Buyers address is a PostOffice

2»

Comments

• mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I did once watch a BBC documentary about history of Royal Mail, can't remember where it was, but there was a delivery office which was basically a garden shed. One guy sorted the mail in there and then delivered it.
  • Ant555
    Ant555 Posts: 1,569 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    edited 14 March 2017 at 8:54PM

As a standard Joe Public you take your parcel to a Post Office but your Royal Mail postie will deliver it from his local Delivery Office.

Yes, although its described as Delivery Office in the text of my post, I made a mistake putting Post Office in the title which I don't seem to be able to change.

Ive sent it now but i'm still unsure if i'm honest of the technicalities of sending a MyHermes/Collect+ parcel that requires a signature to a Delivery Office unless the person actually works there. As you said, the postie delivers parcels and letters 'from' the Delivery office so its not a typical place to send things 'to'.

You said it was something you have done in the past, and not unusual, so at least that put my mind at rest that it was a valid thing to do.

Cheers to all - bit the bullet, fingers crossed, parcel sent now!
  • ballisticbrian
    ballisticbrian Posts: 3,935 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I too, have sent items to delivery offices, not just post offices. I've even sent items to staff at eBay! lol
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • KateBob
    KateBob Posts: 1,789 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    It's surprising how often something in address refers to a post office, or an "old" post office. I guess there's a lot of buildings or homes that were once post offices such as this one in Boscastle, Cornwall:

the-old-post-office.jpg

That's Tintagel!
    Kate short for Bob.

Alphabet thread High Priestess of all things unsavoury

Tesla was a genius.
  • ballisticbrian
    ballisticbrian Posts: 3,935 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    That's Tintagel!

Really. Well King Arthur had a bloody long way to go in order to send a post card! :D
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,210 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Really. Well King Arthur had a bloody long way to go in order to send a post card! :D
    Only about 4 miles but no doubt he would have sent a servant.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure