going to waitrose

iammumtoone
iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
edited 21 August 2016 at 9:43PM in Gone off!
There isn't a waitrose near me (the town I live in isn't' posh enough :rotfl:). Nearest one is 20 miles away. That says a lot about where I live :o

We are going to a town that has one to visit an attraction and whilst I am there thought I would treat myself and pop in.

Can anyone recommend the best value/nicest things to buy, I don't mind spending a bit more than normal as it a treat for us.

I believe they sell organic frozen veg? I will stock up on that. If I remember they also sell non homogenised milk.

Comments

• pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Their strawberries are out of this world! They actually taste like stawberries.
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,754 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Buy some of their bags for life. Then you can use them for all your shopping and be the envy of your neighbours. Make sure you are out of the house for long enough to convince them you've shopped out of town!
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • hoglet121
    hoglet121 Posts: 658 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Go after 4pm - that's when the reductions down to 25% of original value start. Or at least that was the time it started when I worked there 13+ years ago.
  • bouicca21
    bouicca21 Posts: 6,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Get a Waitrose card so you can have a free coffee (if you want to drink in the in store cafe you have to buy a cake/pastry, my local Waitrose has tables outside for cheapskates like me). You might even be able to sign up to the loyalty offer which gives you a discount on I think it's 10 items that you can select.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Def go for a Wiatrose card for the discounts on some items, they only let you pick from a prepared list but if you like an item on the list why not get the discount?
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • bexster1975
    bexster1975 Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    I would agree with the above.

Their meat is great quality in general. I also really like their fish and seafood. Check out their deals. Their essentials range is also very good quality across a range of products. If you get a waitrose card you can pick ten items from a long list that gets you 20% off every time you buy them. You can change the items every few months

Bexster :)
  • GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    my naughty treat is waitrose essentials profiteroles.
  • Dill
    Dill Posts: 1,743 Forumite
    My Waitrose indulgence is a vegetable Taiko sushi for £2.60

They do the best vege sushi (now that Marks and Pret have stopped doing them)
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,664 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Had some good deals on the booze as well.
    It might be worth checking your usual branded items on mysupermarket as sometimes they can be cheaper than the others if on offer.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Clear offs, we can not have any town riffraff coming into w8rs, drinking free tea and grabbing free newspapers. Get back to Lidl!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure