Mackenzie Hall / CCJ

Comments

• Tavira , I have had the same as you , they sent a piece of paper which looked like a flyer , then a few days later I had a letter demanding a mandate statemnt to be made or else. I am unsure ...as like you , I am going to sent them a letter asking for further details .... check out my thread in wanna be debt free section ... I think the topic was , should I reply to agencies ...maybe we will beat these !!!!!!s ... :p
  • Optimist
    Optimist Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    As its over 6 years when all this was supposed to have happened and given the circumstaces you describe then this is "time barred" under the limitations act.

Do not even arguably acknowledge this debt, and I would suggest that if you went to the police and got a crime number that is what you would be doing.

If you communicate with MH again I suggest pointing them in the direction of the 1980 limitations act which I am sure they will be aware of. If they are as nasty as you imply you might even like to point them in the direction of the Administration of Justice Act, Section 40 which makes it a criminal offence to harass somebody in relation to a debt.

If you want further help on this I suggest a visit to Citizens advice.
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."

Bertrand Russell. British author, mathematician, & philosopher (1872 - 1970)
  • TAG
    TAG Posts: 2,823 Forumite
    A CCJ cannot be re registered.
  • TAG wrote:
    A CCJ cannot be re registered.

Yes it can. Why do you think it can't ?
  • TAG
    Why do you think it can?
  • TAG wrote:
    Why do you think it can?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Possibly becuase I have reasearched it, worked in the industry for nearly 20 years and have corresponded with others who have an even greater knowledge than me who state the same.

I certainly don't expect a child like pantomine response like yours when I asked a reasonable question - so again; why do you think a ccj cannot be re-registered with a CRA ?
  • Optimist
    Optimist Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    May I ask are you both referring to re-registering a CCJ prior to the 6 years being up or after ?
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."

Bertrand Russell. British author, mathematician, & philosopher (1872 - 1970)
  • To clarify the above;

1. The statue of limitations does not directly apply to CCJ, once an order is made by the court a CCJ will be lawfully valid indefinitely.

2. if after 6 years you have not satisfied the CCJ and the claimant then seeks a Charging order they would have to demonstrate reasonable grounds to the court as to why they had not previously applied within a “reasonable time frame” for the CCJ to be enforced via a charging order, this however does not effect the validity of the CCJ its self

3. a CCJ can be re-registered with the CRA’s after the initial 6 years, and this may continue for as long as it remains unsatisfied, although in practice I have not seen this done.

Hope this helps
    :rolleyes: It’s hard enough remembering my opinions - without remembering my reasons for them :rolleyes:
  • TAG
    Thank you file_wizzard for clarifiying our difference of opinion.

In response to Tootsie Roll - 'oh yes it can'. I do love a pantomine. Don't you?
  • TAG wrote:
    Thank you file_wizzard for clarifiying our difference of opinion.

In response to Tootsie Roll - 'oh yes it can'. I do love a pantomine. Don't you?

No I certainly don't when it can possibly affect a decision someone is going to make that may affect the rest of their life.

My kids like the Cbeebies website - go and play on there where you can't do any damage.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure