Prestige Flowers - Anything but Prestige

Options

Comments

• erlevy1
    Options
    I ordered some flowers to send to my friend in Paris as a gift after staying with her.

I thought it was strange that I hadn't heard from her after sending them and a few days after the delivery date it transpired that she hadn't received them.

I have been trying to get in touch with Prestige for the last week and they have still not given me an explanation of why the flowers never arrived.

Furthermore, they have refused to give me a refund. Do not order with them, I am absolutely appalled.
  • mccaffsdawn
    Options
    Similar tale of woe here! I ordered flowers to an overseas recipient to be delivered on a Friday. They finally turned up in such a terrible state on the Monday morning that the recipient refused to accept delivery. Unfortunately Prestige's T&Cs basically meant I didn't have a leg to stand on as far as a refund was concerned but as a 'gesture of goodwill' they offered to send out a replacement bouquet. That was due to be delivered on Monday..........still no sign of it!
  • mccaffsdawn
    Options
    Well, as a bit of an update having e-mailed Prestige yesterday to ask where my mum's flowers were, not had a reply from them but my mum's flowers did finally turn up at 4pm today......just 4 days late then! Thankfully they were in a far better state than the first delivery but certainly not worth the £30 I paid (plus delivery and all the angst/ stress!) You definitely live and learn. Do not touch this company with a barge pole!!!
  • bechbest
    Options
    Prestige Flowers arrived by post Monday morning so no wonder they looked wilted - carnations ready for the compost heap, some others flowers apparently ok but the stems all suffering form being wrapped in moistened bag rather than standing in water. What a cost to the environment of growing and transporting these flowers to such a disappointing end. Just money-making with no conscience.My friend could scarcely afford to pay for such a gift so I'm angry it's such a wasteful rip-off.
    Bouquet - about £25 supposedly saving £15 which would be a price that's even more of a rip-off. Is this 'Save £15 claim a matter for trading standards? When I phoned to thank my friend she told me she had realised the flowers had not been delivered on Saturday as promised so tried tracking them, without success, Then she phoned the company who couldn't find the record at first, then said that the order was down for 15 December 2012 - so nearly a year late if that's the case! So their system seems not to work at all.
  • Jason_ABC
    Options
    [FONT=&quot]Ordered a bunch of flowers near valentines, beautiful bunch of red and purple tulips. Title was "Tulip kisses". Very nice. What was received was a bunch of white tulips straight from the with sympathy section. They'd ran out of red tulips around valentines so instead thought it was ok to send a deepest sympathy message. Of course it may have been ok if the message card had been included or even if the arrangement didn't look like it was from an "industrial bulk order service" which was how it was descirbed to me when I enquired of their status with the recipient. Contacted them to resolve it - mistakes happen - and they apologised sincerely but told me it was tough and the substitute was good enough. Of course I then read their 100% satisfaction guarantee which, if you take the time to read it says that provided you get flowers then you are by definition satisfied. Very poor customer service will not use them again and am appealing to paypal resolution to recover my money[/FONT]
  • markyando
    markyando Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 11 April 2014 at 11:22AM
    Options
    The internet is awash with tales of woe from prestigeflowers.co.uk and I'm one of the unlucky people who have been conned by them. I ordered a mother's day bouquet, upgraded to a large and selected delivery to be on the Sunday. What turned up was pathetic and downright embarrassing. The roses were brown, the lilies still haven't opened and the quantity of flowers was nowhere near what should be expected in a large bouquet that cost nearly £40. I took photographs, sent them off to the prestigeflowers.co.uk customer care team and they replied saying that they had only delivered a small bouquet and would refund the difference, but they wouldn't acknowledge the poor quality of the flowers. Their 100% guarantee isn't worth the pixel space it takes up, even though I pointed out that more than 25% of my flowers were affected (brown roses and unopened lilies) when asking for a full refund. When I asked them about the delivery, they quoted their T's & C's which state that at peak times, orders may be sent out earlier to avoid delivery. This is all well and good, but why was I able to select Sunday delivery on the website, even though the flowers were sent Royal Mail. Royal Mail don't deliver on a Sunday, so they were never going to arrive then anyway, peak time or not.

All in all, I feel utterly conned by prestigeflowers.co.uk and am turning to social media to make sure as many people as possible avoid making the same mistake I did. They got just about everything wrong with my order, wrong size, poor quality flowers, wrong delivery date and yet still they refuse to offer a full refund.

Incidentally, does anyone have a contact for the MD of this company, or prestige gifting which I think is the parent company? I'd like to send a letter to him/her and ask if they think what was delivered to my wife was acceptable.

Also, I'm sure a lot of the reviews on trustpilot are written by prestige flowers staff. They broadly follow the same pattern, same kind of 2 line gushy 5 star review etc.

Don't be fooled by the prestigeflowers.co.uk colourful website and 100% guarantees. In my experience, they take your money and then don't give a monkey's after that. If anyone from prestige management reading this would like to talk to me about the facts I've written above, please feel free. My order number is 226278

AVOID!
  • PhylPho
    PhylPho Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Prstige Flowers is a brokerage. A middle man. It couldn't give a toss about anyone who has a complaint so long as the fake Facebook eulogies are able to be placed and as long as the reservoir of the gullible has yet to be exhausted. Unfortunately, that reservoir is very wide and very deep. I wouldn't waste your time, writing to whoever might be the MD because why would you wish to be the provider of a cheap laugh? Outfits like Prestige Flowers should be called to account under effective consumer legislation; the fact that it hasn't says much for consumer protection in the UK. The way to bear down on brokerages such as these is to complain to your Member of Parliament. It might seem a bit odd for a bunch of flowers to be the subject of consideration by an MP but its elected representatives who make the laws and its elected representatives who have the power to inquire much more rigorously than any elector can. A letter to your MP asking her / him to delve into the operations of this and similar outfits -- with a copy of that letter to the company concerned -- is the only effective way of getting them shut down.
  • Nicola_Emms
    Options
    So awful, they have stolen my money and do not care.

Flowers were never delivered and now they ignore me, I'm trying to get a refund but feel powerless.
  • markyando
    Options
    markyando wrote: »
    The internet is awash with tales of woe from prestigeflowers.co.uk and I'm one of the unlucky people who have been conned by them. I ordered a mother's day bouquet, upgraded to a large and selected delivery to be on the Sunday. What turned up was pathetic and downright embarrassing. The roses were brown, the lilies still haven't opened and the quantity of flowers was nowhere near what should be expected in a large bouquet that cost nearly £40. I took photographs, sent them off to the prestigeflowers.co.uk customer care team and they replied saying that they had only delivered a small bouquet and would refund the difference, but they wouldn't acknowledge the poor quality of the flowers. Their 100% guarantee isn't worth the pixel space it takes up, even though I pointed out that more than 25% of my flowers were affected (brown roses and unopened lilies) when asking for a full refund. When I asked them about the delivery, they quoted their T's & C's which state that at peak times, orders may be sent out earlier to avoid delivery. This is all well and good, but why was I able to select Sunday delivery on the website, even though the flowers were sent Royal Mail. Royal Mail don't deliver on a Sunday, so they were never going to arrive then anyway, peak time or not.

All in all, I feel utterly conned by prestigeflowers.co.uk and am turning to social media to make sure as many people as possible avoid making the same mistake I did. They got just about everything wrong with my order, wrong size, poor quality flowers, wrong delivery date and yet still they refuse to offer a full refund.

Incidentally, does anyone have a contact for the MD of this company, or prestige gifting which I think is the parent company? I'd like to send a letter to him/her and ask if they think what was delivered to my wife was acceptable.

Also, I'm sure a lot of the reviews on trustpilot are written by prestige flowers staff. They broadly follow the same pattern, same kind of 2 line gushy 5 star review etc.

Don't be fooled by the prestigeflowers.co.uk colourful website and 100% guarantees. In my experience, they take your money and then don't give a monkey's after that. If anyone from prestige management reading this would like to talk to me about the facts I've written above, please feel free. My order number is 226278

AVOID!

Just an update. It's taken me a month and 6 or 7 strong but polite emails, but eventually I've been given a full refund. I'll now go and buy my wife some flowers from a proper florists rather than from a firm of internet cowboys.
  • aqua111
    aqua111 Posts: 525 Forumite
    Options
    My Daughter has been sending flowers for the last 10 years for various occasions. I have been disappointed so many times with half dead flowers, broken vases etc.
    I told her not to waste any more money!
    As a last resort she ordered from BUNCHES.
    What a difference; lovely fresh flowers.
    In the last 2 years I have had 6 deliveries all of the same standard!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure