IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Minster baywatch parking fine

Options

Comments

• football_striker
    Options
    How and who should I get written proof from? The Dean? Thanks, hopefully that works providing that BW sign it off as their land.

Do you have any recommendations of what I should put in for my appeal to Popla if I decide to do it next week? The example ones I've seen on here are like written essays, they're so long, I wouldn't know where to start.

Many thanks
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Resign yourself to writing your own essay of similar length!
  • football_striker
    Options
    From scratch? Are there not template ones I can use?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    No templates as such.

The newbies FAQ thread has lots of advice on preparing a popla appeal.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    From scratch? Are there not template ones I can use?
    Errrrm...yes, in post #3 of the NEWBIES thread, where the POPLA template points are.

We give you the bricks, you just build the wall.

It is easy, most people say, when they have found the templates. No link, I never link to the NEWBIES thread but my signature says where it is (two clicks away).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • football_striker
    Options
    I've finally had a response from MB and they've sent a very long reply. Although most of it is my original appeal, their own responses are quite short, only a few lines long. In order to gain some advice, would it help if I posted the PDF document on here for people to see?

After skim reading, I've noticed that they have said no payment was made during the duration of time my car was in the car park. They've attached records of all the people that paid for parking on that very day and they state that "these records clearly show that no payment was made for vehicle registration......." But the driver did pay for an hour, and it actually shows my registration plate clearly on their records in the evidence section of their response. So they're trying to mislead POPLA with their evidence.

Also, their scans of the licence agreement with the cathedral is in such poor quality, it's so blurry, I can barely read it properly. It is in date but they've blacked out the signatures at the end of the contract, so Joe Bloggs could have signed this off surely??? It's all very suspicious!!!

There are also some photographs they've taken of the signs from within the car park which are a fair distance away from where I parked (they're at the entrance of the car park) and they're not the ones which I read, the one I read next to the parking meter doesn't state anything about ANPR and is clearly too small to read. Additionally, they've added in some bright yellow parking signs in their evidence which show the fine in massive red letters but there is no location on them and they definitely aren't taken from this car park, so again they're trying to mislead POPLA!!! I have got a photograph of the whole car park which clearly shows these yellow signs don't exist.

I'd be extremely grateful if someone could give me some advice/guidance on how to respond to them. I've got 7 days from now. I will of course send it as a PDF to POPLA because they don't allow you much of a word count!
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    search the forum for POPLA REBUTTAL and base your rebuttal draft on ones sent to popla by other members in the last 6 months (no matter who the PPC is)
  • football_striker
    Options
    Thanks. I will do! But do you think any of my above points have any grounds?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 7 July 2017 at 7:02PM
    Options
    I didnt read them , but "who knows"

this whole system has no baselines and anything goes

the point of a rebuttal is not to reiterate the initial popla appeal, its to go through their points and try to dismantle them one by one , pointing out any errors or omissions or whatever that you were not party to prior to putting in your popla appeal

they saw your appeal, they went through it and put in their evidence and trying to rubbish your appeal , its now your chance to rubbish their published evidence they gave to popla , so go through it and do so , point by point

you seem to have done this, so construct a rebuttal based on what you have said and done above, plus anything else too

if you dont ask , you dont get , so do it anyway , they can only say no

this is like a tennis match at winbledon , serve , return . return , return , verdict
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Your points all seem very valid, just say that in bullet points, keep is short and snappy (like your post above, really).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure