MSE News: Sky customers to be hit with line rental price hikes

Comments

• miller
    miller Posts: 1,627 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Did they not lock in a load of their Sports customers with 2 years' "free" broadband just prior to this?
  • pugsley29
    pugsley29 Posts: 726 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I've not had sky for I think 6 months now and don't miss them or their hefty bills, I do wonder how they are keeping up with profits and market share, must be all those people who do not use price comparison sites etc.
    Wishing you a lucky 2023: 🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀
  • Old_Git
    Old_Git Posts: 4,744 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Cashback Cashier
    Innys1 wrote: »
    If you only have Sky for their BB and are out of contract, ditch em.

There's much cheaper packages out there.

who are the better deals with
    "Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    The link to cancel the voicemail in the article is wrong:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/phones/2014/10/sky.com/voicemail

It should be:

http://www.sky.com/voicemail
  • cbrpaul
    cbrpaul Posts: 756 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    they all put their prices up , just at different times !!!
  • Alias_Omega
    Alias_Omega Posts: 7,912 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Tv went up in September, in accordance with the T&C's.

Not really too worried about the phone increase. We have free broadband, and 75% off tv.

Sky Entertainment Plus, SD Movies, SD Sports, Phone, Broadband for £32.40 a month.

Phone is up in Jan, so scope to cancel..but I think the same £15.40 (now £16.40) phone line with Free BB will be offered again.
  • I got rid of the landline with BT. Seems over expensive with them and all the other firms.

It seems while the prices of fixed lines is ever increasing the price of mobile communication seems to be falling.

It would be great to see 100% mobile broadband and telephony coverage from all the main mobile players. Everyone could then dump their landline.
  • KEV25
    KEV25 Posts: 14 Forumite
    I am on EE and get 45mbps down, 8/9mbps upload wirelessly for about 35 a month. i'm capped at 4gig but i use about 2.

I also have a sky line and get a maximum of 3/4 down and 0.5mbps upload for about £23 a month. no limit but i use about 20 as i watch films.

For an extra £10 a month I can increase my data allowance from EE to 40gig and use my phone as a wireless hub.

bye bye sky. like their tv service, the model and technology it uses is old and outdated. there are far cheaper and better alternatives available.
  • BE Broadband to SKY switcher here.

Left BT for line rental and moved to SKY for my landline and broadband, took offer of £15pm for FREE 12months landline, anytime calls and unlimited broadband.

As I don't pay for the line rental, will they now bill me £1 a month extra for the increase or am I protected in my 12 month FREE line rental offer which began in June this year? So, they will take £16pm now?

Not too fussed about paying £1pm for voicemail as I need people to be able to leave me a message.
  • Alias_Omega
    Alias_Omega Posts: 7,912 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Cancelled voicemail, very easy to do so.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure