the back door to the garden (hubby) there is always a chorus of 'watch the cat!' one of mine is scared of everything so she will only go in the back garden if you take her out and stay with her, the other is into everything and has escaped a few times out the back, always a performance catching her! I have the same issue with her with the ribbon , I can't put anything under the tree with ribbon on as she chews it up (shes 5!) and if she sees me wrapping presents she will pounce on the ribbon and try and run off with the reel!

That sounds exactly like our wee Georgie!! (shes 5 too!)

Just realised how much I have left to do in the two weekends we have left now!!! :eek: Week days are out due to work and then the gym after work, by the time we are home and had tea its ready for showers / bed

Next weekend I have to make truffles and fudge for OH to give to managers in work, Lord of the Rings tickets have been booked for Saturday afternoon followed by dinner also already booked, Sunday I have to make 7 choc slabs, make edit box and wrap 7 personalised dvd slideshows (all completely different) and about 16 choc spoons oh and also fit a hair cut each into there (thankfully its a friend who has just qualified and set up a business so she can come here)

It also my sisters birthday on Thursday this week and my mum suggested our annual girly movie night on Friday this week too! Ive also to fit in a shopping trip with mum!

Then the following weekend I have 3 batches of chocolate truffles (120 truffle balls in total :eek:) and 6 batches of fudge to make, Sunday evening we are out to see snow patrol and Im working on Monday so again time is very limited.

in the middle of that Ive to find time to dismantle, take off price tags, wrap some gifts and re-pack 7 hampers, still a list of things to buy, sisters birthday gift to finish then my nieces birthday gift to make (shes getting a mint areo ball sweet tree her birthdays 27th) and just to top it off havent even started getting secret santa for work which is due 19th December the latest!! Still food stuff to buy too.

And after all this OH wants to know what Im worrying about!!! :eek: I cant see me getting much sleep these next 2 weekends lol
    Life is what you make it.
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Huge hugs Pinknfluffy xx

Chickywiggle, I also cry at these type of things. I was at a Christmas party with the kids today and had to choke back the tears when we seen Santa coming. I find it all emotional, linking back to my own childhood and my kids excitement and innocence.

OMO, I'm soooo glad too. I havnt watched one episode of it either, but on fb it's all my friends are talking about it and it's doing my head in. X

Well my idea of selling more on fb wasn't that successful. I did make a few sales, but not as much as I wanted. I still have a couple of weeks for folk to buy it, but after spending so much on stock I wanted to see something back.
    There some good bargains if anyone fancies a look? I know I can't link my fb page here, but my name is Applepieandcustard designs, if you fancy having a nose of maybe a wee share? Xx
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport