What small DFW things will you do this week? w/c 05/12

Comments

• Foxgloves I am not sleeping too well either despite being really tired when I go to bed. Hope tonight is better.

So 4 hours at job no. 1, home to do 1.5 hours cleaning/tidying/laundry. I need to do at least 3 hours on job no. 2 and DS2 needs taking for his hair cutting which could easily use up an hour. Need to call at Li@l and I also need to collect a parcel.

If I get a move on I can get an hour and a half done on job no. 2 now. DS1 might just make a chicken pie for tea if he comes home from work in a good mood!

Isnt it mild? House is starting to feel a bit chilly though.
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 7 December 2016 at 5:03PM
    Hi all :)

I'm off sick again today, no longer feverish but just feel physically drained, everything is an effort.

I have however planned tonight's dinner which is going to be a chicken curry bulked out with aubergine a la my local curry house, they do it with prawns but DSD is with us tonight and she doesn't like prawns, I don't know if she likes aubergines but who could not love aubergines??!

I have just cleaned out the fire grate and built up the fire for this evening. DSD and DSGF are slim young things that feel the cold more than us so I've been heating the sitting room (where DSD sleeps one night per week) with the open fire and I got DS and GF a small oil fired heater for their room.

I had another sale on eBay this morning for a biggish £25 item. I do wish people wouldn't pay by PayPal when it is a collection only item though :mad:

Bobarella, so sorry to hear you may have lost the booking but if they are stroppy enough to cancel ove a misunderstanding then they'd probably have been a PITA on the day.

CLF, I know the work problem isn't going to be solved with this little bit of advice but I'm a big fan of inspirational quotes etc and keep a few on my desktop to consult when someone pees me off, it doesn't make the problem go away but it does stop me killing them :D

One of my favourites:

'Rudeness is the weak persons imitation of strength'

.(and boy do I work with some rude people!)

Hope everyone is otherwise we'll and keeping the moneysaving faith!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • FatVonD
    edited 7 December 2016 at 5:05PM
    More for CLF

'I'm currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour'

'Don't give up, you still have a couple of motherxxxxxxx to prove wrong'

And my absolute favourite...

'Sometimes you just have to put on your crown and remind them who they're dealing with'

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • FatVonD wrote: »
    'I'm currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour'

^^
    this

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 7 December 2016 at 9:48PM
    1LuckyLady wrote: »
    Morning all, Hope everyone's doing ok.

Need to get organised today as hubby working from home tomorrow which is great but he works on the kitchen table so I don't feel like I can be in there rattling around as I normally would so want to get as much prepped as I can.

Today's list
    * Kids getting a free breakfast at school :)
    * Check banking/update spreadsheets :)
    * Minimal heating - definitely off until the kids come home :)
    * Check & tidy fridge, make sure nothing goes to waste :)
    * Shower continuing use various lotions and potions up, will also leave my hair to dry naturally :)Finished off 1st bottle of talc, a bubble bath that dh wasn't keen on so I've used it up as shower gel, e45 cream finished off on my elbows and very nearly finished off the face cream I was given :)
    * Write the last Christmas card (was waiting for the one from them as I couldn't for the life of me remember the wives name :eek:) :)
    * Hoover round only the area's that need it. :)
    * Get the xmas dec packaging all away in the garage :)
    * Check lukcyphone/numberplate/fpl :)
    * Check tcb & £co for monies available :):(

That's enough of a start, be back and will update as I go along as I find I get more done that way!
    Got a bit side tracked, sorting out kids playroom, getting rid of junk, adding things to the cs pile and re-purposing various storage boxes etc, not finished yet but needed a cuppa and some food :) Jacket potato and cheese for lunch from stores.

Bye for now!

** Kids asked what was for tea.... my answer "a concoction" their little faces were a picture! :rotfl: Sometimes these concoctions are good but sometimes they've been pretty bad :eek: Luckily this one went down well :p
    I had a small tin of salmon hidden at the back of the cupboard, mixed with a can of chicken soup that dh didn't like and I'd bought 2 tins, added in peas, sweetcorn and cabbage from the freezer. Covered with breadcrumbs from the freezer and grated on the last of the cheese we weren't keen on, they had this on a jacket spud, as they finished they asked if there was any seconds :T There isn't as I'm going to have it as my tea whilst dh finishes off the end of the slowcooker curry that I made on Monday :)
    ** Making quick peanut butter cookies from the bbCfood site rather then popping out to the shop as I really fancy something sweet. :)

Yorkshirelass, yes its been very mild here too, so nice not having to scrap the car of ice in a morning!
    FatVonD, loving the quotes, will copy & paste a couple of them for when DH messges me ranting about the people he works with!
    BaileysBabe, I used to post Tidy house = Tidy mind, it definitely helps me :)

I thought I'd fixed our cylinder hoover the other day just by emptying it, but today the brushes still not working as soon as it touches the carpet, I've taken the various bits apart and there is nothing blocking it, if I take off the brush end and attach it to the cut down size hose it works but just not on the extended one for some reason, Any ideas?
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • ClootiesMum
    ClootiesMum Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just delurking for a minute - MinnieMousesMummy - have you seen the edict released about keeping chickens inside for 30 days in case of bird flu?
    Just thought I'd mention in case you hadn't seen it.
    Back to lurking
    Debts 07/12/2021
    #280/#310.08/#450/#575.47/#750/#1000/#1200/#1848.83
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,439 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Evening all :)
    Not a great list today, as I have been looking after GD, also had an expensive day due to appointments etc :eek:
    Anyway, small things:
    HG rhubarb from freezer for breakfast instead of bought fruit
    OH to dentist, big bill coming up :eek:
    Dog to groomer for a haircut, small bill, paid. Groomer also talked me into buying a Xmas stocking for dog :eek: I don't normally do this kind of stuff for animals (lived on a farm for too long!) but there were loads of bags of treats in it, and I probably won't need to buy any more for all of 2017 :rotfl:
    Posted 2 ebay items, no sales today so far though :(
    Also posted a RM surveys item
    Load of washing partially dried on line, now on airer to finish off :)
    Cheap and easy dinner, on offer filled pasta / tortellini stuff with roasted tomato sauce (that I made from our tomato mountain back in the summer) topped off with some grated cheese, and salad using up the last of the lettuce and cucumber :)
    No heating on today as strangely it has been really mild, and quite pleasant, after the horrible weather we have been having. Not even lit the wood burner yet!

Still need to check the banks and look for online surveys.
  • Just delurking for a minute - MinnieMousesMummy - have you seen the edict released about keeping chickens inside for 30 days in case of bird flu?
    Just thought I'd mention in case you hadn't seen it.
    Back to lurking

Hi, No I haven't seen that I will google it and have a read. Thanks for bring that to my attention
  • FatVonD
    My collection only eBay buyer has messaged me, he lives in North Yorkshire :(

• FVD I sold a collection only computer chair to someone in Thailand once, I think they made a mistake and strangely never came to collect it. Oh then I sold a lawnmower for £15 recently and the buyers made a 60 mile round trip in their very flashy 4x4 to collect it. Ebay is odd.

Didnt sleep that well again, but today is a busy day. Need to be in work early for an important meeting which means getting DS2 up early, both jobs today, didnt get to Li@l yesterday so need to go today, DS2 to footie training tonight, and a parcel to collect.

Wont have time to spend more than necessary! Washing over airer, making chilli to go in sc for tea. Chimney sweep is coming which I have been putting off as it will cost about £60/£70 but it means we can get rid of some of the free wood that we have stored in the coal shed.

Best get moving.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport