PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Defrosting HM cakes?

Just a quick question :)

My mum wants to know, when defrosting HM cakes (in this case a Medeira) do you leave them in their wrappers, or is it better to remove them first?

We weren't sure whether they would go too soggy/dry depending on what was done

:)
DFW Nerd no. 884 - Proud to [strike]be dealing with[/strike] have dealt with my debts

Comments

• Bambam
    Bambam Posts: 359 Forumite
    What sort of wrapping do you use? If I use clingfilm I generally unwrap it because plastic can make things a bit sweaty. But if I use foil I just place it on a plate as it is and let it do its thing. With a sponge I dredge with icing sugar when defrosted.

Edit: I also make icing topping when it's defrosted.
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
    :kisses3:
  • earthmother
    earthmother Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Thanks - I'm not sure what she's used (I'll ask her when I speak to her tomorrow), but I'll let her know what you said

:)
    DFW Nerd no. 884 - Proud to [strike]be dealing with[/strike] have dealt with my debts
  • Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    If in doubt, remove wrappings, put on a plate and invert a container over the top.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills