NST October ORGANISE OCTOBER

Options

Comments

• Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Today was a bit of a write off. I didn't sleep well (stomach cramps) so at 7.30 C told me to stay in bed and he'd see to the gas man (due to arrive at 10.00).15 minutes later huge crash in bathroom and I find C lying on the floor. He'd slipped getting out of the shower. I managed to get him up (not too badly damaged) and (you've guessed it) the gas man arrived early. There we were – him naked, me in my dressing gown and not much else, toilet seat in bits and floor covered in water. It was quite embarrassing.
    C's back is now turning a fetching shade of purple and he's in a bit of pain when he moves but he's refusing to go to the doctor. Better keep an eye on him.

ORGANIZE: Not a chance. Everything has just been put back where it was. Replacing toilet seat has been added to the list. Luckily, I have one which I bought some time ago but couldn't fit because I was waiting for “someone” to take the old one off. Not a problem now.

GET READY FOR WINTER: As you may have guessed I've done nothing today

Check the torches are working
    Look out winter hat, scarf, gloves and boots
    Look out tracks for covering shoes for walking in icy weather
    Council are responsible for gritting path and lane but might buy some salt anyway.
    ALWAYS BE KIND: I really tried but I think he just wanted to be left alone.

IMPROVISE: My son is still feeling poorly so didn't want his mince and tatties last night. It's now been changed into cottage pie for C and I tomorrow.

STOPTOBER: Didn't really have any alternative but to be good.

EXERCISE: Absolutely none

ONE MORE TIME: I've only eaten a slice of toast and that was a struggle so hopefully that will help the weight loss.

CHRISTMAS: Least said about that the better. It didn't even enter my head.

NSD: 2/15. I suppose that's a positive

EXTRA INCOME: Did one survey.

So all in all started off bad and fell away (as my friend, Jayne, used to say) but so long as he's alright that's the main thing. Tomorrow will be better.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Day 12

Have been a little MIA for a few days but have tried to keep on top of the NSDs if nothing else.

NSDs: 8/15
    Exercise: Cycled - 1/12
    10k steps - 4/22
    Food Budget: 54.80/100
    Extra Income: 76.84/150

The only thing that has changed is the NSDs unfortunately. Today I am grateful for the bottle of wine that I have had in my fridge for a couple of weeks, its going down very nicely this evening.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 12 October 2017 at 7:16PM
    Options
    Day 12
    NSD achieved today 10/20
    Used what I had in today for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
    Read my book, walked for 20 minutes and took my lunch in today.
    Booked a cab for tomorrow as my Mum and I have a GP appointment. Will go into work after I have taken my Mum home.
    Toni'sfriend Hope C is alright and recovers soon.
    Grateful for:
    For having time to finish reading another book. Got another book ready for tomorrow.
    Pleasant weather going home from work.
    Got through the day at work.
    Had an easy dinner tonight.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • dizzyblnd
    dizzyblnd Posts: 449 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yesterday and today have been nsds so I'm at 6/15. This is great. I literally have not left the house today. It's felt amazing. I haven't done that in years.
    Mortgage free wannabee 2022 #82
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I have a free day tomorrow so will comment on your posts then (best wishes for a swift recovery to C, Toni'sfriend). Was still awake when the clock struck 7am but dozed off, so have done the day on 2 hours sleep.

I had a fairly productive night, a couple of hours of cutting and sticking and aslo took a small mushroom box and gathered up every small scrap of paper, button, sequin,bead and mini peg I could find. Want to have another tidying push tonight so I can start with clear space tomorrow.

I am very tired but think I need to do some 'unwinding' before I can sleep. My typing is all over the place. Will read and then sleep. Back with bags of inspiration (and boundless energy) tomorrow.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    SFD number 6 here, I think,

Work is crazy and I'm grumpy, the dogs keeping looking at me oddly so I know I'm behaving differently. Poor things.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • Scrimps
    Scrimps Posts: 362 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Organise: same as every day this month - decorating
    -Regular: 142/200 no change
    -Get ready for winter: no change today
    -Always be kind: think I covered this today
    NSD: today was not a NSD - 4/20. Reusable nappies were going very cheap online so I bought them
    Stoptober: No budget fiddling today
    Exercise: Walked to and from work.
    Banned: stuck to no work food shopping
    Extra Income: earned 30p on onepoll
    missed 2 days of logging in so far this month.
  • ilovetea
    ilovetea Posts: 1,209 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello again.
    Check in 11/31
    Nsd 9/31
    All food from stores.
    Haven't been out,thinking a bit of fresh air might do me good.:)
    Been meaning to make a list of things I want to do and one for things I have to do.Just seems a lot of effort. Think I need a bit of a kick up the behind:rotfl:

ilovetea xx
    Make £2024 in 2024 £1161.08
    Declutter 2024 things in 2024 994/2024.
    NSD's in Feb Target 20. So far 21/20.
    NSD's in Mar. Target 20. So far 21/20
    NSD's in April Target 20.. So far 20/20
  • bizzie
    bizzie Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Check in #12/31.
    Grocery shopping picking out best offers in each one as have all but one of the well known ones within walking distance.
    So still at 6/15 NSD and will update signature tomorrow.
    Groceries: Personal Spend: 0 NST NSD Goals for 2024:Self: Health: Wealth :
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all :j

No NSD today as items purchased by DH from farm shop so still 7/15

Organise: All housework related today due to visitors imminent arrival..cleaned room, all of front hall & back hall which are the size of rooms & need doing as en route to downstairs facilities. Looks like it hasn't been done for months due to presence of 3 large hairy dogs overnight. Therefore can only be done after they've gone out in the morning. Cursing decision to have pets as washing all tiles on hands & knees. DD comment - 'You always get stressed out when people visit' Gah I wonder why.........

Lunch: Sandwiches made for guests, teacakes, growlers & meats purchased from local farm shop also apple pie (hangs head in shame as have apples to make one, ran out of time) although only 99p :rotfl:

Supper was Baked spuds & HM calzone made from wraps. quick & easy as pretty tired

Food budget: £191.96/250 :eek:

Be kind: Yes even when DH arrived back with..TWO trays of eggs. - only one was requested. OK so why did you buy 2 then? Ah well I have a good reason...the cashier was chatting to me & I forgot the tray of large eggs. After I paid I remembered - but then they don't accept transactions of under £5 - so I had to buy 2 trays........Anyone know what to do with 72 eggs? For a family of 2, sometimes 3 people?? Ya gotta laugh :rotfl:

One more time: Yep on SW again, did ok till late on then ate a few more things than I should

Extra Income: A few small bids on my eBay items, peanuts tbh

Christmas: Nothing today

Exercise: Not as such, see cleaning stuff above

Heating: still off

Grateful for: Friends visiting

No migraine despite getting stressed out

Heated duvet - always, what an invention..

Mothernerd Sorry to hear you are not so chipper, look after yourself, thanks for keeping us on the straight & narrow..
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure